Words containing bac
4 letter words containing bac
- abac — (mathematics) A nomogram.
- bace — (rare) A blow; a drubbing.
- bach — a term of friendly address: used esp after a person's name
- back — If you move back, you move in the opposite direction to the one in which you are facing or in which you were moving before.
- bacs — Bankers' Automated Clearing System; a method of making payments direct to a creditor's bank without using a cheque
5 letter words containing bac
- abaca — a Philippine plant, Musa textilis, related to the banana: family Musaceae. Its leafstalks are the source of Manila hemp
- abaci — a device for making arithmetic calculations, consisting of a frame set with rods on which balls or beads are moved.
- aback — towards the back; backwards
- abaco — two islands (Great Abaco and Little Abaco) in the N Bahamas. 776 sq. mi. (2010 sq. km).
- bacau — a city in E Romania on the River Bistrila: oil refining, textiles, paper. Pop: 128 000 (2005 est)
6 letter words containing bac
- abacas — Plural form of abaca.
- abacot — (obsolete) misspelling of bycoket.
- abacus — An abacus is a frame used for counting. It has rods with sliding beads on them.
- abbacy — the office, term of office, or jurisdiction of an abbot or abbess
- babaco — a subtropical parthenocarpic tree, Carica pentagona, originating in South America, cultivated for its fruit: family Caricaceae
7 letter words containing bac
8 letter words containing bac
- abaculus — abaciscus.
- abacuses — Plural form of abacus.
- abbacies — Plural form of abbacy.
- albacete — a city in SE Spain: metal goods manufacturing. Pop: 155 142 (2003 est)
- albacore — a tunny, Thunnus alalunga, occurring mainly in warm regions of the Atlantic and Pacific. It has very long pectoral fins and is a valued food fish
9 letter words containing bac
- abacinate — (transitive, rare) To blind by holding a red-hot metal rod or plate before the eyes.
- abaciscus — Architecture. a small abacus.
- abactinal — (of organisms showing radial symmetry) situated away from or opposite to the mouth; aboral
- babacoote — a species of large lemur, Lichanotus brevicaudatus, native to Madagascar
- bacchanal — a follower of Bacchus
10 letter words containing bac
- abacterial — not caused by or characterized by the presence of bacteria
- aerobacter — any bacteria of a former genus (Aerobacter) normally found in the intestine: now in either of two genera (Enterobacter or Klebsiella)
- ahorseback — on horseback
- answerback — a reply or answering message from a computer or other electronic device, as by means of teletypewriter or simulated voice.
- asarabacca — a perennial evergreen Eurasian plant, Asarum europaeum, having kidney-shaped leaves and a single brownish flower: family Aristolochiaceae
11 letter words containing bac
- abacination — The act of abacinating, of blinding with the light from hot metal.
- acetobacter — any of several ellipsoidal or rodshaped aerobic bacteria of the genus Acetobacter, certain species of which are used in making vinegar.
- answerbacks — Plural form of answerback.
- antitobacco — opposed to or acting against tobacco smoking
- azotobacter — any bacterium of the family Azotobacteriaceae, important in nitrogen fixation in the soil
12 letter words containing bac
- antibacchius — a metrical foot consisting of three syllables, of which the first two are long and the third is short
- antibacklash — relating to the prevention of a violent backward reaction or movement
- antikickback — acting against or opposed to bribery
- arthrobacter — a genus of rod-shaped or spherical bacteria found in the soil.
- ass-backward — the wrong way round; back to front; in the opposite order to what is considered normal
13 letter words containing bac
- achromobacter — any of several rod-shaped bacteria of the genus Achromobacter, found in soil and water.
- acinetobacter — a bacterium that causes infections such as pneumonia, particularly in people who have a compromised immune system
- agrobacterium — A soil bacterium, of the genus Agrobacterium, which can fix nitrogen, and causes the formation of crown galls in plants.
- anti-kickback — a percentage of income given to a person in a position of power or influence as payment for having made the income possible: usually considered improper or unethical.
- antibacterial — effective against bacteria
14 letter words containing bac
- actinobacillus — a bacillus causing disease in animals
- anti-bacterial — destructive to or inhibiting the growth of bacteria.
- archaebacteria — (formerly) a group of microorganisms now regarded as members of the Archaea
- archebacterium — (biology) alternative spelling of archaebacterium.
- baccalaureates — Plural form of baccalaureate.
15 letter words containing bac
- archaebacterium — Any primitive bacteria-like organism in the kingdom Archaea.
- bacchanalianism — the practice of bacchanalian behaviour; drunken revelry
- back-scratching — a reciprocal exchange of favors, aid, or compliments
- bacteriological — Of or relating to bacteriology or bacteria.
- bacteriophagous — Pertaining to the predation and consumption of bacterium.
16 letter words containing bac
- actinobacillosis — a disease of cattle and sheep, caused by infection with an Actinobacillus lignieresii and characterized by soft tissue lesions, esp of the tongue
- bachelor-at-arms — bachelor (def 4).
- back-propagation — (Or "backpropagation") A learning algorithm for modifying a feed-forward neural network which minimises a continuous "error function" or "objective function." Back-propagation is a "gradient descent" method of training in that it uses gradient information to modify the network weights to decrease the value of the error function on subsequent tests of the inputs. Other gradient-based methods from numerical analysis can be used to train networks more efficiently. Back-propagation makes use of a mathematical trick when the network is simulated on a digital computer, yielding in just two traversals of the network (once forward, and once back) both the difference between the desired and actual output, and the derivatives of this difference with respect to the connection weights.
- backward-looking — If you describe someone or something as backward-looking, you disapprove of their attitudes, ideas, or actions because they are based on old-fashioned opinions or methods.
- bacterioplankton — (biology) The bacterial component of marine plankton.
17 letter words containing bac
- antimycobacterial — (medicine) That counteracts the effects of mycobacteria.
- bachelor's-button — any of various plants with round flower heads, especially the cornflower.
- bacteriologically — In a bacteriological manner; with respect to bacteriology.
- bacteriorhodopsin — a purple protein containing retinal and found in the plasma membrane of certain bacteria (genus Halobacterium): it directly supplies electrochemical energy from sunlight
- bergisch-gladbach — an industrial city in W Germany, near Cologne.
18 letter words containing bac
- bachelor's-buttons — any of various plants of the daisy family with button-like flower heads
19 letter words containing bac
20 letter words containing bac
On this page, we collect all words with BAC. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 1420 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains BAC that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.