Words containing christ
6 letter words containing christ
- christ — Christ is one of the names of Jesus, whom Christians believe to be the son of God and whose teachings are the basis of Christianity.
7 letter words containing christ
- christo — full name Christo Javacheff. born 1935, US artist, born in Bulgaria; best known for works in which he wraps buildings, monuments, or natural features in canvas or plastic
- christy — a turn in which the body is swung sharply round with the skis parallel, originating in Norway and used for stopping, slowing down, or changing direction quickly
8 letter words containing christ
- christen — When a baby is christened, he or she is given a name during the Christian ceremony of baptism. Compare baptize.
- christer — a Christian, esp. one actively engaged in proselytizing or evangelizing
- christie — Dame Agatha (Mary Clarissa). 1890–1976, British author of detective stories, many featuring Hercule Poirot, and several plays, including The Mousetrap (1952)
- christly — of Jesus Christ; Christlike
- christo- — indicating or relating to Christ
9 letter words containing christ
- christens — Third-person singular simple present indicative form of christen.
- christian — A Christian is someone who follows the teachings of Jesus Christ.
- christina — 1626–89, queen of Sweden (1632–54), daughter of Gustavus Adolphus, noted particularly for her patronage of literature
- christine — a feminine name: dim. Chris, Chrissie, Tina; var. Christina, Christy
- christmas — Christmas is a Christian festival when the birth of Jesus Christ is celebrated. Christmas is celebrated on the 25th of December.
10 letter words containing christ
- antichrist — the antagonist of Christ, expected by early Christians to appear and reign over the world until overthrown at Christ's Second Coming
- christened — to receive into the Christian church by baptism; baptize.
- christhood — the state of being the Christ, the anointed one of God
- christless — being without the teachings or spirit of Christ; unchristian.
- christlike — resembling or showing the spirit of Jesus Christ
11 letter words containing christ
- antichrists — Plural form of antichrist.
- christcross — the mark of a cross formerly placed in front of the alphabet in hornbooks
- christendom — All the Christian people and countries in the world can be referred to as Christendom.
- christening — A christening is a Christian ceremony in which a baby is made a member of the Christian church and is officially given his or her name. Compare baptism.
- christiania — Christie1
12 letter words containing christ
- christchurch — a city in New Zealand, on E South Island: manufacturing centre of a rich agricultural region; suffered major damage and loss of life in a series of earthquakes in 2010–11. Pop: 366 000 (2013 est)
- christenings — Plural form of christening.
- christianise — to make Christian.
- christianism — the beliefs and practices of Christians.
- christianite — (mineral) alternative name of phillipsite.
13 letter words containing christ
14 letter words containing christ
- christ's-thorn — any of certain Old World thorny shrubs or small trees supposed to have been used for Christ's crown of thorns, as the Jerusalem thorn, Paliurus spina-christi, or the jujube, Ziziphus jujuba.
- christiansburg — a town in SW Virginia.
- christmasberry — toyon.
- christocentric — having as the theological focal point the teachings and practices of Jesus Christ.
- dechristianize — to make non-Christian
15 letter words containing christ
- antichristianly — in an Antichristian manner
- christadelphian — a member of a Christian millenarian sect founded in the US about 1848, holding that only the just will enter eternal life, that the wicked will be annihilated, and that the ignorant, the unconverted, and infants will not be raised from the dead
- christcross-row — the alphabet.
- judeo-christian — of or relating to the religious writings, beliefs, values, or traditions held in common by Judaism and Christianity.
- unchristianlike — not like a Christian; not in accordance with Christian teaching and values
16 letter words containing christ
18 letter words containing christ
- dechristianization — The act of dechristianizing; the systematic removal of Christianity or Christian elements.
On this page, we collect all words with CHRIST. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 161 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains CHRIST that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.