Words containing ali
3 letter words containing ali
- ali — ?600–661 ad, fourth caliph of Islam (656–61 ad), considered the first caliph by the Shiites: cousin and son-in-law of Mohammed
4 letter words containing ali
- alif — the first letter of the Arabic alphabet
- alit — alight1
- bali — an island in Indonesia, east of Java: mountainous, rising over 3000 m (10 000 ft). Capital: Denpasar. Pop: 3 151 162 (2000). Area: 5558 sq km (2146 sq miles)
- cali — a city in SW Colombia: commercial centre in a rich agricultural region. Pop: 2 583 000 (2005 est)
- dali — Salvador (ˈsælvədɔː). 1904–89, Spanish surrealist painter
5 letter words containing ali
- aalii — a bushy sapindaceous shrub, Dodonaea viscosa, of Australia, Hawaii, Africa, and tropical America, having small greenish flowers and sticky foliage
- alias — An alias is a false name, especially one used by a criminal.
- alibi — If you have an alibi, you can prove that you were somewhere else when a crime was committed.
- alice — a feminine name: dim. Elsie; var. Alicia
- alick — a male given name, form of Alexander.
6 letter words containing ali
7 letter words containing ali
- agalite — a fibrous variety of talc.
- aliases — a false name used to conceal one's identity; an assumed name: The police files indicate that “Smith” is an alias for Simpson.
- alidade — a surveying instrument used in plane-tabling for drawing lines of sight on a distant object and taking angular measurements
- alienee — a person to whom a transfer of property is made
- aliener — a person who transfers property.
8 letter words containing ali
- aliakmon — a river in N Greece. 200 miles (322 km) long: longest river in Greece.
- aliasing — the error in a vision or sound signal arising from limitations in the system that generates or processes the signal
- alicante — a port in SE Spain: commercial centre. Pop: 305 911 (2003 est)
- alienage — the legal status of an alien
- alienate — If you alienate someone, you make them become unfriendly or unsympathetic towards you.
9 letter words containing ali
- acephalic — having no head or one that is reduced and indistinct
- actualise — to make actual or real; turn into action or fact.
- actualism — the doctrine that all reality is animate or in motion.
- actuality — Actuality is the state of really existing rather than being imagined.
- actualize — to make actual or real
10 letter words containing ali
- abalienate — (civil law, transitive) To transfer the title of from one to another; to alienate.
- abmodality — the differing of a measurable trait in an individual case from the mean for a population.
- acausality — having no cause.
- actualité — humorous word for truth
- adrenaline — a hormone that is secreted by the adrenal medulla in response to stress and increases heart rate, pulse rate, and blood pressure, and raises the blood levels of glucose and lipids. It is extracted from animals or synthesized for such medical uses as the treatment of asthma. Chemical name: aminohydroxyphenylpropionic acid; formula: C9H13NO3
11 letter words containing ali
- abnormality — An abnormality in something, especially in a person's body or behaviour, is an unusual part or feature of it that may be worrying or dangerous.
- abnormalize — to make abnormal.
- actualistic — the doctrine that all reality is animate or in motion.
- adrenalitis — (pathology) Inflammation of one or both adrenal glands, leading to an insufficiency of cortisol and/or aldosterone.
- adrenalized — tense or highly charged
12 letter words containing ali
- aboriginalia — objects from Aboriginal culture used as decorations, esp when they produce a distorted, sentimental view of Aborigines and Aboriginal history
- adrenalizing — to stir to action; excite: The promise of victory adrenalized the team.
- alimentation — sustenance; support
- alimentative — nourishing; nutritive.
- alkalization — Alkalinization.
13 letter words containing ali
- abnormalities — an abnormal condition, state, or quality; irregularity; deviation.
- aboriginality — the state of being Aboriginal, esp with regard to having a common Aboriginal culture
- accidentalism — the state of being accidental
- actualization — the act or process of actualizing.
