Words containing anti
4 letter words containing anti
- anti — You can refer to people who are opposed to a particular activity or idea as antis.
5 letter words containing anti
- anti- — Anti- is used to form adjectives and nouns that describe someone or something that is opposed to a particular system, practice, or group of people.
- antic — an actor in a ludicrous or grotesque part; clown; buffoon
- antie — (South Africa) An older female authority figure.
- fanti — a Kwa language spoken in Ghana that is mutually intelligible with Twi.
6 letter words containing anti
7 letter words containing anti
- alantin — (chemistry, obsolete) inulin.
- anti-id — an anti-idiotypic antibody.
- antiair — countering attack by aircraft or missile
- antiart — art, as dada, based on total rejection of established artistic practices and aesthetic values in favor of those that are arbitrary, shocking, and meaningless.
- antibes — a port and resort in SE France, on the Mediterranean: an important Roman town. Pop: 76 925 (2006)
8 letter words containing anti
9 letter words containing anti
- anabantid — any of various spiny-finned fishes constituting the family Anabantidae and including the fighting fish, climbing perch, and gourami
- andantino — (to be performed) slightly faster, or slightly more slowly, than andante
- anti-atom — an atom composed of antiparticles, in which the nucleus contains antiprotons with orbiting positrons
- anti-drug — opposing or restricting the use of narcotics or other drugs of abuse: to enact stricter antidrug laws.
- anti-icer — a device fitted to an aircraft to prevent the formation of ice
10 letter words containing anti
- adamantine — very hard; unbreakable or unyielding
- adamantium — A fictional metal that is indestructible or nearly so.
- all'antica — in the manner of the ancients.
- angwantibo — a rare gold-coloured prosimian primate of tropical Africa, Arctocebus calabarensis, having digits that are specialized as a pair of pincers for climbing: family Lorisidae (lorises)
- anti-aging — effective in retarding the effects of aging: Chemists hope to produce an antiaging drug.
11 letter words containing anti
- alloantigen — an antigen present in some but not all individuals of the same species, as those in different human blood groups.
- anti-ageing — of or relating to any product or procedure claiming to reverse or slow down the effects of ageing
- anti-biotic — any of a large group of chemical substances, as penicillin or streptomycin, produced by various microorganisms and fungi, having the capacity in dilute solutions to inhibit the growth of or to destroy bacteria and other microorganisms, used chiefly in the treatment of infectious diseases.
- anti-busing — opposing legislation that requires the busing of students to schools outside their neighborhoods, especially as a means of achieving socioeconomic or racial diversity among students in a public school.
- anti-choice — opposed to the legal right to obtain an abortion; pro-life
12 letter words containing anti
- alloantibody — an antibody that reacts with an antigen from a genetically different individual of the same species.
- anti-british — opposed to anything characteristic of or relating to Britain
- anti-elitist — (of a person or class of persons) considered superior by others or by themselves, as in intellect, talent, power, wealth, or position in society: elitist country clubbers who have theirs and don't care about anybody else.
- anti-fascism — (sometimes initial capital letter) a governmental system led by a dictator having complete power, forcibly suppressing opposition and criticism, regimenting all industry, commerce, etc., and emphasizing an aggressive nationalism and often racism.
- anti-foreign — the policy or practice of showing hostility toward foreigners, foreign customs, etc.
13 letter words containing anti
- anti-abortion — opposed to abortion
- anti-academic — of or relating to a college, academy, school, or other educational institution, especially one for higher education: academic requirements.
- anti-aircraft — of or relating to defence against aircraft attack
- anti-aliasing — a technique for smoothing out jagged lines in graphical computer output.
- anti-allergic — intended to prevent or minimize an allergic reaction
14 letter words containing anti
- anti-alcoholic — opposition to excessive drinking of alcoholic beverages.
- anti-apartheid — opposed to apartheid
- anti-bacterial — destructive to or inhibiting the growth of bacteria.
- anti-ballistic — designed to detect, intercept, or destroy ballistic missiles: an antiballistic missile.
