Words containing am
2 letter words containing am
- am — AM is a method of transmitting radio waves that can be used to broadcast sound. AM is an abbreviation for 'amplitude modulation'.
3 letter words containing am
4 letter words containing am
- adam — the first man, created by God: the progenitor of the human race (Genesis 2–3)
- amah — (in the East, esp formerly) a nurse or maidservant, esp one of Chinese origin
- aman — Haman.
- amas — a Japanese diver, usually a woman, who tends underwater oyster beds used in the cultivation of pearls.
- amba — anba.
5 letter words containing am
6 letter words containing am
- abscam — the code name for an FBI investigation (1978–80) of bribery, involving members of Congress.
- adamas — Admah.
- adamic — pertaining to or suggestive of Adam.
- adamov — Arthur. 1908–70, French dramatist, born in Russia: one of the foremost exponents of the Theatre of the Absurd. His plays include Le Professeur Taranne (1953), Le Ping-Pong (1955), and Le Printemps '71 (1960)
- addams — Jane. 1860–1935, US social reformer, feminist, and pacifist, who founded Hull House, a social settlement in Chicago: Nobel peace prize 1931
7 letter words containing am
- a-frame — (of a house) constructed with an A-shaped elevation
- abinoam — the father of Barak. Judges 4:6; 12; 5:1.
- abraham — the first of the patriarchs, the father of Isaac and the founder of the Hebrew people (Genesis 11–25)
- adamant — If someone is adamant about something, they are determined not to change their mind about it.
- adamawa — a state of Nigeria, in the E on the border with Cameroon. Capital: Yola. Pop: 3 168 101 (2006). Area: 36 917 sq km (14 254 sq miles)
8 letter words containing am
- a-sample — the primary urine or blood sample used in doping tests in professional sports; if the A-sample tests positive, the B-sample is tested to confirm or invalidate the results
- abampere — the cgs unit of current in the electromagnetic system; the constant current that, when flowing through two parallel straight infinitely long conductors 1 centimetre apart, will produce a force between them of 2 dynes per centimetre: equivalent to 10 amperes
- aceldama — the place near Jerusalem that was bought with the 30 pieces of silver paid to Judas for betraying Jesus (Matthew 27:8; Acts 1:19)
- aceramic — not producing pottery: an aceramic South American culture.
- adamance — a state of resoluteness
9 letter words containing am
- acetamide — a white or colourless soluble deliquescent crystalline compound, used in the manufacture of organic chemicals. Formula: CH3CONH2
- adamantly — utterly unyielding in attitude or opinion in spite of all appeals, urgings, etc.
- advergame — an online video game that promotes a particular brand, product, or marketing message by integrating it into the game.
- afterdamp — a poisonous mixture of gases containing carbon dioxide, carbon monoxide, and nitrogen formed after the explosion of firedamp in coal mines
- agamemnon — a king of Mycenae who led the Greeks at the siege of Troy. On his return home he was murdered by his wife Clytemnestra and her lover Aegisthus
10 letter words containing am
- acrylamide — a chemical compound that forms in certain foods when exposed to high temperature
- actinogram — the record produced by the action of an actinograph.
- adamantane — a white crystalline alicyclic hydrocarbon, C 10 H 16 , consisting of four fused cyclohexane rings, with the carbon atoms arranged as in the diamond lattice.
- adamantine — very hard; unbreakable or unyielding
- additament — an addition
11 letter words containing am
- acclamation — Acclamation is a noisy or enthusiastic expression of approval for someone or something.
- acclamatory — a loud shout or other demonstration of welcome, goodwill, or approval.
- achlamydate — not chlamydate; having neither mantle nor pallium.
- adrammelech — one of the gods worshiped by the Sepharvites. II Kings 17:31. Compare Anammelech.
- aegospotami — a river of ancient Thrace that flowed into the Hellespont. At its mouth the Spartan fleet under Lysander defeated the Athenians in 405 bc, ending the Peloponnesian War
12 letter words containing am
- accelerogram — a graphic record in chart form, produced by an accelerograph in response to seismic ground motions.
- achlamydeous — (of flowers such as the willow) having neither petals nor sepals
- adam-and-eve — puttyroot
- aerodynamics — Aerodynamics is the study of the way in which objects move through the air.