- additionality — (in Britain) the principle that money raised by the National Lottery should only be spent on projects that would not otherwise be funded by government spending
14 letter words containing ali
- aguascalientes — a state in central Mexico. Pop: 943 506 (2000). Area: 5471 sq km (2112 sq miles)
- anti-formalist — strict adherence to, or observance of, prescribed or traditional forms, as in music, poetry, and art.
- anti-socialist — a person who opposes socialism.
- anti-sociality — unwilling or unable to associate in a normal or friendly way with other people: He's not antisocial, just shy.
- anticapitalist — opposed to or against the principles or practice of capitalism
15 letter words containing ali
- agriculturalist — An agriculturalist is someone who is an expert on agriculture and who advises farmers.
- anti-capitalism — an economic system in which investment in and ownership of the means of production, distribution, and exchange of wealth is made and maintained chiefly by private individuals or corporations, especially as contrasted to cooperatively or state-owned means of wealth.
- anti-federalism — U.S. History. a member or supporter of the Antifederal party.
- anti-globalizer — a political activist who challenges the concept of globalization and promotes practices that do not cause environmental damage
- anti-liberalism — the quality or state of being liberal, as in behavior or attitude.
16 letter words containing ali
- acetylsalicylate — a salt or ester of acetylsalicylic acid.
- anglo-australian — belonging, relating to, or involving England and Australia, or the people of the two countries.
- anti-egalitarian — asserting, resulting from, or characterized by belief in the equality of all people, especially in political, economic, or social life.
- anti-federalists — U.S. History. a member or supporter of the Antifederal party.
- anti-imperialist — opposed to imperialism
17 letter words containing ali
- anti-totalitarian — of or relating to a centralized government that does not tolerate parties of differing opinion and that exercises dictatorial control over many aspects of life.
- circumstantiality — the quality of being circumstantial
- commercialization — to make commercial in character, methods, or spirit.
- conceptualisation — The act of conceptualising, or something conceptualised.
- conceptualization — to form into a concept; make a concept of.
18 letter words containing ali
- agro-industrialize — to industrialize the agriculture of: to agro-industrialize a developing nation.
- anti-commercialism — the principles, practices, and spirit of commerce.
- anti-globalization — a political belief opposed to the emergence of a single world market dominated by multinational companies
- california-fuchsia — a plant belonging to the genus Fuchsia, of the evening primrose family, including many varieties cultivated for their handsome drooping flowers.
- conditionalization — the derivation from an argument of a conditional statement with the conjunction of the premises as antecedent and the conclusion as consequent. If the argument is valid, conditionalization yields a truth
19 letter words containing ali
- alice-in-wonderland — fantastic; irrational
- anarcho-syndicalism — syndicalism.
- anarcho-syndicalist — syndicalism.
- anti-fundamentalism — (sometimes initial capital letter) a religious movement characterized by a strict belief in the literal interpretation of religious texts, especially within American Protestantism and Islam.
- anti-fundamentalist — (sometimes initial capital letter) a religious movement characterized by a strict belief in the literal interpretation of religious texts, especially within American Protestantism and Islam.
20 letter words containing ali
- abetalipoproteinemia — a rare inherited disorder of fat metabolism due to an inability to synthesize certain apolipoproteins necessary for the transport of triglycerides, leading to diarrhea, steatorrhea, and failure to thrive.
- anti-intellectualism — a feeling of hostility and dislike towards intellectuals and intellectual activities
- anti-supernaturalism — supernatural character or agency.
- chevalier-montrachet — a white wine from Burgundy.
- compartmentalization — to divide into categories or compartments.
21 letter words containing ali
- deprovincialization's — to make provincial in character.
22 letter words containing ali
- agro-industrialization — to industrialize the agriculture of: to agro-industrialize a developing nation.
- deinstitutionalization — to release (a person with mental or physical disabilities) from a hospital, asylum, home, or other institution with the intention of providing treatment, support, or rehabilitation primarily through community resources under the supervision of health-care professionals or facilities.
23 letter words containing ali
24 letter words containing ali
- hyperbetalipoproteinemia — An abnormally high level of betalipoprotein in the blood.
On this page, we collect all words with ALI. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 4401 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains ALI that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.