- anti-bolshevik — a person who is opposed to Bolshevism
15 letter words containing anti
- anti-allergenic — not aggravating an allergy; intended or prepared for those suffering from an allergy: antiallergenic cosmetics.
- anti-capitalism — an economic system in which investment in and ownership of the means of production, distribution, and exchange of wealth is made and maintained chiefly by private individuals or corporations, especially as contrasted to cooperatively or state-owned means of wealth.
- anti-censorship — the act or practice of censoring.
- anti-commercial — of, relating to, or characteristic of commerce.
- anti-conformist — a person who conforms, especially unquestioningly, to the usual practices or standards of a group, society, etc.
16 letter words containing anti
- anti-aphrodisiac — Also, aphrodisiacal [af-ruh-duh-zahy-uh-kuh l, -sahy-] /ˌæf rə dəˈzaɪ ə kəl, -ˈsaɪ-/ (Show IPA). arousing sexual desire.
- anti-calvinistic — the doctrines and teachings of John Calvin or his followers, emphasizing predestination, the sovereignty of God, the supreme authority of the Scriptures, and the irresistibility of grace. Compare Arminianism.
- anti-consumerism — a modern movement for the protection of the consumer against useless, inferior, or dangerous products, misleading advertising, unfair pricing, etc.
- anti-development — the act or process of developing; growth; progress: child development; economic development.
- anti-egalitarian — asserting, resulting from, or characterized by belief in the equality of all people, especially in political, economic, or social life.
17 letter words containing anti
- anti-anaphylactic — exaggerated allergic reaction to a foreign protein resulting from previous exposure to it.
- anti-assimilation — the act or process of assimilating, or of absorbing information, experiences, etc.: the need for quick assimilation of the facts.
- anti-bureaucratic — of, relating to, or characteristic of a bureaucrat or a bureaucracy; arbitrary and routine.
- anti-carcinogenic — any substance or agent that tends to produce a cancer.
- anti-conservatism — the disposition to preserve or restore what is established and traditional and to limit change.
18 letter words containing anti
- anti-authoritarian — favoring complete obedience or subjection to authority as opposed to individual freedom: authoritarian principles; authoritarian attitudes.
- anti-commercialism — the principles, practices, and spirit of commerce.
- anti-establishment — opposed to established authority
- anti-globalization — a political belief opposed to the emergence of a single world market dominated by multinational companies
- anti-miscegenation — marriage or cohabitation between two people from different racial groups, especially, in the U.S., between a black person and a white person: In 1968 the Supreme Court ruled unanimously that state laws prohibiting miscegenation were unconstitutional.
19 letter words containing anti
- anti-ecclesiastical — of or relating to the church or the clergy; churchly; clerical; not secular.
- anti-fundamentalism — (sometimes initial capital letter) a religious movement characterized by a strict belief in the literal interpretation of religious texts, especially within American Protestantism and Islam.
- anti-fundamentalist — (sometimes initial capital letter) a religious movement characterized by a strict belief in the literal interpretation of religious texts, especially within American Protestantism and Islam.
- anti-prohibitionist — a person who favors or advocates prohibition.
- anti-vivisectionist — a person who opposes vivisection.
20 letter words containing anti
- anti-intellectualism — a feeling of hostility and dislike towards intellectuals and intellectual activities
- anti-supernaturalism — supernatural character or agency.
- antiauthoritarianism — Opposition to authority; the quality of being antiauthoritarian.
- antidisestablishment — Opposed to the separation of church and state.
- pyrenees-atlantiques — a department in SW France. 2978 sq. mi. (7710 sq. km). Capital: Pau.
22 letter words containing anti
- antiestablishmentarian — a person who supports or advocates antiestablishmentarianism.
25 letter words containing anti
28 letter words containing anti
- antidisestablishmentarianism — opposition to the withdrawal of state support or recognition from an established church, especially the Anglican Church in 19th-century England.
On this page, we collect all words with ANTI. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 1844 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains ANTI that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.