Words containing an
2 letter words containing an
- an — An is used instead of 'a', the indefinite article, in front of words that begin with vowel sounds.
3 letter words containing an
4 letter words containing an
5 letter words containing an
- achan — a member of the tribe of Judah who, with his family, was stoned to death for stealing forbidden spoils. Josh. 7:19–26.
- adana — a city in S Turkey, capital of Adana province. Pop: 1 248 000 (2005 est)
- adhan — a call to prayer
- adman — An adman is someone who works in advertising.
- agana — capital of Guam: pop. 1,100
6 letter words containing an
- abadan — a port in SW Iran, on an island in the Shatt-al-Arab delta. Pop: 307 000 (2005 est)
- abakan — a city in S central Russia, capital of the Khakass Republic, at the confluence of the Yenisei and Abakan Rivers. Pop: 167 000 (2005 est)
- achkan — a type of man's coat, knee-length or longer and long-sleeved, worn in South Asia, traditionally by the Muslim and Sikh aristocracy of Northern India
- actant — (in valency grammar) a noun phrase functioning as the agent of the main verb of a sentence
- adland — the advertising industry and the people who work in it
7 letter words containing an
- abandon — If you abandon a place, thing, or person, you leave the place, thing, or person permanently or for a long time, especially when you should not do so.
- abelian — of or relating to an Abelian group
- aberfan — a former coal-mining village in S Wales, in Merthyr Tydfil county borough: scene of a disaster in 1966 when a slag heap collapsed onto part of the village killing 144 people (including 116 children)
- abeyant — temporarily inactive, stopped, or suspended.
- abidjan — a port in Côte d'Ivoire, on the Gulf of Guinea: the legislative capital (Yamoussoukro became the administrative capital in 1983). Pop: 3 516 000 (2005 est)
8 letter words containing an
9 letter words containing an
- abandoned — An abandoned place or building is no longer used or occupied.
- abandonee — a person to whom something is formally relinquished, esp an insurer having the right to salvage a wreck
- abandoner — a person or thing that abandons
- aberrance — departing from the right, normal, or usual course.
- aberrancy — departing from the right, normal, or usual course.
10 letter words containing an
- abandoning — to leave completely and finally; forsake utterly; desert: to abandon one's farm; to abandon a child; to abandon a sinking ship.
- aberdonian — a native or inhabitant of Aberdeen
- aberrantly — in an aberrant manner
- abirritant — relieving irritation
- absinthian — a green, aromatic liqueur that is 68 percent alcohol, is made with wormwood and other herbs, and has a bitter, licorice flavor: now banned in most Western countries.
11 letter words containing an
- abandonedly — in an unrestrained manner
- abandonment — The abandonment of a place, thing, or person is the act of leaving it permanently or for a long time, especially when you should not do so.
- abandonware — computer software which is no longer sold or supported by its publisher
- abbevillian — the period represented by Lower Palaeolithic European sites containing the earliest hand axes, dating from the Mindel glaciation
- abecedarian — a person who is learning the alphabet or the rudiments of a subject
12 letter words containing an
- acanthaceous — of or relating to the Acanthaceae, a mainly tropical and subtropical family of flowering plants that includes the acanthus
- accompanying — provided at the same time as something else as an extra or addition; supplementary
- accompanyist — accompanist.
- acquaintance — An acquaintance is someone who you have met and know slightly, but not well.
- acrocyanosis — cyanosis of the hands and feet due to poor circulation of the blood
13 letter words containing an
- accompaniment — The accompaniment to a song or tune is the music that is played at the same time as it and forms a background to it.
- acetanisidine — methacetin.
- acetylaniline — acetanilide.
- actinouranium — the isotope of uranium that has a mass number of 235
- actor-manager — a leading actor who produces and usually stars in his or her own productions: Sir Henry Irving was one of the first actor-managers.
14 letter words containing an
- acanthocytosis — a condition characterized by large numbers of acanthocytes in the blood.
- accompaniments — something incidental or added for ornament, symmetry, etc.
- advantageously — providing an advantage; furnishing convenience or opportunity; favorable; profitable; useful; beneficial: an advantageous position; an advantageous treaty.
- africanization — to replace the European or white staff of (an organization in Africa) with black Africans.
- africanthropus — a genus of hominids of eastern Africa, assumed from a number of now lost skull fragments to have been a form of archaic Homo : no longer in technical use.
15 letter words containing an
- acanthocephalan — any of the parasitic wormlike invertebrates of the phylum Acanthocephala, the adults of which have a spiny proboscis and live in the intestines of vertebrates
- actinopterygian — belonging or pertaining to the Actinopterygii, a group of bony fishes.
- agranulocytosis — a serious and sometimes fatal illness characterized by a marked reduction of leucocytes, usually caused by hypersensitivity to certain drugs
- al-iskandariyah — Arabic name of Alexandria.
- alexandroupolis — a port in NE Greece, in W Thrace. Pop: 52 720 (2001 est)
16 letter words containing an
- acanthopterygian — of, relating to, or belonging to the Acanthopterygii, a large group of teleost fishes having spiny fin rays. The group includes most saltwater bony fishes
- acetylandromedol — grayanotoxin.
- acquaintanceship — a person known to one, but usually not a close friend.
- african-american — African-Americans are black people living in the United States who are descended from families that originally came from Africa.
- african-canadian — a Canadian of African descent
17 letter words containing an
- air-transportable — that can be transported by aircraft: air-transportable equipment.
- american-flagfish — flagfish (def 1).
- anaesthesiologist — anesthesiology.
- angiocardiography — the making of X-ray pictures of the heart and its blood vessels after injecting a radiopaque substance
- anglo-catholicism — the tradition or form of worship in the Anglican Church that emphasizes Catholicity, the apostolic succession, and the continuity of all churches within the communion with pre-Reformation Christianity as well as the importance of liturgy and ritual.
18 letter words containing an
19 letter words containing an
21 letter words containing an
- aleksandr-nikolaevich — Alexander (Aleksandr Nikolaevich) 1899–1977, Russian pianist and composer, in the U.S.
On this page, we collect all words with AN. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 35610 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains AN that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.