Words containing archae
7 letter words containing archae
- archaea — an order of prokaryotic microorganisms
8 letter words containing archae
- archaeal — relating to or involving the order Archaea
- archaean — any member of the Archaea, a domain of prokaryotic microorganisms, distinguished from bacteria on molecular phylogenetic grounds and often found in hostile environments, such as volcanic vents and hot springs
- archaeo- — indicating ancient or primitive time or condition
- archaeon — A microorganism, physically resembling a bacterium, of the kingdom Archaea.
11 letter words containing archae
- archaeocyte — (in sponges) a type of amoebocyte capable of developing into other types of cells, especially reproductive cells.
- archaeology — Archaeology is the study of the societies and peoples of the past by examining the remains of their buildings, tools, and other objects.
- archaeornis — an extinct primitive Jurassic bird, formerly placed in the genus Archaeornis but now thought to be a species of archaeopteryx
- archaeozoic — Archeozoic
12 letter words containing archae
13 letter words containing archae
- archaelogical — Nonstandard spelling of archaeological.
- archaeobotany — the analysis and interpretation of plant remains found at archaeological sites
- archaeologian — (archaic) An archaeologist.
- archaeologist — a specialist in archaeology, the scientific study of prehistoric peoples and their cultures by analysis of their artifacts, inscriptions, monuments, etc.
- archaeometric — relating to archaeometry
14 letter words containing archae
- archaebacteria — (formerly) a group of microorganisms now regarded as members of the Archaea
- archaeocyathid — one of the marine invertebrates of the extinct phylum Archaeocyatha, widely distributed during the Cambrian Period, having a limy, typically conical or cylindrical skeleton composed of sievelike inner and outer walls.
- archaeological — of or relating to archaeology.
- archaeologists — Plural form of archaeologist.
- archaeometrist — a person who uses archaeometry
15 letter words containing archae
- archaeastronomy — (astronomy, archaeology) The historical, especially archeological, study of astronomy; the study of the astronomical systems and methods of ancient cultures often embracing the astrology and cosmology of the past.
- archaebacterium — Any primitive bacteria-like organism in the kingdom Archaea.
- archaeobotanist — A person engaged in archaeobotany.
16 letter words containing archae
- archaeoastronomy — the scientific study of the beliefs and practices concerning astronomy that existed in ancient and prehistoric civilizations
- archaeologically — In an archaeological manner.
- archaeomagnetism — an archaeological technique for dating certain clay objects by measuring the extent to which they have been magnetized by the earth's magnetic field
- astroarchaeology — archaeoastronomy.
- osteoarchaeology — the branch of archaeology that deals with the study of bones found at archaeological sites
17 letter words containing archae
On this page, we collect all words with ARCHAE. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 41 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains ARCHAE that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.