Words containing apo
3 letter words containing apo
- apo — the highest mountain in the Philippines, on SE Mindanao: active volcano with three peaks. Height: 2954 m (9690 ft)
4 letter words containing apo
- apo- — away from; off
- apod — an animal with no feet or whose feet are rudimentary
- capo — a device fitted across all the strings of a guitar, banjo, etc, so as to raise the pitch of each string simultaneously
- gapo — (in South America) a forest near a river, esp one which becomes flooded during the rainy season
- kapo — a Nazi concentration camp prisoner who was given privileges in return for supervising prisoner work gangs: often a common criminal and frequently brutal to fellow inmates.
5 letter words containing apo
6 letter words containing apo
- apodal — (of snakes, eels, etc) without feet; having no obvious hind limbs or pelvic fins
- apogee — The apogee of something such as a culture or a business is its highest or its greatest point.
- apollo — a strikingly handsome youth
- aponia — The absence of pain considered as a state of spiritual serenity.
- aporia — a doubt, real or professed, about what to do or say
7 letter words containing apo
8 letter words containing apo
- anapolis — a city in central Brazil.
- apaporis — a river in S central Colombia, in the Amazon system, flowing SE to the Japurá River. 500 miles (805 km) long.
- apoapsis — the point in an elliptical orbit which is farthest from the object being orbited
- apocarpy — the quality of being apocarpous
- apocopic — of or relating to apocope
9 letter words containing apo
- annapolis — the capital of Maryland, near the mouth of the Severn River on Chesapeake Bay: site of the US Naval Academy. Pop: 36 178 (2003 est)
- apocenter — the point in the orbit of a heavenly body farthest from a primary other than the earth or the sun.
- apocopate — to omit the final sound or sounds of (a word)
- apocrypha — the 14 books included as an appendix to the Old Testament in the Septuagint and the Vulgate but not included in the Hebrew canon. They are not printed in Protestant versions of the Bible
- apodictic — that can clearly be shown or proved; absolutely certain or necessarily true
10 letter words containing apo
- akiapolaau — a rare yellow Hawaiian honeycreeper, Hemignathus munroi, having a long slender down-curved upper bill and a short straight lower bill.
- anapodoton — (uncountable, rhetoric) The rhetorical device in which a main clause is implied by a subordinate clause, without mention.
- apoapsides — Plural form of apoapsis.
- apocalypse — The apocalypse is the total destruction and end of the world.
- apocarpous — (of the ovaries of flowering plants such as the buttercup) consisting of separate carpels
11 letter words containing apo
- anapophysis — a small process of a vertebra, especially of a lumbar or thoracic vertebra.
- apocalypses — Plural form of apocalypse.
- apocalyptic — Apocalyptic means relating to the total destruction of something, especially of the world.
- apocopation — to shorten by apocope.
- apocynthion — the point at which a spacecraft in lunar orbit is farthest from the moon
12 letter words containing apo
- anapodeictic — (rare, rhetoric) not able to be shown or proved by argument; undemonstrable.
- anapophysial — of or relating to an anapophysis.
- apocalyptist — the writer of the Apocalypse or a related work
- apochromatic — (of a lens) almost free from spherical and chromatic aberration
- apocryphally — In an apocryphal manner.
13 letter words containing apo
- antiapoptotic — (biology) Acting to prevent apoptosis.
- apocalyptical — of or like an apocalypse; affording a revelation or prophecy.
- apocatastasis — the belief that all free creatures shall experience salvation
- apocryphalist — A member of the group who supported the inclusion of the Apocrypha in the Bible.
- apodictically — incontestable because of having been demonstrated or proved to be demonstrable.
14 letter words containing apo
- apocalypticism — the belief in apocalyptic prophecy
- apocryphalness — the quality of being apocryphal
- apolipoprotein — any of a group of glycoproteins that form part of the structure of lipoproteins, some of which have been associated with Alzheimer's disease
- apologetically — containing an apology or excuse for a fault, failure, insult, injury, etc.: An apologetic letter to his creditors explained the delay.
- apophthegmatic — Alternative form of apothegmatic.
15 letter words containing apo
16 letter words containing apo
17 letter words containing apo
- antiapoptotically — So as to prevent apoptosis.
18 letter words containing apo
On this page, we collect all words with APO. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 628 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains APO that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.