Words containing bur
3 letter words containing bur
- bur — a seed vessel or flower head, as of burdock, having hooks or prickles
4 letter words containing bur
5 letter words containing bur
- -burg — burg or borough
- abura — A medium-sized tropical African tree, Mitragyne macrophylla, from the family Loganiaceae.R:MW3 1976 page=8(First attested in the mid 20th century.)0.
- aburn — Burning.
- abury — Avebury (def 2).
- babur — (born Zahir ud-Din Mohammed) 1483-1530; founder & 1st emperor (1526-30) of the Mogul dynasty of India
6 letter words containing bur
7 letter words containing bur
- -burger — sandwich of a patty of ground meat, fish, etc.
- astbury — John. 1688–1743, English potter; earliest of the great Staffordshire potters
- avebury — a village in Wiltshire, site of an extensive Neolithic stone circle
- banbury — a town in central England, in N Oxfordshire: telecommunications, financial services. Pop: 43 867 (2001)
- bunbury — to create a fictitious scenario that provides an excuse for avoiding unwanted engagements
8 letter words containing bur
- airburst — the explosion of a bomb, shell, etc, in the air
- alburnum — sapwood
- amesbury — a town in NE Massachusetts.
- aramburu — Pedro Eugenio [pe-th raw e-oo-he-nyaw] /ˈpɛ ðrɔ ˌɛ uˈhɛ nyɔ/ (Show IPA), 1903–70, president of Argentina 1955–58.
- augsburg — a city in S Germany, in Bavaria: founded by the Romans in 14 bc; site of the diet that produced the Peace of Augsburg (1555), which ended the struggles between Lutherans and Catholics in the Holy Roman Empire and established the principle that each ruler should determine the form of worship in his lands. Pop: 259 217 (2003 est)
9 letter words containing bur
- airbursts — Plural form of airburst.
- alburnous — relating to alburnum
- aldeburgh — a small resort in SE England, in Suffolk: site of an annual music festival established in 1948 by Benjamin Britten. Pop: 2654 (2001)
- ashburton — 1st Baron, Baring, Alexander.
- aylesbury — a town in SE central England, administrative centre of Buckinghamshire. Pop: 69 021 (2001)
10 letter words containing bur
- backburned — Simple past tense and past participle of backburn.
- backburner — a condition of low priority or temporary deferment (usually used in the phrase on the back burner): Put other issues on the back burner until after the election.
- barnburner — something, esp. a closely contested sports event, that is very exciting, intense, dramatic, etc.
- baseburner — a stove into which coal is automatically fed from a hopper above the fire chamber
- battenburg — an oblong sponge cake divided longitudinally into four square sections, two coloured pink and two yellow, with an outer coating of marzipan
11 letter words containing bur
- afterburner — a device in the exhaust system of an internal-combustion engine for removing or rendering harmless potentially dangerous components in the exhaust gases
- antiburglar — intended to prevent burglary
- back-burner — a condition of low priority or temporary deferment (usually used in the phrase on the back burner): Put other issues on the back burner until after the election.
- baconburger — a hamburger topped with strips of cooked bacon.
- bannockburn — a village in central Scotland, south of Stirling: nearby is the site of a victory (1314) of the Scots, led by Robert the Bruce, over the English. Pop: 7396 (2001)
12 letter words containing bur
- afterburners — Plural form of afterburner.
- afterburning — a process in which additional fuel is ignited in the exhaust gases of a jet engine to produce additional thrust
- antiburglary — intended to prevent burglary
- bureaucratic — Bureaucratic means involving complicated rules and procedures which can cause long delays.
- burglarproof — safeguarded or secure against burglary.
13 letter words containing bur
- anti-burglary — the felony of breaking into and entering the house of another at night with intent to steal, extended by statute to cover the breaking into and entering of any of various buildings, by night or day.
- aschaffenburg — a city in Germany, on the River Main in Bavaria: seat of the Imperial Diet (1447); ceded to Bavaria in 1814. Pop: 68 607 (2003 est)
- bureaucratese — wordy, jargon-filled, overcomplicated language considered typical of bureaucrats
- bureaucratism — an official of a bureaucracy.
- bureaucratist — a believer in bureaucracy
14 letter words containing bur
- albury-wodonga — a town in SE Australia, in S central New South Wales, on the Murray River: commercial centre of an agricultural region. Pop: 69 880 (2001)
- burschenschaft — a students' fraternity, originally one concerned with Christian ideals, patriotism, etc
- charlottenburg — a district of Berlin (of West Berlin until 1990), formerly an independent city. Pop: 315 473 (2005 est)
- christiansburg — a town in SW Virginia.
- fredericksburg — a city in NE Virginia, on the Rappahannock River: scene of a Confederate victory 1862.
15 letter words containing bur
- antibureaucracy — Opposed to bureaucracy.
- charcoal-burner — a device that burns charcoal, as a stove or brazier.
- compton-burnett — Dame Ivy. 1884–1969, English novelist. Her novels include Men and Wives (1931) and Mother and Son (1955)
- debureaucratize — to divide an administrative agency or office into bureaus.
- decarburization — The act, process, or result of decarburizing.
16 letter words containing bur
- antibureaucratic — Lb politics Opposed to bureaucracy.
- bureaucratically — of, relating to, or characteristic of a bureaucrat or a bureaucracy; arbitrary and routine.
- non-bureaucratic — of, relating to, or characteristic of a bureaucrat or a bureaucracy; arbitrary and routine.
- pietermaritzburg — a province in the E part of the Republic of South Africa. 35,284 sq. mi. (91,886 sq. km). Capital: Pietermaritzburg.
- schaumburg-lippe — a former state in NW Germany.
17 letter words containing bur
- anti-bureaucratic — of, relating to, or characteristic of a bureaucrat or a bureaucracy; arbitrary and routine.
- bureaucratization — to divide an administrative agency or office into bureaus.
- burton-upon-trent — a town in W central England, in E Staffordshire: famous for brewing. Pop: 43 784 (2001)
- non-reimbursement — to make repayment to for expense or loss incurred: The insurance company reimbursed him for his losses in the fire.
- saxe-coburg-gotha — a member of the present British royal family, from the establishment of the house in 1901 until 1917 when the family name was changed to Windsor.
20 letter words containing bur
- balled-and-burlapped — of or relating to a tree, shrub, or other plant prepared for transplanting by allowing the roots to remain covered by a ball of soil around which canvas or burlap is tied.
- mecklenburg-schwerin — a former state in NE Germany, formed in 1934 from two states (Mecklenburg-Schwerin and Mecklenburg-Strelitz)
- mecklenburg-strelitz — a former state in NE Germany, formed in 1934 from two states (Mecklenburg-Schwerin and Mecklenburg-Strelitz)
21 letter words containing bur
- roodepoort-maraisburg — a city in S Transvaal, in the NE Republic of South Africa.
22 letter words containing bur
- mecklenburg-vorpommern — German name of Mecklenburg–Western Pomerania.
On this page, we collect all words with BUR. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 907 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains BUR that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.