Words containing ala
3 letter words containing ala
- ala — a wing or flat winglike process or structure, such as a part of some bones and cartilages
4 letter words containing ala
- alae — plural of ala.
- alai — a mountain range in central Asia, in SW Kyrgyzstan, running from the Tian Shan range in China into Tajikistan. Average height: 4800 m (16 000 ft), rising over 5850 m (19 500 ft)
- alam — (language) A language for symbolic mathematics, especially General Relativity. See also CLAM.
- alan — a common male first name
- alap — a style of Indian vocal music without words
5 letter words containing ala
- akala — a Hawaiian shrub or climber, Rubus macraei, bearing a large, red, edible raspberry.
- alack — used to express regret, surprise, dismay, etc.
- alala — a dull, brownish-tinged crow that occurs only in Hawaii.
- alamo — Franciscan mission at San Antonio, Tex.: scene of a siege and massacre of Texans by Mexican troops (1836)
- aland — to land, on land, ashore
6 letter words containing ala
- aladin — 1. (language) A Language for Attributed Definitions. 2. (tool) An interactive mathematics system for the IBM 360.
- alagez — Aragats
- alagna — Roberto. born 1963, Italian opera singer, born in France; a lyric tenor
- alagoz — Turkish name of Mount Aragats.
- alalia — a complete inability to speak; mutism
7 letter words containing ala
- ala-tau — several mountain ranges of the Tien Shan system in E Kyrgyzstan and SE Kazakhstan. Highest peak, 18,000 feet (5490 meters).
- alabama — a state of the southeastern US, on the Gulf of Mexico: consists of coastal and W lowlands crossed by the Tombigbee, Black Warrior, and Alabama Rivers, with parts of the Tennessee Valley and Cumberland Plateau in the north; noted for producing cotton and white marble. Capital: Montgomery. Pop: 4 500 752 (2003 est). Area: 131 333 sq km (50 708 sq miles)
- aladdin — (in The Arabian Nights' Entertainments) a poor youth who obtains a magic lamp and ring, with which he summons genies who grant his wishes
- alagoas — a state in NE Brazil, on the Atlantic coast. Capital: Maceió. Pop: 2 887 535 (2002). Area: 30 776 sq km (11 031 sq miles)
- alameda — a public walk or promenade lined with trees, often poplars
8 letter words containing ala
- agartala — a city in NE India, capital of the state of Tripura. Pop: 189 327 (2001)
- alachlor — a herbicide in the chloroacetanilide family
- alacrity — If you do something with alacrity, you do it quickly and eagerly.
- alajuela — a city in central Costa Rica.
- alamanni — a confederation of Germanic tribes, first recorded in the 3rd century a.d., that settled in the area between the Rhine, Main, and Danube rivers, and made harassing attacks against the Roman Empire.
9 letter words containing ala
- achalasia — failure of the cardiac sphincter of the oesophagus to relax, resulting in difficulty in swallowing
- agalactia — absence or failure of secretion of milk
- alabamian — of or relating to Alabama or its inhabitants
- alabamine — (formerly) astatine. Symbol: Ab.
- alabaster — Alabaster is a white stone that is used for making statues, vases, and ornaments.
10 letter words containing ala
- alabandite — a mineral form of manganese sulphide (MnS) with cubic crystals
- alabastron — a jar characteristically having an elongated shape, narrow neck, flat-rimmed mouth, and rounded base requiring a stand or support, chiefly used for fragrant ointments.
- alabastrum — alabastron.
- alacritous — cheerful readiness, promptness, or willingness: We accepted the invitation with alacrity.
- alamogordo — city in S N.Mex.: pop. 36,000: site of testing range where first atomic bomb was exploded (July, 1945)
11 letter words containing ala
- alabastrine — a finely granular variety of gypsum, often white and translucent, used for ornamental objects or work, such as lamp bases, figurines, etc.
- alaska-crab — horseshoe crab.
- antimalaria — acting against or preventing malaria
- appalachian — of, from, or relating to the Appalachian Mountains
- atchafalaya — a river in S central Louisiana, flowing S to an inlet (Atchafalaya Bay) on the Gulf of Mexico; a heavily engineered distributary of the Mississippi. 225 miles (362 km).
