Words containing ant
3 letter words containing ant
- ant — Ants are small crawling insects that live in large groups.
4 letter words containing ant
- ant- — anti-
- anta — a pilaster attached to the end of a side wall or sometimes to the side of a doorway
- ante — the gaming stake put up before the deal in poker by the players
- anti — You can refer to people who are opposed to a particular activity or idea as antis.
- ants — any of numerous black, red, brown, or yellow social insects of the family Formicidae, of worldwide distribution especially in warm climates, having a large head with inner jaws for chewing and outer jaws for carrying and digging, and living in highly organized colonies containing wingless female workers, a winged queen, and, during breeding seasons, winged males, some species being noted for engaging in warfare, slavemaking, or the cultivation of food sources.
5 letter words containing ant
- ante- — before in time or position; previous to; in front of
- anted — Poker. a fixed but arbitrary stake put into the pot by each player before the deal.
- antes — Poker. a fixed but arbitrary stake put into the pot by each player before the deal.
- anti- — Anti- is used to form adjectives and nouns that describe someone or something that is opposed to a particular system, practice, or group of people.
- antic — an actor in a ludicrous or grotesque part; clown; buffoon
6 letter words containing ant
- actant — (in valency grammar) a noun phrase functioning as the agent of the main verb of a sentence
- ajanta — a village in N Maharashtra, in W central India: caves and shrines containing Buddhist frescoes and sculptures.
- anteed — Poker. a fixed but arbitrary stake put into the pot by each player before the deal.
- antero — Mount, a peak in central Colorado, in the Sawatch Mountains. 14,269 feet (4349 meters).
- anthea — a female given name: from a Greek word meaning “flowery.”.
7 letter words containing ant
- abeyant — temporarily inactive, stopped, or suspended.
- acantha — a pointed, projecting structure, such as a thorn or prickle
- adamant — If someone is adamant about something, they are determined not to change their mind about it.
- affiant — a person who makes an affidavit
- andante — Andante written above a piece of music means that it should be played fairly slowly.
8 letter words containing ant
9 letter words containing ant
10 letter words containing ant
- aberrantly — in an aberrant manner
- abirritant — relieving irritation
- abundantly — If something is abundantly clear, it is extremely obvious.
- acanthosis — (medicine) A benign abnormal thickening of the stratum spinosum, or prickle cell, layer of the epidermis.(First attested in the late 19th century.).
- accelerant — accelerating
11 letter words containing ant
- acanthocyte — an abnormal red blood cell having spiny projections, found in the blood of persons with abetalipoproteinemia and certain malabsorption disorders.
- acanthodian — any small, spiny-finned, sharklike fish of the extinct order Acanthodii, from the Paleozoic Era.
- acanthology — the study of spines, as in sea urchins or certain spiny-headed worms, particularly as they relate to taxonomic classification.
- accordantly — agreeing; conforming; harmonious.
- acidanthera — any plant of the African cormous genus Acidanthera, cultivated for its graceful tubular white and red or white and purple flowers, often scented: family Iridaceae
12 letter words containing ant
- acanthaceous — of or relating to the Acanthaceae, a mainly tropical and subtropical family of flowering plants that includes the acanthus
- advantageous — If something is advantageous to you, it is likely to benefit you.
- alloantibody — an antibody that reacts with an antigen from a genetically different individual of the same species.
- antagonistic — If a person is antagonistic to someone or something, they show hatred or dislike towards them.
- antagonizing — to make hostile or unfriendly; make an enemy or antagonist of: His speech antagonized many voters.
13 letter words containing ant
14 letter words containing ant
- acanthocytosis — a condition characterized by large numbers of acanthocytes in the blood.
- advantageously — providing an advantage; furnishing convenience or opportunity; favorable; profitable; useful; beneficial: an advantageous position; an advantageous treaty.
- africanthropus — a genus of hominids of eastern Africa, assumed from a number of now lost skull fragments to have been a form of archaic Homo : no longer in technical use.
- allotransplant — allograft.
- amaranthaceous — of, relating to, or belonging to the Amaranthaceae (or Amarantaceae), a family of tropical and temperate herbaceous or shrubby flowering plants that includes the amaranths and cockscomb
15 letter words containing ant
- acanthocephalan — any of the parasitic wormlike invertebrates of the phylum Acanthocephala, the adults of which have a spiny proboscis and live in the intestines of vertebrates
- antepenultimate — third from last
- anteprohibition — before prohibition.
- anteroposterior — Relating to or directed toward both front and back.
- anthropocentric — regarding man as the most important and central factor in the universe
16 letter words containing ant
- acanthopterygian — of, relating to, or belonging to the Acanthopterygii, a large group of teleost fishes having spiny fin rays. The group includes most saltwater bony fishes
- antagonistically — acting in opposition; opposing, especially mutually.
- anthropocentrism — an anthropocentric theory or view.
- anthropomorphise — Non-Oxford British standard spelling of anthropomorphize.
- anthropomorphism — Anthropomorphism is the idea that an animal, a god, or an object has feelings or characteristics like those of a human being.
17 letter words containing ant
- anthracosilicosis — a form of pneumoconiosis occurring in miners, caused by the inhalation of coal and siliceous particles.
- anthropogeography — a branch of anthropology dealing with the geographical distribution of humankind and the relationship between human beings and their environment.
- anthropologically — the science that deals with the origins, physical and cultural development, biological characteristics, and social customs and beliefs of humankind.
- anthropomorphized — Simple past tense and past participle of anthropomorphize.
- anthropomorphosis — transformation into human form
18 letter words containing ant
- anthropocentricity — the state or quality of being anthropocentric.
- anthropomorphising — Present participle of anthropomorphise.
- anti-authoritarian — favoring complete obedience or subjection to authority as opposed to individual freedom: authoritarian principles; authoritarian attitudes.
- anti-commercialism — the principles, practices, and spirit of commerce.
- anti-establishment — opposed to established authority
19 letter words containing ant
- anthropocentrically — regarding the human being as the central fact of the universe.
- anthropomorphically — ascribing human form or attributes to a being or thing not human, especially to a deity.
- anti-ecclesiastical — of or relating to the church or the clergy; churchly; clerical; not secular.
- anti-fundamentalism — (sometimes initial capital letter) a religious movement characterized by a strict belief in the literal interpretation of religious texts, especially within American Protestantism and Islam.
- anti-fundamentalist — (sometimes initial capital letter) a religious movement characterized by a strict belief in the literal interpretation of religious texts, especially within American Protestantism and Islam.
20 letter words containing ant
22 letter words containing ant
- antiestablishmentarian — a person who supports or advocates antiestablishmentarianism.
25 letter words containing ant
28 letter words containing ant
- antidisestablishmentarianism — opposition to the withdrawal of state support or recognition from an established church, especially the Anglican Church in 19th-century England.
On this page, we collect all words with ANT. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 5820 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains ANT that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.