Words containing ch
2 letter words containing ch
- ch — (language) An interpreted programming language sold by Soft Integration and marketed for scripting, shell programming and graph plotting, it is a superset of C++. Ch is also the name of Soft Integration's interpreter for the language. Currently the Ch interpreter is available for Windows, Solaris, HP-UX, Linux and Mac platforms.
3 letter words containing ch
4 letter words containing ch
- ache — If you ache or a part of your body aches, you feel a steady, fairly strong pain.
- achy — If you feel achy, your body hurts.
- arch — An arch is a structure that is curved at the top and is supported on either side by a pillar, post, or wall.
- asch — Sholem (ˈʃəʊləm). 1880–1957, US writer, born in Poland, who wrote in Yiddish. His works include biblical novels
- bach — a term of friendly address: used esp after a person's name
5 letter words containing ch
6 letter words containing ch
- aachen — a city and spa in W Germany, in North Rhine-Westphalia: the northern capital of Charlemagne's empire. Pop: 256 605 (2003 est)
- achaea — a department of Greece, in the N Peloponnese. Capital: Patras. Pop: 318 928 (2001). Area: 3209 sq km (1239 sq miles)
- achebe — Chinua. 1930–2013, Nigerian novelist. His works include Things Fall Apart (1958), A Man of the People (1966), and Anthills of the Savannah (1987)
- achene — a dry one-seeded indehiscent fruit with the seed distinct from the fruit wall. It may be smooth, as in the buttercup, or feathery, as in clematis
- achill — an island off the coast of NW Ireland. 14 miles (23 km) long; 11 miles (18 km) wide.
7 letter words containing ch
- abroach — (of a cask, barrel, etc) tapped; broached
- achaean — a member of a principal Greek tribe in the Mycenaean era
- acharya — a prominent religious teacher and spiritual guide
- achates — Aeneas' faithful companion in Virgil's Aeneid
- acheron — one of the rivers in Hades over which the souls of the dead were ferried by Charon
8 letter words containing ch
- abrachia — the congenital condition of having no arms
- accroach — to assume to oneself without right or authority; usurp.
- ach-laut — the voiceless velar fricative sound that is written as ch in Scottish loch or in German ach, often allophonic with the ich-laut
- ach-y-fi — an expression of disgust or abhorrence
- achelous — a river god who changed into a snake and a bull while fighting Hercules but was defeated when Hercules broke off one of his horns
9 letter words containing ch
- abimelech — a king of Gerar, who made a peace agreement with Abraham. Gen. 20, 21.
- achalasia — failure of the cardiac sphincter of the oesophagus to relax, resulting in difficulty in swallowing
- acheilary — having no labellum or lip, or one that is undeveloped, as in the flower of certain orchids.
- acheulean — designating or of a Lower Paleolithic culture characterized by skillfully made bifacial flint hand axes
- acheulian — (in Europe) the period in the Lower Palaeolithic following the Abbevillian, represented by the use of soft hammerstones in hand axe production made of chipped stone, bone, antler, or wood. The Acheulian dates from the Riss glaciation
10 letter words containing ch
- accoucheur — a male obstetrician or midwife
- achaemenes — flourished 7th century b.c, Persian king: traditional founder of the Achaemenid dynasty.
- achaemenid — any member of a Persian dynasty of kings, including Cyrus the Great, that ruled from about 550 to 331 bc, when Darius III was overthrown by Alexander the Great
- achievable — If you say that something you are trying to do is achievable, you mean that it is possible for you to succeed in doing it.
- achimelech — Ahimelech.
11 letter words containing ch
- abranchiate — having no gills
- accoucheuse — a female obstetrician or midwife
- achaemenian — of or relating to the Achaemenids or their language, as recorded in cuneiform inscriptions.
- achievement — An achievement is something which someone has succeeded in doing, especially after a lot of effort.
- achlamydate — not chlamydate; having neither mantle nor pallium.
12 letter words containing ch
- accouchement — childbirth or the period of confinement
- achlamydeous — (of flowers such as the willow) having neither petals nor sepals
- achlorhydria — the absence of free hydrochloric acid in the gastric juice
- achluophobia — The fear of darkness.