12 letter words containing ala
- alalcomeneus — the first man: he reared Athena and reconciled Zeus and Hera.
- alveopalatal — articulated with the blade or front of the tongue approaching or touching the front of the hard palate near its junction with the alveolar ridge; having a primary palatal articulation and a secondary alveolar articulation.
- anticatalase — a substance that inhibits the enzymatic action of a catalase.
- antihalation — a process by which light, passing through the emulsion on a film or plate, is not reflected back into it but is absorbed by a layer of dye or pigment, usually on the back of the film, thus preventing halation
- antimalarial — effective in the treatment of malaria
13 letter words containing ala
- amphithalamus — (in an ancient Greek house) a room adjoining the thalamus.
- amygdalaceous — similar to or derived from the almond
- appealability — an earnest request for aid, support, sympathy, mercy, etc.; entreaty; petition; plea.
- azurmalachite — a blue-green ornamental stone consisting of a mixture of azurite and malachite.
- baccalaureate — The baccalaureate is an examination taken by students at the age of eighteen in France and some other countries.
14 letter words containing ala
- alain-fournier — real name Henri-Alban Fournier. 1886–1914, French novelist; author of Le Grand Meaulnes (1913; translated as The Lost Domain, 1959)
- alveolopalatal — articulated with the blade or front of the tongue approaching or touching the front of the hard palate near its junction with the alveolar ridge; having a primary palatal articulation and a secondary alveolar articulation.
- aurothiomalate — (chemistry) A thiomalate with the addition of gold.
- baccalaureates — Plural form of baccalaureate.
- chondromalacia — degeneration of cartilage in the knee, usually caused by excessive wear between the patella and lower end of the femur.
15 letter words containing ala
- acanthocephalan — any of the parasitic wormlike invertebrates of the phylum Acanthocephala, the adults of which have a spiny proboscis and live in the intestines of vertebrates
- balanoposthitis — An inflammation of the glans penis and the prepuce.
- congealableness — the quality of being congealable
- contralaterally — In a contralateral manner.
- corticothalamic — Of or pertaining to the cortex and the thalamus.
16 letter words containing ala
- acanthocephalans — Plural form of acanthocephalan.
- asalam-wa-leikum — a salutation used in India
- counterbalancing — Present participle of counterbalance.
- encephalomalacia — (medicine) A localized softening of the brain substance, due to hemorrhage or inflammation.
- malacostracology — (obsolete) carcinology, the study of crustaceans.
17 letter words containing ala
- betagalactosidase — any of a family of enzymes capable of liberating galactose from carbohydrates.
- infralapsarianism — the doctrine, held by Augustinians and by many Calvinists, that God planned the Creation, permitted the Fall, elected a chosen number, planned their redemption, and suffered the remainder to be eternally punished (opposed to supralapsarianism).
- maladministration — to administer or manage badly or inefficiently: The mayor was a bungler who maladministered the city budget.
- malayo-polynesian — a family of languages extending from Madagascar to the central Pacific, including Malagasy, Malay, Indonesian, Tagalog, and Polynesian
- palaeoarchaeology — the branch of archaeology concerned with the earliest fossil remains
18 letter words containing ala
- micropalaeontology — the branch of palaeontology concerned with the study of microscopic fossils
- nord-pas-de-calais — a region of N France, on the Straits of Dover (the Pas de Calais): coal-mining, textile, and metallurgical industries
- palaeoanthropology — the branch of anthropology concerned with primitive man
19 letter words containing ala
- electropalatography — the study of the movements of the tongue during speech using touch-sensitive electrodes in the mouth linked to a computer
- metatarsophalangeal — (anatomy) Relating to the metatarsus and phalange.
- palaeoethnobotanist — someone who studies fossil seeds and grains to further archaeological knowledge, esp of the domestication of cereals
20 letter words containing ala
- rhineland-palatinate — a state in W Germany: formerly part of Rhine Province. 7655 sq. mi. (19,825 sq. km). Capital: Mainz.
On this page, we collect all words with ALA. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 1393 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains ALA that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.