Words containing ap
2 letter words containing ap
- ap — son of: occurring as part of some surnames of Welsh origin
3 letter words containing ap
4 letter words containing ap
- alap — a style of Indian vocal music without words
- apec — Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation
- aped — any of a group of anthropoid primates characterized by long arms, a broad chest, and the absence of a tail, comprising the family Pongidae (great ape) which includes the chimpanzee, gorilla, and orangutan, and the family Hylobatidae (lesser ape) which includes the gibbon and siamang.
- apex — An Apex or an Apex ticket is a ticket for a journey by air or rail which costs less than the standard ticket, but which you have to book a specified period in advance.
- apia — the capital of (Western) Samoa: a port on the N coast of Upolu. Pop: 41 000 (2005 est)
5 letter words containing ap
- adapt — If you adapt to a new situation or adapt yourself to it, you change your ideas or behaviour in order to deal with it successfully.
- agape — If you describe someone as having their mouth agape, their mouth is open very wide, often because they are very surprised by something.
- alapa — the light blow on the cheek delivered by the bishop in a confirmation service.
- amapa — a state of N Brazil, on the Amazon delta. Capital: Macapá. Pop: 516 511 (2002). Area: 143 716 sq km (55 489 sq miles)
- apace — If something develops or continues apace, it is developing or continuing quickly.
6 letter words containing ap
- agapae — the love of God or Christ for humankind.
- agapai — the love of God or Christ for humankind.
- apache — a member of a North American Indian people, formerly nomadic and warlike, inhabiting the southwestern US and N Mexico
- aparri — a seaport on N Luzon, in the N Philippines.
- apathy — You can use apathy to talk about someone's state of mind if you are criticizing them because they do not seem to be interested in or enthusiastic about anything.
7 letter words containing ap
- acapnia — the state of lacking carbon dioxide in the blood
- adapted — If something is adapted to a particular situation or purpose, it is especially suitable for it.
- adapter — a person or thing that adapts
- adaptor — An adaptor is a special device for connecting electrical equipment to a power supply, or for connecting different pieces of electrical or electronic equipment together.
- agrapha — sayings of Jesus not recorded in the canonical Gospels
8 letter words containing ap
- abapical — away from or opposite the apex
- acapulco — a port and resort in SW Mexico, in Guerrero state. Pop: 761 000 (2005 est)
- adapting — to make suitable to requirements or conditions; adjust or modify fittingly: They adapted themselves to the change quickly. He adapted the novel for movies.
- adaption — Adaption means the same as adaptation.
- adaptive — Adaptive means having the ability or tendency to adapt to different situations.
9 letter words containing ap
- adapazari — city in NW Turkey: pop. 152,000
- adaptable — If you describe a person or animal as adaptable, you mean that they are able to change their ideas or behaviour in order to deal with new situations.
- adaptions — the act of adapting.
- adaptogen — any of various natural substances used in herbal medicine to normalize and regulate the systems of the body
- aerograph — a device formerly used to make descriptions of the character of the upper atmosphere
10 letter words containing ap
- abaptiston — Surgery. a cone-shaped trephine designed to avoid penetration of the brain when incising the skull.
- adaptation — An adaptation of a book or play is a film or a television programme that is based on it.
- adaptively — in an adaptive manner
- adaptivity — in a state that has a capacity for adaptation
- aerography — the description of the character of the upper atmosphere
11 letter words containing ap
- actinograph — a recording actinometer
- adaptogenic — acting to normalize and regulate the systems of the body
- adiaphorism — a Christian Protestant theological theory that certain rites and actions are matters of indifference in religion since not forbidden by the Scriptures
- adiaphorous — having no effect for good or ill, as a drug or placebo
- aesculapian — of or relating to Aesculapius or to the art of medicine
12 letter words containing ap
13 letter words containing ap
- accelerograph — an accelerometer containing a pendulum device for measuring and recording ground motions produced by earthquakes.
- actinotherapy — radiotherapy, especially using ultraviolet rays.
- addressograph — a machine for addressing envelopes, etc
- agrostography — a treatise on grasses.
- almond-shaped — oval
14 letter words containing ap
- alpha-naphthol — either of two isomeric hydroxyl derivatives, C 1 0 H 7 OH, of naphthalene (alpha-naphthol or 1-naphthol and beta-naphthol or 2-naphthol) white or yellowish crystals, with a phenolic odor, that darken on exposure to light: used chiefly in dyes, drugs, perfumes, and insecticides.
- anopisthograph — a manuscript, parchment, or book having writing on only one side of the leaves.
- antaphrodisiac — Capable of reducing the sex drive.
- anthropography — the study of human geography and variation; ethnography
- anti-apartheid — opposed to apartheid
15 letter words containing ap
- aix-la-chapelle — Aachen
- anti-capitalism — an economic system in which investment in and ownership of the means of production, distribution, and exchange of wealth is made and maintained chiefly by private individuals or corporations, especially as contrasted to cooperatively or state-owned means of wealth.
- apocalyptically — of or like an apocalypse; affording a revelation or prophecy.
- approachability — capable of being approached; accessible.
- appropriateness — suitable or fitting for a particular purpose, person, occasion, etc.: an appropriate example; an appropriate dress.
16 letter words containing ap
- aerometeorograph — an aircraft instrument that records temperature, humidity, and atmospheric pressure
- aerotherapeutics — the treatment of disease by the use of air, esp. by exposing patients to changes in atmospheric pressure
- anopisthographic — a manuscript, parchment, or book having writing on only one side of the leaves.
- anti-aphrodisiac — Also, aphrodisiacal [af-ruh-duh-zahy-uh-kuh l, -sahy-] /ˌæf rə dəˈzaɪ ə kəl, -ˈsaɪ-/ (Show IPA). arousing sexual desire.
- apprehensiveness — uneasy or fearful about something that might happen: apprehensive for the safety of the mountain climbers.
17 letter words containing ap
- angiocardiography — the making of X-ray pictures of the heart and its blood vessels after injecting a radiopaque substance
- anthropogeography — a branch of anthropology dealing with the geographical distribution of humankind and the relationship between human beings and their environment.
- anti-anaphylactic — exaggerated allergic reaction to a foreign protein resulting from previous exposure to it.
- anti-metaphysical — pertaining to or of the nature of metaphysics.
- aperture-priority — of or relating to a semiautomatic exposure system in which the photographer presets the aperture and the camera selects the shutter speed.
18 letter words containing ap
- beta-naphthylamine — a white to reddish, crystalline, water-soluble, extremely toxic solid, C 10 H 9 N, used chiefly in the manufacture of azo dyes.
19 letter words containing ap
- auricular-appendage — Anatomy. the projecting outer portion of the ear; pinna. Also called auricular appendage. an ear-shaped appendage projecting from each atrium of the heart. (loosely) the atrium.
- ballistocardiograph — an instrument that records the slight recoil of the body, while on a special bed, caused by the contractions of the heart: used to measure cardiac pumping power and the elasticity of the aorta
- cap-de-la-madeleine — a city in S Quebec, in E Canada, near Three Rivers, on the St. Lawrence.
- cape-disappointment — Cape, a cape in SW Washington state, projecting into the Pacific Ocean on the N of the mouth of the Columbia River.
20 letter words containing ap
On this page, we collect all words with AP. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 8091 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains AP that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.