Words containing chou
5 letter words containing chou
6 letter words containing chou
- cachou — a lozenge eaten to sweeten the breath
- chough — a large black passerine bird, Pyrrhocorax pyrrhocorax, of parts of Europe, Asia, and Africa, with a long downward-curving red bill: family Corvidae (crows)
- chouse — a person who deceives, defrauds, or tricks
- choush — a Turkish envoy or attendant
- luchou — a city in S Sichuan province, in central China, on the Chang Jiang.
7 letter words containing chou
8 letter words containing chou
- chouette — a variation of a two-handed game, as backgammon, allowing the participation of three or more persons, in which one player accepts the bets of all the others on the outcome of a game between that player and one other active player, who is permitted to receive advice from the nonplayers.
- choultry — Alternative form of choltry.
- chousing — Present participle of chouse.
- pachouli — a plant, Pogostemon cablin, of tropical Asia, that yields a fragrant oil (patchouli oil) used in the manufacture of perfumes.
- pitchout — Baseball. a ball purposely thrown by a pitcher too far outside of the plate for the batter to hit, especially in anticipation of an attempted steal by a base runner.
9 letter words containing chou
- -stichous — having a certain number of rows
- astichous — having a structure or layout that is not in rows
- changchou — Changzhou
- chiaochou — a former German-leased territory (1898–1914) on the Shandong peninsula, in E China, around Jiaozhou Bay. 200 sq. mi. (518 sq. km). Chief city, Tsingtao.
- kuangchou — Wade-Giles. Canton.
10 letter words containing chou
- caoutchouc — rubber; esp. India rubber, or crude, natural rubber, obtained from latex
- chiungchou — Qiongzhou.
- choucroute — a dish, resembling sauerkraut, that consists of cabbage that has been preserved by soaking in pickle
- distichous — Botany. arranged alternately in two vertical rows on opposite sides of an axis, as leaves.
- isopachous — having the same thickness.
11 letter words containing chou
12 letter words containing chou
- cymotrichous — having wavy hair
- leiotrichous — Having smooth hair.
- monostichous — (of parts) forming one row
- monotrichous — (of bacteria) having a single flagellum at one pole.
- octastichous — relating to a particular coiled distribution of leaves on the stem that is characterized by having eight leaves per coil on the stem
13 letter words containing chou
- amphitrichous — having a single flagellum at each end.
- lissotrichous — having straight hair.
- lophotrichous — (biology, of bacteria) Having multiple flagella located at the same point, so that they can act in concert to drive the bacterium in a single direction.
- pentastichous — (of plant leaves) arranged in five vertical rows
- tetrastichous — arranged in a spike of four vertical rows, as flowers.
14 letter words containing chou
- peritrichously — in a peritrichous manner; in a fashion characteristic of a peritrichous organism
15 letter words containing chou
- odontorhynchous — (of birds) having toothlike ridges inside the beak
On this page, we collect all words with CHOU. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 64 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains CHOU that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.