- agamogenesis — asexual reproduction, such as fission or parthenogenesis
13 letter words containing am
- acatamathesia — the inability to understand what the senses detect, in particular conversation
- acetaminophen — a white crystalline powder, CH3CONHC6H4OH, used for reducing fever and relieving pain
- acetazolamide — a drug which operates by blocking the production of hydrogen ions and hydrogen carbonate, used to treat various conditions including epilepsy and glaucoma
- acetohexamide — (pharmaceutical drug) A sulfonylurea antidiabetic drug.
- adam's-needle — a North American liliaceous plant, Yucca filamentosa, that has a tall woody stem, stiff pointed leaves, and large clusters of white flowers arranged in spikes. It is cultivated as an ornamental plant
14 letter words containing am
- aerodynamicist — an expert in aerodynamics.
- amaranthaceous — of, relating to, or belonging to the Amaranthaceae (or Amarantaceae), a family of tropical and temperate herbaceous or shrubby flowering plants that includes the amaranths and cockscomb
- ambassadorship — a diplomatic official of the highest rank, sent by one sovereign or state to another as its resident representative (ambassador extraordinary and plenipotentiary)
- ambisinistrous — clumsy or unskillful with both hands.
- aminoglycoside — of or relating to amino sugars in glycosidic linkage.
15 letter words containing am
- adamawa-eastern — a branch of the Niger-Congo family of languages, centered in Nigeria, Cameroon, Chad, and the Central African Republic, including Sango and Zande.
- aerodynamically — the branch of mechanics that deals with the motion of air and other gases and with the effects of such motion on bodies in the medium. Compare aerostatics (def 1).
- amaryllidaceous — of, relating to, or belonging to the Amaryllidaceae, a family of widely cultivated flowering plants having bulbs and including the amaryllis, snowdrop, narcissus, and daffodil
- americanization — Americanization is the process by which people or countries become more and more similar to Americans and the United States.
- americanologist — a foreign expert or specialist in American cultural or political matters: a leading Americanologist in the Kremlin.
16 letter words containing am
- african-american — African-Americans are black people living in the United States who are descended from families that originally came from Africa.
- amidinohydrazone — any of a group of pesticides, originally developed as antimalarial and antitubercular drugs, that impair cell respiration in cockroaches, red ants, and other insects.
- aminocyclohexane — cyclohexylamine.
- aminotransferase — transaminase.
- ammonia-solution — a colorless, pungent, suffocating, highly water-soluble, gaseous compound, NH 3 , usually produced by the direct combination of nitrogen and hydrogen gases: used chiefly for refrigeration and in the manufacture of commercial chemicals and laboratory reagents.
17 letter words containing am
- american-flagfish — flagfish (def 1).
- aminoglutethimide — a hormone antagonist, C 13 H 16 N 2 O 2 , used in the treatment of Cushing's syndrome and breast cancer.
- anti-inflammatory — reducing inflammation
- benjamin-constant — Henri Benjamin [ahn-ree ban-zha-man] /ɑ̃ˈri bɛ̃ ʒaˈmɛ̃/ (Show IPA), (Benjamin Constant) 1767–1830, French statesman and author, born in Switzerland.
18 letter words containing am
- aerothermodynamics — the study of the exchange of heat between solids and gases, esp of the heating effect on aircraft flying through the air at very high speeds
- agammaglobulinemia — a condition of the blood, either congenital or acquired, in which there is near or complete absence of gamma globulin and a failure of the body to form antibodies, resulting in a frequent occurrence of infectious disease.
- ballistocardiogram — a tracing made by a ballistocardiograph
- beta-naphthylamine — a white to reddish, crystalline, water-soluble, extremely toxic solid, C 10 H 9 N, used chiefly in the manufacture of azo dyes.
19 letter words containing am
- ambassador-at-large — an ambassador with special duties who may be sent to more than one government
- anti-fundamentalism — (sometimes initial capital letter) a religious movement characterized by a strict belief in the literal interpretation of religious texts, especially within American Protestantism and Islam.
- anti-fundamentalist — (sometimes initial capital letter) a religious movement characterized by a strict belief in the literal interpretation of religious texts, especially within American Protestantism and Islam.
On this page, we collect all words with AM. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 10523 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains AM that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.