Words containing alam
4 letter words containing alam
- alam — (language) A language for symbolic mathematics, especially General Relativity. See also CLAM.
5 letter words containing alam
6 letter words containing alam
7 letter words containing alam
- alameda — a public walk or promenade lined with trees, often poplars
- alamein — a town on the N coast of Egypt, about 70 miles (113 km) W of Alexandria: decisive British victory October 1942.
- alamine — a straight-chain or branched-chain fatty amine of high molecular weight, or a mixture of such amines: these amines are used as corrosion inhibitors, emulsifiers, etc.
- alamode — a soft light silk used for shawls and dresses, esp in the 19th century
- alamort — exhausted, half-dead
8 letter words containing alam
- alamanni — a confederation of Germanic tribes, first recorded in the 3rd century a.d., that settled in the area between the Rhine, Main, and Danube rivers, and made harassing attacks against the Roman Empire.
- alamiqui — almique (def 3).
- calamari — Calamari is squid that has been prepared for eating, usually by cutting it into rings, dipping it in a mixture of flour, milk and eggs, and frying it.
- calamary — a squid: so called from its pen-shaped skeleton
- calamine — Calamine is a liquid that you can put on your skin when it is sore or itchy.
9 letter words containing alam
10 letter words containing alam
- alamogordo — city in S N.Mex.: pop. 36,000: site of testing range where first atomic bomb was exploded (July, 1945)
- calamander — the hard black-and-brown striped wood of several trees of the genus Diospyros, esp D. quaesita of India and Sri Lanka, used in making furniture: family Ebenaceae
- calamities — a great misfortune or disaster, as a flood or serious injury.
- calamitous — If you describe an event or situation as calamitous, you mean it is very unfortunate or serious.
- calamondin — a small citrus tree, Citrus mitis, of the Philippines
11 letter words containing alam
- calamondins — Plural form of calamondin.
- epithalamia — Plural form of epithalamium.
- epithalamic — Belonging to, or designed for, an epithalamium.
- epithalamus — A part of the dorsal forebrain including the pineal gland and a region in the roof of the third ventricle of the brain.
- hypothalami — Plural form of hypothalamus.
12 letter words containing alam
13 letter words containing alam
14 letter words containing alam
- cyanocobalamin — a complex red crystalline compound, containing cyanide and cobalt and occurring in liver: lack of it in the tissues leads to pernicious anaemia. Formula: C63H88O14N14PCo
- hypothalamus's — a region of the brain, between the thalamus and the midbrain, that functions as the main control center for the autonomic nervous system by regulating sleep cycles, body temperature, appetite, etc., and that acts as an endocrine gland by producing hormones, including the releasing factors that control the hormonal secretions of the pituitary gland.
15 letter words containing alam
16 letter words containing alam
On this page, we collect all words with ALAM. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 104 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains ALAM that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.