Words containing chr
5 letter words containing chr
6 letter words containing chr
- chrism — a mixture of olive oil and balsam used for sacramental anointing in the Greek Orthodox and Roman Catholic Churches
- christ — Christ is one of the names of Jesus, whom Christians believe to be the son of God and whose teachings are the basis of Christianity.
- chrom- — chromo-
- chroma — the attribute of a colour that enables an observer to judge how much chromatic colour it contains irrespective of achromatic colour present
- chrome — Chrome is metal plated with chromium.
7 letter words containing chr
- -chrome — colour, coloured, or pigment
- chrises — a male given name, form of Christopher.
- chrisom — a white robe put on an infant at baptism and formerly used as a burial shroud if the infant died soon afterwards
- christo — full name Christo Javacheff. born 1935, US artist, born in Bulgaria; best known for works in which he wraps buildings, monuments, or natural features in canvas or plastic
- christy — a turn in which the body is swung sharply round with the skis parallel, originating in Norway and used for stopping, slowing down, or changing direction quickly
8 letter words containing chr
- -chroous — coloured in a specified way
- achroite — the colorless or white variety of tourmaline, often used as a gem.
- achromat — a lens designed to bring light of two chosen wavelengths to the same focal point, thus reducing chromatic aberration
- achromia — (medicine) Absence of pigmentation, especially in the skin or blood.
- achromic — colourless
9 letter words containing chr
- achromate — a person unable to perceive color.
- achromats — Plural form of achromat.
- achromous — Colorless; achromatic.
- anachrony — a discrepancy between the order of events in a story and the order in which they are presented in the plot: Anachronies are either flashbacks or flashforwards.
- archrival — a chief rival
10 letter words containing chr
- achromasia — Absence of normal skin pigmentation (from bruising, stress or disease); pallor or achromia.
- achromatic — without colour
- achromatin — the material of the nucleus of a cell that does not stain with basic dyes
- achromycin — tetracycline
- anachronic — out of chronological order or out of date
11 letter words containing chr
- achromatism — the condition or quality of being achromatic; lack of color
- achromatize — to make achromatic; to remove colour from
- achromatous — having little or no colour or less than is normal
- allochronic — (biology, of taxa) occurring in different geologic time.
- amphichroic — producing two colours, one on reacting with an acid, the other on reacting with a base
12 letter words containing chr
- achromatopia — Defective ability to see colours.
- achromatopsy — Color blindness; inability to distinguish colors; daltonism, achromatopia.
- adrenochrome — a chemical pigment produced by the oxidation of adrenaline
- anachronical — Not in the correct date order. Chronologically incorrect.
- anachronisms — Plural form of anachronism.
13 letter words containing chr
- achromaticity — achromatism.
- achromatophil — Also, achromatophilic [ey-kruh-mat-uh-fil-ik, ak-ruh-, ey-kroh-muh-tuh-] /ˌeɪ krəˌmæt əˈfɪl ɪk, ˌæk rə-, eɪˌkroʊ mə tə-/ (Show IPA). having little or no affinity for stains.
- achromatopsia — a visual disorder defined by deficient or absent function in the retinal cones, resulting in colour blindness and in decreased vision in bright lights
- achromobacter — any of several rod-shaped bacteria of the genus Achromobacter, found in soil and water.
- allochromatic — Physical Chemistry. pertaining to or having photochemical properties resulting from an impurity or from exposure to radiation.
14 letter words containing chr
- achromatically — In an achromatic manner.
- anachronically — something or someone that is not in its correct historical or chronological time, especially a thing or person that belongs to an earlier time: The sword is an anachronism in modern warfare.
- asynchronicity — (uncountable) The state of being asynchronous.
- asynchronistic — Not synchronistic.
- asynchronously — In an asynchronous manner.
15 letter words containing chr
- achromatophilia — the property of having little or no affinity for stains.
- antichristianly — in an Antichristian manner
- brachistochrone — the curve between two points through which a body moves under the force of gravity in a shorter time than for any other curve; the path of quickest descent
- christadelphian — a member of a Christian millenarian sect founded in the US about 1848, holding that only the just will enter eternal life, that the wicked will be annihilated, and that the ignorant, the unconverted, and infants will not be raised from the dead
- christcross-row — the alphabet.
16 letter words containing chr
17 letter words containing chr
- anachronistically — In an anachronistic manner; in the manner of an anachronism.
- chromolithographs — Plural form of chromolithograph.
- chromolithography — the process of making coloured prints by lithography
- chronographically — a timepiece fitted with a recording device, as a stylus and rotating drum, used to mark the exact instant of an occurrence, especially in astronomy.
- desynchronisation — (British spelling) Alternative form of desynchronization.
18 letter words containing chr
- chromolithographer — One engaged in chromolithography.
- chromolithographic — Pertaining to, or made by, chromolithography.
- chronostratigraphy — The branch of geology concerned with establishing the absolute ages of strata.
- dechristianization — The act of dechristianizing; the systematic removal of Christianity or Christian elements.
- dendrochronologist — One who carries out dendrochronology.
19 letter words containing chr
- chromatographically — With regard to, or by by using chromatography.
- chromoblastomycosis — Long-term fungal infection of the skin and subcutaneous tissue.
- dendrochronological — Pertaining to dendrochronology.
- glottochronological — Of or pertaining to glottochronology.
- postsynchronization — the process of adding sound, such as dubbing, to a film or video after shooting or videotaping is completed
20 letter words containing chr
- post-synchronization — the recording of dialogue and sound effects in synchronization with the picture after the film has been shot.
21 letter words containing chr
On this page, we collect all words with CHR. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 878 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains CHR that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.