Words containing chol
5 letter words containing chol
6 letter words containing chol
7 letter words containing chol
- acholia — a condition involving partial or complete lack of bile secretion
- acholic — lack of a secretion of bile.
- cholate — a cholic acid salt
- cholent — a meal usually consisting of a stew of meat, potatoes, and pulses prepared before the Sabbath on Friday and left to cook until eaten for Sabbath lunch
- cholera — Cholera is a serious disease that often kills people. It is caused by drinking infected water or by eating infected food.
8 letter words containing chol
- catechol — a colourless crystalline phenol found in resins and lignins; 1,2-dihydroxybenzene. It is used as a photographic developer. Formula: C6H4(OH)2
- choleric — A choleric person gets angry very easily. You can also use choleric to describe a person who is very angry.
- choliamb — an imperfect iambic metre, with a spondee as the last foot
- cholinic — Relating to, or obtained from, bile; cholic.
- chollers — the jowls or cheeks
9 letter words containing chol
- acholuria — the absence of bile pigments in the urine.
- allicholy — a feeling of sadness and despondency
- archology — the study of the origins of things
- cacholong — a type of opal, commonly of a milky colour
- carbachol — a cholinergic agent, C6H15ClN2O2, used for various ophthalmic purposes, such as the treating of glaucoma
10 letter words containing chol
- allycholly — melancholy
- cholagogue — a drug or other substance that promotes the flow of bile from the gall bladder into the duodenum
- cholecysts — Plural form of cholecyst.
- choliambic — relating to or in the form of choliambs
- choliambus — a line of iambic meter with a spondee or trochee replacing the last foot.
11 letter words containing chol
- bethanechol — a substance, C 7 H 17 ClN 2 O 2 , used to treat urinary retention, especially postoperatively.
- cholangitis — (medicine) An inflammation of the bile duct.
- cholecystic — gallbladder.
- choledochal — Related to the bile duct.
- cholestasis — the medical condition characterized by the inability of bile to pass normally out of the liver due to blockage or impairment
12 letter words containing chol
13 letter words containing chol
- acetylcholine — a chemical substance secreted at the ends of many nerve fibres, esp in the autonomic nervous system, and responsible for the transmission of nervous impulses. Formula: CH3CO2(CH2)2N(CH3)3+
- biopsychology — a field of psychology that deals with the effects of biological factors on behavior.
- catecholamine — any of a group of hormones that are catechol derivatives, esp adrenaline and noradrenaline
- cholangiogram — an X-ray of the bile duct performed after administering dye into the ducts that shows up on the X-ray
- cholecystitis — inflammation of the gall bladder, due to bacterial infection or the presence of gallstones
14 letter words containing chol
- cholecystogram — the production of x-ray photographs of the gallbladder following administration of a radiopaque substance that is secreted by the liver into the gallbladder.
- cholecystotomy — the surgical procedure of cutting into the gall bladder in order to extract gallstones
- choledochotomy — incision of the common bile duct.
- cholelithiases — the presence of gallstones.
- cholelithiasis — the occurrence or development of gallstones in the gall bladder
15 letter words containing chol
- anticholesterol — an agent which acts against cholesterol, either as an antibody produced naturally by many mammals or in the form of a drug
- anticholinergic — blocking nerve impulses through the parasympathetic nerves
- biopsychologist — a field of psychology that deals with the effects of biological factors on behavior.
- cholangiectasis — Dilation of the bile ducts.
- cholangiography — radiographic examination of the bile ducts after the introduction into them of a contrast medium
16 letter words containing chol
17 letter words containing chol
- cholecystectomies — Plural form of cholecystectomy.
- hypocholesteremia — an abnormally low amount of cholesterol in the blood.
- neo-scholasticism — a contemporary application of Scholasticism to modern problems and life.
- neuropsychologist — A neurologist or psychologist whose speciality is neuropsychology.
- psycholinguistics — the study of the relationship between language and the cognitive or behavioral characteristics of those who use it.
18 letter words containing chol
- anti-scholasticism — narrow adherence to traditional teachings, doctrines, or methods.
- anticholinesterase — any of a group of substances that inhibit the action of cholinesterase
- cholangiocarcinoma — (pathology) Cancer of the bile duct.
- ethnopsychological — Relating to ethnopsychology.
- hypercholesteremia — Alternative spelling of hypercholesteraemia.
19 letter words containing chol
- anticholinesterases — Plural form of anticholinesterase.
- cholecystolithiasis — The presence of a gallstone specifically in the gall bladder.
- choledocholithiasis — The presence of gallstones in the common bile duct.
- choledocholithotomy — The removal of the gallstone from the bile duct in a case of choledocholithiasis.
- hypercholesteraemia — (medicine) An abnormally high level of cholesterol in the blood.
20 letter words containing chol
- acetylcholinesterase — an enzyme in nerve cells that is responsible for the destruction of acetylcholine and thus for switching off excitation of the nerve
- hypercholesterolemia — the presence of an excessive amount of cholesterol in the blood.
- hypercholesterolemic — (pathology) Of, pertaining to, or having hypercholesterolemia.
- neuropsychologically — In terms of or by means of neuropsychology.
- pseudo-psychological — of or relating to psychology.
21 letter words containing chol
On this page, we collect all words with CHOL. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 275 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains CHOL that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.