Words containing ba
2 letter words containing ba
- ba — A BA is a first degree in an arts or social science subject. BA is an abbreviation for 'Bachelor of Arts'.
3 letter words containing ba
- aba — a type of cloth from Syria, made of goat hair or camel hair
- baa — to make the cry of a sheep; bleat
- bab — the Bab title of Mirza Ali Mohammed. 1819–50, Persian religious leader: founded Babism; executed as a heretic of Islam
- bac — baccalaureate
- bad — If you say that it is bad that something happens, you mean it is unacceptable, unfortunate, or wrong.
4 letter words containing ba
- abac — (mathematics) A nomogram.
- abba — Swedish pop group (1972–82): comprised Benny Andersson (born 1946), Agnetha Faltskog (born 1950), Anni-Frid Lyngstad (born 1945), and Bjorn Ulvaeus (born 1945); numerous hit singles included "Waterloo" (1974), "Dancing Queen" (1977), and "The Winner Takes It All" (1980)
- agba — a tropical tree, Gossweilerodendron balsamiferum, of the legume family.
- alba — Duke of Alva
- amba — anba.
5 letter words containing ba
- abaca — a Philippine plant, Musa textilis, related to the banana: family Musaceae. Its leafstalks are the source of Manila hemp
- abaci — a device for making arithmetic calculations, consisting of a frame set with rods on which balls or beads are moved.
- aback — towards the back; backwards
- abaco — two islands (Great Abaco and Little Abaco) in the N Bahamas. 776 sq. mi. (2010 sq. km).
- abaft — closer to the stern than to another place on a vessel
6 letter words containing ba
- abacus — An abacus is a frame used for counting. It has rods with sliding beads on them.
- abadan — a port in SW Iran, on an island in the Shatt-al-Arab delta. Pop: 307 000 (2005 est)
- abakan — a city in S central Russia, capital of the Khakass Republic, at the confluence of the Yenisei and Abakan Rivers. Pop: 167 000 (2005 est)
- abased — (of a charge) lower on an escutcheon than is usual: a bend abased.
- abaser — a person who abases
7 letter words containing ba
- abacist — a person skilled in using an abacus.
- abaddon — the Devil (Revelation 9:11)
- abagtha — one of the seven eunuchs who served in the court of King Ahasuerus. Esther 1:10.
- abalone — Abalone is a shellfish that you can eat and that has a shiny substance called mother-of-pearl inside its shell.
- abandon — If you abandon a place, thing, or person, you leave the place, thing, or person permanently or for a long time, especially when you should not do so.
8 letter words containing ba
- abaculus — abaciscus.
- abailard — Pierre [pyer] /pyɛr/ (Show IPA), Abélard.
- abalones — a large mollusk of the genus Haliotis, having a bowllike shell bearing a row of respiratory holes, the flesh of which is used for food and the shell for ornament and as a source of mother-of-pearl.
- abampere — the cgs unit of current in the electromagnetic system; the constant current that, when flowing through two parallel straight infinitely long conductors 1 centimetre apart, will produce a force between them of 2 dynes per centimetre: equivalent to 10 amperes
- abapical — away from or opposite the apex
9 letter words containing ba
- abaciscus — a tessera.
- abactinal — (of organisms showing radial symmetry) situated away from or opposite to the mouth; aboral
- abandoned — An abandoned place or building is no longer used or occupied.
- abandonee — a person to whom something is formally relinquished, esp an insurer having the right to salvage a wreck
- abandoner — a person or thing that abandons
10 letter words containing ba
- abacterial — not caused by or characterized by the presence of bacteria
- abalienate — (civil law, transitive) To transfer the title of from one to another; to alienate.
- abandoning — to leave completely and finally; forsake utterly; desert: to abandon one's farm; to abandon a child; to abandon a sinking ship.
- abaptiston — Surgery. a cone-shaped trephine designed to avoid penetration of the brain when incising the skull.
- abba-dabba — a person or thing of little importance.
11 letter words containing ba
- abandonedly — in an unrestrained manner
- abandonment — The abandonment of a place, thing, or person is the act of leaving it permanently or for a long time, especially when you should not do so.
