Words containing bel
3 letter words containing bel
- bel — a unit for comparing two power levels, equal to the logarithm to the base ten of the ratio of the two powers
4 letter words containing bel
- abel — the second son of Adam and Eve, a shepherd, murdered by his brother Cain (Genesis 4:1–8)
- bela — a male given name.
- beld — bald; hairless.
- bell — A bell is a device that makes a ringing sound and is used to give a signal or to attract people's attention.
- belo — Carlos Felipe Ximenes, born 1948, East Timorese Roman Catholic bishop: Nobel Peace Prize 1996.
5 letter words containing bel
- abele — white poplar (sense 1)
- babel — If there is a babel of voices, you hear a lot of people talking at the same time, so that you cannot understand what they are saying.
- bebel — August (ˈauɡʊst). 1840–1913, German socialist leader: one of the founders of the Social Democratic Party (1869)
- belah — an Australian casuarina tree, Casuarina cristata, yielding a useful timber
- belau — Palau
6 letter words containing bel
- abeles — Plural form of abele.
- abelia — an ornamental garden shrub with pink or white flowers
- arabel — a female given name.
- arbela — an ancient city in Assyria, near which the Battle of Arbela took place (331 bc), in which Alexander the Great defeated the Persians
- barbel — any of several slender tactile spines or bristles that hang from the jaws of certain fishes, such as the catfish and carp
7 letter words containing bel
- abelard — Peter. French name Pierre Abélard. 1079–1142, French scholastic philosopher and theologian whose works include Historia Calamitatum and Sic et Non (1121). His love for Héloïse is recorded in their correspondence
- abelian — of or relating to an Abelian group
- abelias — Plural form of abelia.
- abelson — Philip. 1913–2004, US physical chemist. He created (with Edwin McMillan) the first transuranic element, neptunium (1940)
- annabel — a feminine name
8 letter words containing bel
- -bellied — -bellied can be added to an adjective to describe someone or something that has a stomach of a particular kind.
- abelmosk — a tropical bushy malvaceous plant, Hibiscus abelmoschus, cultivated for its yellow-and-crimson flowers and for its musk-scented seeds, which yield an oil used in perfumery
- abelungu — (South Africa, now chiefly pejorative) White people collectively.
- amabelle — a female given name.
- arabella — a feminine name: dim. Bella
9 letter words containing bel
10 letter words containing bel
- antebellum — of or during the period before a war, esp the American Civil War
- babelesque — resembling the situation at Babel, confused, impeding communication
- barbellate — (of plants or plant organs) covered with barbs, hooks, or bristles
- bel-esprit — a person of great wit or intellect.
- beliefless — having no faith or belief
11 letter words containing bel
- babelicious — (of a woman) sexually very attractive.
- belarussian — of, relating to, or characteristic of Belarus, its people, or their language
- belatedness — coming or being after the customary, useful, or expected time: belated birthday greetings.
- beleaguered — A beleaguered person, organization, or project is experiencing a lot of difficulties, opposition, or criticism.
- believingly — with belief; in a believing manner
12 letter words containing bel
- abel-meholah — a city in ancient Palestine, east of the Jordan River: the home of Elisha. Judges 7:22; I Kings 4:12; 19:16.
- beleaguering — to surround with military forces.
- belittlement — to regard or portray as less impressive or important than appearances indicate; depreciate; disparage.
- bell-bottoms — Bell-bottoms are trousers that are very wide at the bottom of the leg, near your feet.
- belligerence — the act or quality of being belligerent or warlike; aggressiveness
13 letter words containing bel
- beleaguerment — a blockade or siege
- believability — to have confidence in the truth, the existence, or the reliability of something, although without absolute proof that one is right in doing so: Only if one believes in something can one act purposefully.
- bellefontaine — a city in W Ohio.
- belligerently — aggressively
- belly-flopper — an awkward, usually unintentional dive in which the front of the body strikes the water horizontally, the abdomen or chest bearing the brunt of the impact.
14 letter words containing bel
- belgian-endive — endive (def 2).
- belles-lettres — literary works, esp essays and poetry, valued for their aesthetic rather than their informative or moral content
- belletristical — relating to the fine arts
- bellingshausen — Fabian Gottlieb von [fey-bee-uh n-got-leeb von] /ˈfeɪ bi ənˈgɒt lib vɒn/ (Show IPA), (Faddey Faddeyevich Bellingshauzen) 1778–1852, Russian naval officer and explorer.
- below-the-belt — Something that is below the belt is cruel and unfair.
15 letter words containing bel
- belt-and-braces — providing double security, in case one security measure should fail
- belt-tightening — If you need to do some belt-tightening, you must spend less money and manage without things because you have less money than you used to have.
- nonbelligerency — the state or status of not participating in a war.
16 letter words containing bel
- cerebellopontine — (anatomy) Relating to the cerebellum and pons.
18 letter words containing bel
- bats-in-the-belfry — a hairy Eurasian campanulaceous plant, Campanula trachelium, with bell-shaped blue-purple flowers
- campbell-bannerman — Sir Henry. 1836–1908, British statesman and leader of the Liberal Party (1899–1908); prime minister (1905–08), who granted self-government to the Transvaal and the Orange River Colony
20 letter words containing bel
21 letter words containing bel
- the-ring-the-nibelung — Richard Wagner's tetralogy of music dramas: Das Rheingold (completed 1869), Die Walküre (completed 1870), Siegfried (completed 1876), and Götterdämmerung (completed 1876): the cycle was first performed at Bayreuth, 1876.
On this page, we collect all words with BEL. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 982 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains BEL that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.