Words containing alum
4 letter words containing alum
- alum — An alum is the same as an alumnus.
5 letter words containing alum
6 letter words containing alum
7 letter words containing alum
- alumane — (inorganic compound) The compound aluminium hydride, AlH3.
- alumian — (mineral) natroalunite.
- alumina — an oxide of aluminum, Al2O3, present in bauxite and clay and found as different forms of corundum, including emery, sapphires, and rubies
- alumish — resembling alum
- alumium — (obsolete) Alternative name for aluminium / aluminum (the chemical element, symbol Al, with an atomic number of 13).
8 letter words containing alum
- aluminic — of or relating to aluminium
- aluminum — a silvery, lightweight, easily worked, metallic chemical element that resists corrosion and is found abundantly, but only in combination: symbol, Al; at. no., 13
- alumni's — a graduate or former student of a specific school, college, or university.
- alumroot — any of several North American plants of the saxifragaceous genus Heuchera, having small white, reddish, or green bell-shaped flowers and astringent roots
- calumets — Plural form of calumet.
9 letter words containing alum
- aluminate — a salt of the ortho or meta acid forms of aluminium hydroxide containing the ions AlO2– or AlO33–
- aluminise — To coat with a layer of aluminium.
- aluminite — a mineral, hydrous aluminum sulfate, Al 2 (SO 4)(OH) 4 ⋅7H 2 O, occurring in white, chalky masses.
- aluminium — Aluminium is a lightweight metal used, for example, for making cooking equipment and aircraft parts.
- aluminize — to cover with aluminium or aluminium paint
10 letter words containing alum
11 letter words containing alum
12 letter words containing alum
13 letter words containing alum
- aluminiferous — containing or yielding aluminium or alumina
- aluminography — algraphy.
- aluminothermy — a process for reducing metallic oxides using finely divided aluminium powder. The mixture of aluminium and the oxide is ignited, causing the aluminium to be oxidized and the metal oxide to be reduced to the metal
- alumosilicate — (inorganic chemistry) The anion [AlSiO4]-1.
- ferroaluminum — a ferroalloy containing up to 80 percent aluminum.
14 letter words containing alum
- aluminohydride — (inorganic compound) The univalent anion, AlH4-, present in such compounds as lithium aluminium hydride.
- alumosilicates — Plural form of alumosilicate.
- calumniousness — Calumny.
- potassium-alum — Also called potash alum, potassium alum. a crystalline solid, aluminum potassium sulfate, K 2 SO 4 ⋅Al 2 (SO 4) 3 ⋅24H 2 O, used in medicine as an astringent and styptic, in dyeing and tanning, and in many technical processes.
15 letter words containing alum
- aluminosilicate — a silicate in which some of the silicon in the tetrahedral unit SiO4 has been replaced by aluminium
16 letter words containing alum
- aluminosilicates — Plural form of aluminosilicate.
On this page, we collect all words with ALUM. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 108 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains ALUM that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.