Words containing and
3 letter words containing and
- and — You use and to link two or more words, groups, or clauses.
4 letter words containing and
- andy — a male given name, form of Andrew.
- band — A band is a small group of musicians who play popular music such as jazz, rock, or pop.
- gand — French name of Ghent.
- hand — Learned [lur-nid] /ˈlɜr nɪd/ (Show IPA), 1872–1961, U.S. jurist.
- land — Edwin Herbert, 1909–91, U.S. inventor and businessman: created the Polaroid camera.
5 letter words containing and
- andes — a major mountain system of South America, extending for about 7250 km (4500 miles) along the entire W coast, with several parallel ranges or cordilleras and many volcanic peaks: rich in minerals, including gold, silver, copper, iron ore, and nitrates. Average height: 3900 m (13 000 ft). Highest peak: Aconcagua, 6960 m (22 835 ft)
- andie — a male or female given name.
- andre — John. 1751–80, British major who was hanged as a spy for conspiring with Benedict Arnold during the War of American Independence
- banda — Hastings Kamuzu (kæˈmuːzuː). 1906–97, Malawi statesman. As first prime minister of Nyasaland (from 1963), he led his country to independence (1964) as Malawi: president (1966–94)
- bandh — (in India) a general strike
6 letter words containing and
- adland — the advertising industry and the people who work in it
- amanda — a feminine name: dim. Mandy
- ananda — 5th century bc, the first cousin, favourite disciple, and personal attendant of the Buddha
- and/or — used to join terms when either one or the other or both is indicated
- andean — of, relating to, or resembling the Andes
7 letter words containing and
- abandon — If you abandon a place, thing, or person, you leave the place, thing, or person permanently or for a long time, especially when you should not do so.
- amandla — a political slogan calling for power to the Black population
- andaman — Also, Andamanese. of or relating to the Andaman Islands, the Andamanese people, or their language.
- andante — Andante written above a piece of music means that it should be played fairly slowly.
- andijon — a city in E Uzbekistan, near the border of Kyrgyzstan.
8 letter words containing and
- alcandre — the wife of Polybus who received Helen and Menelaus on their way home from Troy.
- amandine — a protein found in almonds
- andersen — Hans Christian. 1805–75, Danish author of fairy tales, including The Ugly Duckling, The Tin Soldier, and The Snow Queen
- anderson — a river in N Canada, in the Northwest Territories, rising in lakes north of Great Bear Lake and flowing west and north to the Beaufort Sea. Length: about 580 km (360 miles)
- andesine — a feldspar mineral of the plagioclase series consisting of an aluminium silicate of sodium and calcium. Formula: NaAlSi3O8.CaAl2Si2O8
9 letter words containing and
- abandoned — An abandoned place or building is no longer used or occupied.
- abandonee — a person to whom something is formally relinquished, esp an insurer having the right to salvage a wreck
- abandoner — a person or thing that abandons
- aforehand — beforehand; in advance
- alexander — Harold (Rupert Leofric George), Earl Alexander of Tunis. 1891–1969, British field marshal in World War II, who organized the retreat from Dunkirk and commanded in North Africa (1943) and Sicily and Italy (1944–45); governor general of Canada (1946–52); British minister of defence (1952–54)
10 letter words containing and
- abandoning — to leave completely and finally; forsake utterly; desert: to abandon one's farm; to abandon a child; to abandon a sinking ship.
- africander — one of a breed of red beef cattle, raised originally in southern Africa, well adapted to high temperatures.
- afrikander — a breed of humpbacked beef cattle originally raised in southern Africa
- aggrandise — to widen in scope; increase in size or intensity; enlarge; extend.
- aggrandize — To aggrandize someone means to make them seem richer, more powerful, and more important than they really are. To aggrandize a building means to make it more impressive.
11 letter words containing and
- abandonedly — in an unrestrained manner
- abandonment — The abandonment of a place, thing, or person is the act of leaving it permanently or for a long time, especially when you should not do so.
