Words containing chrom
6 letter words containing chrom
7 letter words containing chrom
8 letter words containing chrom
- achromat — a lens designed to bring light of two chosen wavelengths to the same focal point, thus reducing chromatic aberration
- achromia — (medicine) Absence of pigmentation, especially in the skin or blood.
- achromic — colourless
- bichrome — having two colours
- caschrom — a wooden hand-plough used to till the ground in the northwest of Scotland
9 letter words containing chrom
- achromate — a person unable to perceive color.
- achromats — Plural form of achromat.
- achromous — Colorless; achromatic.
- chromagen — (biochemistry) Any compound, such as heme, that forms a biological pigment when attached to a protein.
- chromakey — (in colour television) a special effect in which a coloured background can be eliminated and a different background substituted
10 letter words containing chrom
- achromasia — Absence of normal skin pigmentation (from bruising, stress or disease); pallor or achromia.
- achromatic — without colour
- achromatin — the material of the nucleus of a cell that does not stain with basic dyes
- achromycin — tetracycline
- apochromat — a lens, consisting of three or more elements of different types of glass, that is designed to bring light of three colours to the same focal point, thus reducing its chromatic aberration
11 letter words containing chrom
- achromatism — the condition or quality of being achromatic; lack of color
- achromatize — to make achromatic; to remove colour from
- achromatous — having little or no colour or less than is normal
- auxochromic — any radical or group of atoms that intensifies the color of a substance.
- chromascope — An instrument for showing the optical effects of colour.
12 letter words containing chrom
- achromatopia — Defective ability to see colours.
- achromatopsy — Color blindness; inability to distinguish colors; daltonism, achromatopia.
- adrenochrome — a chemical pigment produced by the oxidation of adrenaline
- apochromatic — (of a lens) almost free from spherical and chromatic aberration
- bathochromic — denoting or relating to a shift to a longer wavelength in the absorption spectrum of a compound
13 letter words containing chrom
- achromaticity — achromatism.
- achromatophil — Also, achromatophilic [ey-kruh-mat-uh-fil-ik, ak-ruh-, ey-kroh-muh-tuh-] /ˌeɪ krəˌmæt əˈfɪl ɪk, ˌæk rə-, eɪˌkroʊ mə tə-/ (Show IPA). having little or no affinity for stains.
- achromatopsia — a visual disorder defined by deficient or absent function in the retinal cones, resulting in colour blindness and in decreased vision in bright lights
- achromobacter — any of several rod-shaped bacteria of the genus Achromobacter, found in soil and water.
- allochromatic — Physical Chemistry. pertaining to or having photochemical properties resulting from an impurity or from exposure to radiation.
14 letter words containing chrom
- achromatically — In an achromatic manner.
- chlorochromate — (inorganic chemistry) The univalent anion CrClO3-, or any salt containing this anion.
- chromatography — the technique of separating and analysing the components of a mixture of liquids or gases by selective adsorption in, for example, a column of powder (column chromatography) or on a strip of paper (paper chromatography)
- chromatophilia — chromophilia.
- chromatophilic — Also, chromophilic, chromophilous [kroh-mof-uh-luh s] /kroʊˈmɒf ə ləs/ (Show IPA), chromatophilic, chromatophilous. staining readily.
15 letter words containing chrom
- achromatophilia — the property of having little or no affinity for stains.
- chromatographer — A person skilled in chromatography or who operates a chromatograph.
- chromatographic — (analytical chemistry) Of or pertaining to chromatography.
- chromium-plated — having been plated with chromium
- chromoxylograph — a coloured print created from printing with wooden blocks
16 letter words containing chrom
17 letter words containing chrom
18 letter words containing chrom
- chromolithographer — One engaged in chromolithography.
- chromolithographic — Pertaining to, or made by, chromolithography.
- polychromatophilic — having an affinity for more than one kind of stain, especially for acid, neutral, and basic stains, as polychromatophilic erythroblasts characteristic of pernicious anemia.
19 letter words containing chrom
- chromatographically — With regard to, or by by using chromatography.
- chromoblastomycosis — Long-term fungal infection of the skin and subcutaneous tissue.
- radiochromatography — chromatography in which radiolabeled substances on the chromatogram are determined quantitatively or qualitatively by measuring their radioactivity.
21 letter words containing chrom
- electrochromatography — chromatography effected by the influence of an applied electric field
On this page, we collect all words with CHROM. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 324 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains CHROM that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.