Words containing aline
6 letter words containing aline
- alined — to arrange in a straight line; adjust according to a line.
- alines — (especially in women's clothing) a cut of garment consisting basically of two A -shaped panels for the front and back, designed to give increasing fullness toward the hemline.
- maline — Also, maline. a delicate net resembling tulle, originally made by hand in the town of Mechlin, Belgium.
- saline — of, containing, or resembling common table salt; salty or saltlike: a saline solution.
- valine — an essential amino acid, (CH 3) 2 CHCH(NH 2)COOH, white, crystalline, and water-soluble, present in most plant and animal proteins, required for growth. Symbol: V. Abbreviation: Val;
7 letter words containing aline
- adaline — (architecture) Name given by Widrow to adaptive linear neurons, that is neurons (see McCulloch-Pitts) which learn using the Widrow-Huff Delta Rule. See also Madaline.
- hyaline — Also, hyalin, H04/H0454500 hahy-uh-lin, ˈhaɪ ə lɪn. Biochemistry. a horny substance found in hydatid cysts, closely resembling chitin. a structureless, transparent substance found in cartilage, the eye, etc., resulting from the pathological degeneration of tissue.
- malines — French name of Mechlin.
- opaline — of or like opal; opalescent.
- praline — a French confection consisting of a caramel-covered almond or, sometimes, a hazelnut.
8 letter words containing aline
- alkaline — Something that is alkaline contains an alkali or has a pH value of more than 7.
- balinese — of or relating to Bali, its people, or their language
- bubaline — (of antelopes) relating to or resembling the bubal
- madaline — A structure of many ADALINE units.
- petaline — pertaining to or resembling a petal.
9 letter words containing aline
- alinement — an adjustment to a line; arrangement in a straight line.
- bengaline — a heavy corded fabric, esp silk with woollen or cotton cord
- crotaline — of or relating to rattlesnakes (Crotalinae)
- harmaline — a chemical derived from the harmala plant, used as a hallucinogen or used in conjunction with other hallucinogens
- isohaline — a line on a map of the ocean connecting all points of equal salinity.
10 letter words containing aline
- adrenaline — a hormone that is secreted by the adrenal medulla in response to stress and increases heart rate, pulse rate, and blood pressure, and raises the blood levels of glucose and lipids. It is extracted from animals or synthesized for such medical uses as the treatment of asthma. Chemical name: aminohydroxyphenylpropionic acid; formula: C9H13NO3
- alineation — the aligning or positioning of objects in a straight line
- amygdaline — of or relating to a tonsil
- corydaline — an alkaloid, C22H27NO4, that is found in the roots of certain plants of the genus Corydalis
- dessalines — Jean-Jacques (ʒɑ̃ ʒɑk). ?1758–1806, emperor of Haiti (1804–06) after driving out the French; assassinated
11 letter words containing aline
- antalkaline — neutralizing an alkali or counteracting alkalinity
- hypersaline — of, containing, or resembling common table salt; salty or saltlike: a saline solution.
- naphthaline — Naphthalene.
- quinoxaline — a colorless, crystalline, water-soluble powder, C 8 H 6 N 2 , used chiefly in organic synthesis.
- stenohaline — (of an aquatic organism) unable to withstand wide variation in salinity of the surrounding water.
12 letter words containing aline
13 letter words containing aline
- noradrenaline — norepinephrine.
15 letter words containing aline
- benzoglyoxaline — benzimidazole.
On this page, we collect all words with ALINE. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 63 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains ALINE that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.