- abandonware — computer software which is no longer sold or supported by its publisher
- accelerando — (to be performed) with increasing speed
- alessandria — a town in NW Italy, in Piedmont. Pop: 85 438 (2001)
12 letter words containing and
- adam-and-eve — puttyroot
- alexanderson — Ernst F. W [urnst] /ɜrnst/ (Show IPA), 1878–1975, U.S. engineer and inventor.
- alexandretta — Iskenderun
- alexandrinus — the Greek uncial codex, dating from the early 5th century a.d., originally containing the complete text of the Greek Old and New Testaments.
- andouillette — a French sausage made from pig intestines, smaller than an andouille
13 letter words containing and
- aleksandropol — a former name of Gumri.
- aleksandrovsk — a city in SE Ukraine, on the Dnieper River.
- andersonville — town in SW central Ga.: site of a Confederate prison in the Civil War
- androcentrism — centered on, emphasizing, or dominated by males or masculine interests: an androcentric society; an androcentric religion.
- anti-androgen — any of a class of drugs that oppose the action of androgens; used in the treatment of prostate cancer and various male sexual disorders
14 letter words containing and
- aggrandisement — an act or instance of aggrandizing, or increasing in size, or intensity: aggrandizement of mercantile trade in the early colonies.
- aggrandizement — If someone does something for aggrandizement, they do it in order to get power, wealth, and importance for themselves.
- androdioecious — (of a plant species) having hermaphrodite and male flowers on separate plants
- back-and-forth — backward and forward; side to side; to and fro: a back-and-forth shuttling of buses to the stadium; the back-and-forth movement of a clock's pendulum.
- ball-and-chain — a heavy iron ball fastened by a chain to a prisoner's leg.
15 letter words containing and
- al-iskandariyah — Arabic name of Alexandria.
- alexandroupolis — a port in NE Greece, in W Thrace. Pop: 52 720 (2001 est)
- andromonoecious — (of a plant species) having hermaphrodite and male flowers on the same plant
- androstenedione — a weak hormone, C19H26O2, produced by the ovaries, testes, and adrenal glands as a precursor to estrogen, testosterone, etc.: formerly taken in a concentrated tablet or capsule form as by some bodybuilders
- bait-and-switch — denoting a deceptive method of selling, by which customers, attracted to a store by sale items, are told either that the advertised bargain item is out of stock or is inferior to a higher-priced item that is available.
16 letter words containing and
- acetylandromedol — grayanotoxin.
- bread-and-butter — providing a livelihood or basic source of income; supplying the basic needs of life: a bread-and-butter job; the agency's bread-and-butter account.
- brick-and-mortar — pertaining to conventional stores, businesses, etc., having physical buildings and facilities, as opposed to Internet or remote services.
- cause-and-effect — noting a relationship between actions or events such that one or more are the result of the other or others.
- clermont-ferrand — a city in S central France: capital of Puy-de-Dôme department; industrial centre. Pop: 140 957 (2011)
17 letter words containing and
- bed-and-breakfast — an accommodation offered by an inn, hotel, or especially a private home, consisting of a room for the night and breakfast the next morning for one inclusive price.
- blood-and-thunder — sensationalism, violence, or exaggerated melodrama: a movie full of blood and thunder.
- board-and-shingle — a small dwelling with wooden walls and a shingle roof
- call-and-response — a form of interaction between a speaker and one or more listeners, in which every utterance of the speaker elicits a verbal or non-verbal response from the listener or listeners
- clicks-and-mortar — pertaining to or denoting a company that does business on the Internet and in traditional stores or offices.
18 letter words containing and
19 letter words containing and
20 letter words containing and
21 letter words containing and
- aleksandr-nikolaevich — Alexander (Aleksandr Nikolaevich) 1899–1977, Russian pianist and composer, in the U.S.
22 letter words containing and
- dehydroepiandrosterone — the most abundant steroid in the human body, that is involved in the manufacture of testosterone, oestrogen, progesterone, and corticosterone
23 letter words containing and
- consciousness-expanding — mind-expanding.
On this page, we collect all words with AND. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 6035 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains AND that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.