- abandonware — computer software which is no longer sold or supported by its publisher
- acetobacter — any of several ellipsoidal or rodshaped aerobic bacteria of the genus Acetobacter, certain species of which are used in making vinegar.
- alabastrine — a finely granular variety of gypsum, often white and translucent, used for ornamental objects or work, such as lamp bases, figurines, etc.
12 letter words containing ba
- abdul-jabbar — Kareem [kuh-reem] /kəˈrim/ (Show IPA), (Ferdinand Lewis Alcindor, Jr) born 1947, U.S. basketball player.
- ambartsumian — Viktor A(mazaspovich). 1908–96, Armenian astrophysicist, renowned for his description of radio sources as explosions in the core of galaxies
- ambassadress — a woman ambassador
- anti-lebanon — a mountain range running north and south between Syria and Lebanon, east of the Lebanon Mountains. Highest peak: Mount Hermon, 2814 m (9232 ft)
- antibacchius — a metrical foot consisting of three syllables, of which the first two are long and the third is short
13 letter words containing ba
- absorbability — to suck up or drink in (a liquid); soak up: A sponge absorbs water.
- achromobacter — any of several rod-shaped bacteria of the genus Achromobacter, found in soil and water.
- acinetobacter — a bacterium that causes infections such as pneumonia, particularly in people who have a compromised immune system
- adiabatically — in an adiabetic manner
- agrobacterium — A soil bacterium, of the genus Agrobacterium, which can fix nitrogen, and causes the formation of crown galls in plants.
14 letter words containing ba
- actinobacillus — a bacillus causing disease in animals
- aeroballistics — the ballistics of projectiles dropped, launched, or fired from aircraft
- ambassadorship — a diplomatic official of the highest rank, sent by one sovereign or state to another as its resident representative (ambassador extraordinary and plenipotentiary)
- anti-bacterial — destructive to or inhibiting the growth of bacteria.
- anti-ballistic — designed to detect, intercept, or destroy ballistic missiles: an antiballistic missile.
15 letter words containing ba
- anti-globalizer — a political activist who challenges the concept of globalization and promotes practices that do not cause environmental damage
- bait-and-switch — denoting a deceptive method of selling, by which customers, attracted to a store by sale items, are told either that the advertised bargain item is out of stock or is inferior to a higher-priced item that is available.
- balanoposthitis — An inflammation of the glans penis and the prepuce.
16 letter words containing ba
- actinobacillosis — a disease of cattle and sheep, caused by infection with an Actinobacillus lignieresii and characterized by soft tissue lesions, esp of the tongue
- babe-in-a-cradle — a tall orchid, Epiblema grandiflorum, of SW Australia with lilac to mauve flowers
- bachelor-at-arms — bachelor (def 4).
- ballast-resistor — Nautical. any heavy material carried temporarily or permanently in a vessel to provide desired draft and stability.
17 letter words containing ba
- assyro-babylonian — of or relating to Assyria and Babylonia.
- bachelor's-button — any of various plants with round flower heads, especially the cornflower.
- bacteriorhodopsin — a purple protein containing retinal and found in the plasma membrane of certain bacteria (genus Halobacterium): it directly supplies electrochemical energy from sunlight
- baden-wurttemberg — a state of SW Germany. Capital: Stuttgart. Pop: 53 938 (2003 est). Area: 35 742 sq km (13 800 sq miles)
- baile-atha-cliath — Gaelic Baile Àtha Cliath. a seaport in and the capital of the Republic of Ireland, in the E part, on the Irish Sea.
18 letter words containing ba
19 letter words containing ba
- ambassador-at-large — an ambassador with special duties who may be sent to more than one government
- angels-on-horseback — a savoury of oysters wrapped in bacon slices and served on toast
- bacteriochlorophyll — a pale blue-gray form of chlorophyll that is unique to the photosynthetic but anaerobic purple bacteria.
- ballistocardiograph — an instrument that records the slight recoil of the body, while on a special bed, caused by the contractions of the heart: used to measure cardiac pumping power and the elasticity of the aorta
20 letter words containing ba
- balled-and-burlapped — of or relating to a tree, shrub, or other plant prepared for transplanting by allowing the roots to remain covered by a ball of soil around which canvas or burlap is tied.
On this page, we collect all words with BA. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 9720 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains BA that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.