- adrenochrome — a chemical pigment produced by the oxidation of adrenaline
13 letter words containing ch
- acetylcholine — a chemical substance secreted at the ends of many nerve fibres, esp in the autonomic nervous system, and responsible for the transmission of nervous impulses. Formula: CH3CO2(CH2)2N(CH3)3+
- achromaticity — achromatism.
- achromatophil — Also, achromatophilic [ey-kruh-mat-uh-fil-ik, ak-ruh-, ey-kroh-muh-tuh-] /ˌeɪ krəˌmæt əˈfɪl ɪk, ˌæk rə-, eɪˌkroʊ mə tə-/ (Show IPA). having little or no affinity for stains.
- achromatopsia — a visual disorder defined by deficient or absent function in the retinal cones, resulting in colour blindness and in decreased vision in bright lights
- achromobacter — any of several rod-shaped bacteria of the genus Achromobacter, found in soil and water.
14 letter words containing ch
- achondroplasia — a skeletal disorder, characterized by failure of normal conversion of cartilage into bone, that begins during fetal life and results in dwarfism
- agrotechnician — a specialist in the science and technology of agriculture, farm production, or the like.
- agrotechnology — the technology of agriculture, as the methods or machinery needed for efficient production.
- anachronically — something or someone that is not in its correct historical or chronological time, especially a thing or person that belongs to an earlier time: The sword is an anachronism in modern warfare.
- antimonarchist — opposed to a monarchy
15 letter words containing ch
- achlorophyllous — containing no chlorophyll.
- achromatophilia — the property of having little or no affinity for stains.
- actinochemistry — the branch of chemistry dealing with actinism; photochemistry.
- aix-la-chapelle — Aachen
- anti-patriarchy — a form of social organization in which the father is the supreme authority in the family, clan, or tribe and descent is reckoned in the male line, with the children belonging to the father's clan or tribe.
16 letter words containing ch
- adiadochokinesia — the inability to perform rapidly alternating muscular movements, as flexion and extension.
- adiadochokinesis — the inability to perform rapidly alternating muscular movements, as flexion and extension.
- adjustable-pitch — (of a marine or aircraft propeller) having blades whose pitch can be changed while the propeller is stationary, chiefly to suit various conditions of navigation or flight.
- anti-monarchical — of, like, or pertaining to a monarch or monarchy.
- anti-patriarchal — of or relating to a patriarch, the male head of a family, tribe, community, church, order, etc.: my father's conservative, patriarchal ways.
17 letter words containing ch
- anti-hierarchical — of, belonging to, or characteristic of a hierarchy.
- archconfraternity — a confraternity having the right to associate itself with confraternities that are similar to it, and to impart to them its privileges and indulgences.
- aristolochiaceous — belonging to the Aristolochiaceae, the birthwort family of plants.
- ashby-de-la-zouch — a town in central England, in Leicestershire: Mary, Queen of Scots, was imprisoned (1569) in the castle. Pop: 11 409 (2001)
- bachelor's-button — any of various plants with round flower heads, especially the cornflower.
18 letter words containing ch
- anti-scholasticism — (sometimes initial capital letter) the system of theological and philosophical teaching predominant in the Middle Ages, based chiefly upon the authority of the church fathers and of Aristotle and his commentators.
- anticholinesterase — any of a group of substances that inhibit the action of cholinesterase
- arachibutyrophobia — Fear of peanut butter sticking to the roof of one's mouth.
- bachelor's-buttons — any of various plants of the daisy family with button-like flower heads
- bromochloromethane — chlorobromomethane.
19 letter words containing ch
20 letter words containing ch
- acetylcholinesterase — an enzyme in nerve cells that is responsible for the destruction of acetylcholine and thus for switching off excitation of the nerve
21 letter words containing ch
- aleksandr-nikolaevich — Alexander (Aleksandr Nikolaevich) 1899–1977, Russian pianist and composer, in the U.S.
On this page, we collect all words with CH. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 17592 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains CH that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.