Words containing anth
6 letter words containing anth
- anthea — a female given name: from a Greek word meaning “flowery.”.
- anthem — An anthem is a song which is used to represent a particular nation, society, or group and which is sung on special occasions.
- anther — the terminal part of a stamen consisting usually of two lobes each containing two sacs in which the pollen matures
- antho- — denoting a flower
- anthro — (informal) anthropology.
7 letter words containing anth
- acantha — a pointed, projecting structure, such as a thorn or prickle
- acanthi — Irregular plural form of acanthus.
- antheap — Anthill.
- antheil — George. 1900–59, US composer. His best known work is the controversial Le Ballet Méchanique (1924) for motor horns, bells, and aeroplane propellers
- anthema — exanthema.
8 letter words containing anth
- -anthous — having flowers (of a specified kind or number)
- acanthin — an organic chemical used in medicine as a treatment for snake venom
- acantho- — indicating a spine or thorn
- acanthus — any shrub or herbaceous plant of the genus Acanthus, native to the Mediterranean region but widely cultivated as ornamental plants, having large spiny leaves and spikes of white or purplish flowers: family Acanthaceae
- amaranth — an imaginary flower that never fades
9 letter words containing anth
10 letter words containing anth
- acanthosis — (medicine) A benign abnormal thickening of the stratum spinosum, or prickle cell, layer of the epidermis.(First attested in the late 19th century.).
- agapanthus — a liliaceous plant, Agapanthus africanus, of southern Africa, having rounded clusters of blue or white funnel-shaped flowers
- amaranthus — Any of the genus Amaranthus; an amaranth.
- amianthoid — a fine variety of asbestos, with delicate, flexible filaments.
- anthemwise — alternately
11 letter words containing anth
- acanthocyte — an abnormal red blood cell having spiny projections, found in the blood of persons with abetalipoproteinemia and certain malabsorption disorders.
- acanthodian — any small, spiny-finned, sharklike fish of the extinct order Acanthodii, from the Paleozoic Era.
- acanthology — the study of spines, as in sea urchins or certain spiny-headed worms, particularly as they relate to taxonomic classification.
- acidanthera — any plant of the African cormous genus Acidanthera, cultivated for its graceful tubular white and red or white and purple flowers, often scented: family Iridaceae
- ailanthuses — Plural form of ailanthus.
12 letter words containing anth
- acanthaceous — of or relating to the Acanthaceae, a mainly tropical and subtropical family of flowering plants that includes the acanthus
- anthelmintic — killing or ejecting intestinal worms
- antherozooid — Alternative form of antherozoid.
- anthocarpous — resembling or pertaining to an anthocarp
- anthocyanine — Alternative form of anthocyanin.
13 letter words containing anth
- anthelminthic — Of use against intestinal worms.
- anthelmintics — Plural form of anthelmintic.
- anthologizing — Present participle of anthologize.
- anthophyllite — a black or greenish-black mineral from the hornblende group, found in igneous and metamorphic rocks
- anthraquinone — a yellow crystalline solid used in the manufacture of dyes, esp anthraquinone dyes, which have excellent colour properties. Formula: C6H4(CO)2C6H4
14 letter words containing anth
- acanthocytosis — a condition characterized by large numbers of acanthocytes in the blood.
- africanthropus — a genus of hominids of eastern Africa, assumed from a number of now lost skull fragments to have been a form of archaic Homo : no longer in technical use.
- amaranthaceous — of, relating to, or belonging to the Amaranthaceae (or Amarantaceae), a family of tropical and temperate herbaceous or shrubby flowering plants that includes the amaranths and cockscomb
- anthologically — In the manner of an anthology.
- anthropography — the study of human geography and variation; ethnography
15 letter words containing anth
- acanthocephalan — any of the parasitic wormlike invertebrates of the phylum Acanthocephala, the adults of which have a spiny proboscis and live in the intestines of vertebrates
- anthropobiology — the biological study of the human species
- anthropocentric — regarding man as the most important and central factor in the universe
- anthropogenesis — the study of the origins of man
- anthropological — the science that deals with the origins, physical and cultural development, biological characteristics, and social customs and beliefs of humankind.
16 letter words containing anth
- acanthocephalans — Plural form of acanthocephalan.
- acanthopterygian — of, relating to, or belonging to the Acanthopterygii, a large group of teleost fishes having spiny fin rays. The group includes most saltwater bony fishes
- anthropocentrism — an anthropocentric theory or view.
- anthropometrical — Pertaining to anthropometry.
- anthropomorphise — Non-Oxford British standard spelling of anthropomorphize.
17 letter words containing anth
- acanthopterygians — Plural form of acanthopterygian.
- anthracosilicosis — a form of pneumoconiosis occurring in miners, caused by the inhalation of coal and siliceous particles.
- anthropogenically — In an anthropogenic way.
- anthropogeography — a branch of anthropology dealing with the geographical distribution of humankind and the relationship between human beings and their environment.
- anthropologically — the science that deals with the origins, physical and cultural development, biological characteristics, and social customs and beliefs of humankind.
18 letter words containing anth
- anthropocentricity — the state or quality of being anthropocentric.
- anthropomorphising — Present participle of anthropomorphise.
- anthropomorphizing — Present participle of anthropomorphize.
- anthropomorphously — In an anthropomorphous manner; in a manner resembling that of a human.
- deanthropomorphism — the ridding of philosophy or religion of anthropomorphic beliefs and doctrines.
19 letter words containing anth
- anthropocentrically — regarding the human being as the central fact of the universe.
- anthropomorphically — ascribing human form or attributes to a being or thing not human, especially to a deity.
- paleoanthropologist — the study of the origins and predecessors of the present human species, using fossils and other remains.
- phenanthrenequinone — a yellowish-orange, crystalline, water-insoluble solid, C 1 4 H 8 O 2 , used chiefly in organic synthesis and the manufacture of dyes.
20 letter words containing anth
26 letter words containing anth
- philosophical-anthropology — the science that deals with the origins, physical and cultural development, biological characteristics, and social customs and beliefs of humankind.
On this page, we collect all words with ANTH. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 493 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains ANTH that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.