Words containing ative
6 letter words containing ative
- -ative — of, relating to, or tending to
- dative — In the grammar of some languages, for example Latin, the dative, or the dative case, is the case used for a noun when it is the indirect object of a verb, or when it comes after some prepositions.
- lative — (grammar) A case of verbs, found in the Uralic and Northern Caucasian languages, used to indicate motion to a location; in the Northern Caucasian languages, the lative also takes up functions of the dative case.
- native — being the place or environment in which a person was born or a thing came into being: one's native land.
- sative — cultivated or sown as opposed to wild
7 letter words containing ative
- amative — of or inclined to love, esp. sexual love
- datives — Plural form of dative.
- elative — (grammar) In Semitic languages, the \u201cadjective of superiority.\u201d In some languages such as Arabic, the concepts of comparative and superlative degree of an adjective are merged into a single form, the 'elative'. How this form is understood or translated depends upon context and definiteness. In the absence of comparison, the elative conveys the notion of \u201cgreatest\u201d, \u201csupreme.\u201d.
- natives — Plural form of native.
- stative — (of a verb) expressing a state or condition, as like, want, or believe, and usually used in simple, not progressive, tenses: I liked them. I want some. I will never believe it.
8 letter words containing ative
- ablative — (in certain inflected languages such as Latin) denoting a case of nouns, pronouns, and adjectives indicating the agent in passive sentences or the instrument, manner, or place of the action described by the verb
- allative — the grammatical case, or a word used in the case, that in certain languages denotes movement towards something
- conative — denoting an aspect of verbs in some languages used to indicate the effort of the agent in performing the activity described by the verb
- creative — A creative person has the ability to invent and develop original ideas, especially in the arts.
- curative — Something that has curative properties can cure people's illnesses.
9 letter words containing ative
- ablatives — Plural form of ablative.
- agitative — tending to stir or agitate
- animative — Tending to animate; causing animation.
- calmative — (of a remedy or agent) sedative
- captative — (linguistics) Describing a verb (in some languages) that has a specific ending or other marker to indicate a hunting or catching function.
10 letter words containing ative
- abdicative — to renounce or relinquish a throne, right, power, claim, responsibility, or the like, especially in a formal manner: The aging founder of the firm decided to abdicate.
- aberrative — Descriptive of an object or measurement that has deviated or been knocked, momentarily and sharply, from the more dominant, normal or expected course or trajectory to which it either has or is expected to return in the longer term.
- ablatively — in a way that relates to the melting or wearing away of an expendable part
- abnegative — (obsolete, rare): Denying; renouncing; negative.
- abrogative — having the property of abrogating
11 letter words containing ative
- accusatives — Plural form of accusative.
- acetylative — introducing an acetyl group into a chemical compound
- adumbrative — foreshadowing; sketchy; faintly indicative.
- adversative — (of a word, phrase, or clause) implying opposition or contrast. But and although are adversative conjunctions introducing adversative clauses
- affiliative — to bring into close association or connection: The research center is affiliated with the university.
12 letter words containing ative
- abirritative — to make less irritable; soothe.
- accelerative — of, causing, or increasing acceleration
- accumulative — If something is accumulative, it becomes greater in amount, number, or intensity over a period of time.
- adaptatively — In an adaptative manner.
- adjudicative — to pronounce or decree by judicial sentence.
13 letter words containing ative
14 letter words containing ative
- accumulatively — tending to accumulate or arising from accumulation; cumulative.
- adaptativeness — Adaptability.
- administrative — Administrative work involves organizing and supervising an organization or institution.
- alliteratively — in an alliterative manner
- anticipatively — In an anticipative manner; expectantly.
15 letter words containing ative
- affirmativeness — The property of being affirmative.
- alternativeness — The state of being alternative or representing alternatives.
- anticommutative — (of a binary operation) having the property that one term operating on a second is equal to the negative of the second operating on the first, as ab = −ba.
- antispeculative — opposed to or acting against speculation
- argumentatively — fond of or given to argument and dispute; disputatious; contentious: The law students were an unusually argumentative group.
16 letter words containing ative
- accumulativeness — The state or qualities of being accumulative.
- administratively — pertaining to administration; executive: administrative ability.
- alliterativeness — The state or quality of being alliterative.
- appreciativeness — The state or quality of being appreciative.
- archconservative — consistently holding extremely conservative views: publisher of the city's archconservative newspaper.
17 letter words containing ative
- accommodativeness — The state or quality of being accommodative.
- anti-conservative — disposed to preserve existing conditions, institutions, etc., or to restore traditional ones, and to limit change.
- antiproliferative — of or relating to a substance used to prevent or retard the spread of cells, especially malignant cells, into surrounding tissues.
- archconservatives — Plural form of archconservative.
- argumentativeness — fond of or given to argument and dispute; disputatious; contentious: The law students were an unusually argumentative group.
18 letter words containing ative
- myeloproliferative — (medicine) of or pertaining to the presence of an abnormal proliferation of myelopoietic cells (from bone marrow).
- nominative-address — a noun naming the person to whom one is speaking.
- non-discriminative — constituting a particular quality, trait, or difference; characteristic; notable.
- representativeness — a person or thing that represents another or others.
19 letter words containing ative
21 letter words containing ative
- cooperative-apartment — working or acting together willingly for a common purpose or benefit.
On this page, we collect all words with ATIVE. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 1173 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains ATIVE that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.