Words containing be
2 letter words containing be
- be — You use be with a present participle to form the continuous tenses of verbs.
3 letter words containing be
- abe — Abraham ("Abe") 1860–1951, U.S. novelist and journalist, born in Russia.
- be- — Be- can be added to a noun followed by an '-ed' suffix to form an adjective that indicates that a person is covered with or wearing the thing named.
- bea — British European Airways
- bed — A BEd is a degree which usually takes four years to complete and which qualifies someone to teach in a school. BEd is an abbreviation for 'Bachelor of Education.' Compare PGCE.
- bee — A bee is an insect with a yellow-and-black striped body that makes a buzzing noise as it flies. Bees make honey, and can sting.
4 letter words containing be
- abbe — Ernst. 1840–1905, German physicist, noted for his work in optics and the microscope condenser known as the Abbe condenser
- abed — in bed; on a bed
- abel — the second son of Adam and Eve, a shepherd, murdered by his brother Cain (Genesis 4:1–8)
- abet — If one person abets another, they help or encourage them to do something criminal or wrong. Abet is often used in the legal expression 'aid and abet'.
- aube — a department of N central France, in Champagne-Ardenne region. Capital: Troyes. Pop: 293 925 (2003 est). Area: 6026 sq km (2350 sq miles)
5 letter words containing be
- abbed — displaying well-developed abdominal muscles
- abbes — a member of the secular clergy.
- abbey — An abbey is a church with buildings attached to it in which monks or nuns live or used to live.
- abeam — at right angles to the length and directly opposite the centre of a vessel or aircraft
- abele — white poplar (sense 1)
6 letter words containing be
- abbess — An abbess is the nun who is in charge of the other nuns in a convent.
- abelia — an ornamental garden shrub with pink or white flowers
- achebe — Chinua. 1930–2013, Nigerian novelist. His works include Things Fall Apart (1958), A Man of the People (1966), and Anthills of the Savannah (1987)
- aerobe — an organism that requires oxygen for respiration
- aktobe — an industrial city in W Kazakhstan. Pop: 291 000 (2005 est)
7 letter words containing be
- abelard — Peter. French name Pierre Abélard. 1079–1142, French scholastic philosopher and theologian whose works include Historia Calamitatum and Sic et Non (1121). His love for Héloïse is recorded in their correspondence
- abelian — of or relating to an Abelian group
- abelson — Philip. 1913–2004, US physical chemist. He created (with Edwin McMillan) the first transuranic element, neptunium (1940)
- abenaki — a member of a group of E Algonquian peoples living mainly in Maine and S Quebec
- aberfan — a former coal-mining village in S Wales, in Merthyr Tydfil county borough: scene of a disaster in 1966 when a slag heap collapsed onto part of the village killing 144 people (including 116 children)
8 letter words containing be
- abednego — one of Daniel's three companions who, together with Shadrach and Meshach, was miraculously saved from destruction in Nebuchadnezzar's fiery furnace (Daniel 3:12–30)
- abegging — in the act of begging
- abelmosk — a tropical bushy malvaceous plant, Hibiscus abelmoschus, cultivated for its yellow-and-crimson flowers and for its musk-scented seeds, which yield an oil used in perfumery
- abeokuta — a town in W Nigeria, capital of Ogun state. Pop: 487 000 (2005 est)
- aberdare — a town in South Wales, in Rhondda Cynon Taff county borough. Pop: 31 705 (2001)
9 letter words containing be
10 letter words containing be
- aberdevine — a former name for the siskin, when kept as a cagebird
- aberdonian — a native or inhabitant of Aberdeen
- aberrantly — in an aberrant manner
- aberration — An aberration is an incident or way of behaving that is not typical.
- absorbedly — deeply interested or involved; preoccupied: He had an absorbed look on his face.
11 letter words containing be
- abbevillian — the period represented by Lower Palaeolithic European sites containing the earliest hand axes, dating from the Mindel glaciation
- abecedarian — a person who is learning the alphabet or the rudiments of a subject
- abecedarium — a primer, especially for teaching the alphabet.
- abercrombie — Sir (Leslie) Patrick. 1879–1957, British town planner and architect, best known for The County of London Plan (1943) and The Greater London Plan (1944)
- aberrancies — departing from the right, normal, or usual course.
12 letter words containing be
- a-number-one — noting a vessel regarded by a shipping-classification society as being equipped to the highest standard and with equipment maintained in first-class condition.
- abel-meholah — a city in ancient Palestine, east of the Jordan River: the home of Elisha. Judges 7:22; I Kings 4:12; 19:16.
- aberrational — characterized by aberration
- alphabetical — Alphabetical means arranged according to the normal order of the letters in the alphabet.
- alphabetizer — to put or arrange in alphabetical order.
13 letter words containing be
- aaron's-beard — rose of Sharon (def 2).
- aberdeenshire — a council area and historical county of N Scotland, on the North Sea: became part of Grampian Region in 1975 but reinstated as an independent unitary authority (with adjusted borders) in 1996: rises to the Grampian and Cairngorm Mountains in the SW: chiefly agricultural (esp sheep and stock raising). Administrative centre: Aberdeen. Pop: 229 330 (2003 est). Area 6319 sq km (2439 sq miles)
- acetylbenzene — acetophenone.
- armour-bearer — a retainer who carried the arms or armour of a warrior
- aubervilliers — an industrial suburb of Paris, on the Seine. Pop: 63 136 (1999)
14 letter words containing be
- absorbefacient — a medicine or other agent that promotes absorption
- afro-caribbean — Afro-Caribbean refers to people from the Caribbean whose ancestors came from Africa.
- anti-incumbent — holding an indicated position, role, office, etc., currently: the incumbent officers of the club.
- ban-the-bomber — a person who vigorously advocates banning the development or use of nuclear weapons.
- barber-surgeon — (formerly) a barber practicing surgery and dentistry.
15 letter words containing be
- anti-liberalism — the quality or state of being liberal, as in behavior or attitude.
- barrancabermeja — a city in N Colombia.
- belt-and-braces — providing double security, in case one security measure should fail
- belt-tightening — If you need to do some belt-tightening, you must spend less money and manage without things because you have less money than you used to have.
16 letter words containing be
- babe-in-a-cradle — a tall orchid, Epiblema grandiflorum, of SW Australia with lilac to mauve flowers
17 letter words containing be
- baden-wurttemberg — a state of SW Germany. Capital: Stuttgart. Pop: 53 938 (2003 est). Area: 35 742 sq km (13 800 sq miles)
- bed-and-breakfast — an accommodation offered by an inn, hotel, or especially a private home, consisting of a room for the night and breakfast the next morning for one inclusive price.
- behind-the-scenes — If something is done behind the scenes, it is done secretly rather than publicly.
18 letter words containing be
19 letter words containing be
- beggar-my-neighbour — a card game in which one player tries to win all the cards of the other player
20 letter words containing be
- abetalipoproteinemia — a rare inherited disorder of fat metabolism due to an inability to synthesize certain apolipoproteins necessary for the transport of triglycerides, leading to diarrhea, steatorrhea, and failure to thrive.
- beggar-your-neighbor — a children's card game for two, played with 52 cards, that is won when a player captures all of the cards.
- belgorod-dnestrovski — a port in SW Ukraine, on the Dniester estuary: belonged to Romania from 1918 until 1940; under Soviet rule (1944–91). Pop: 48 100 (2004 est)
- belgorod-dnestrovsky — a seaport in SW Ukraine, on the Black Sea.
On this page, we collect all words with BE. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 8950 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains BE that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.