Words containing al
3 letter words containing al
4 letter words containing al
- agal — (among Arabs) a cord wound around a kaffiyeh to hold it in place.
- alae — plural of ala.
- alai — a mountain range in central Asia, in SW Kyrgyzstan, running from the Tian Shan range in China into Tajikistan. Average height: 4800 m (16 000 ft), rising over 5850 m (19 500 ft)
- alan — a common male first name
- alap — a style of Indian vocal music without words
5 letter words containing al
- aalii — a bushy sapindaceous shrub, Dodonaea viscosa, of Australia, Hawaii, Africa, and tropical America, having small greenish flowers and sticky foliage
- aalst — city in WC Belgium, near Brussels: pop. 76,000
- aalto — Alvar (ˈalvar). 1898–1976, Finnish architect and furniture designer, noted particularly for his public and industrial buildings, in which wood is much used. He invented bent plywood furniture (1932)
- acral — Of or pertaining to peripheral body parts, such as toes and fingers.
- akala — a Hawaiian shrub or climber, Rubus macraei, bearing a large, red, edible raspberry.
6 letter words containing al
- aboral — away from or opposite the mouth
- acetal — 1,1-diethoxyethane; a colourless volatile liquid used as a solvent and in perfumes. Formula: CH3CH(OC2H5)2
- actual — You use actual to emphasize that you are referring to something real or genuine.
- adoral — Relating to or denoting the side or end where the mouth is situated, especially in animals, such as echinoderms, that lack clear upper and lower sides.
- aerial — You talk about aerial attacks and aerial photographs to indicate that people or things on the ground are attacked or photographed by people in aeroplanes.
7 letter words containing al
- aalborg — a city and port in Denmark, in N Jutland. Pop: 121 549 (2004 est)
- abalone — Abalone is a shellfish that you can eat and that has a shiny substance called mother-of-pearl inside its shell.
- abaxial — facing away from the axis, as the surface of a leaf
- absalom — the third son of David, who rebelled against his father and was eventually killed by Joab (II Samuel 15–18)
- abuttal — abuttals. those parts of one piece of land that abut on adjacent lands; boundaries. Also, buttals. Law. the boundary lines of a piece of land in relation to adjacent lands.
8 letter words containing al
- aalesund — a seaport in W Norway.
- abalones — a large mollusk of the genus Haliotis, having a bowllike shell bearing a row of respiratory holes, the flesh of which is used for food and the shell for ornament and as a source of mother-of-pearl.
- abapical — away from or opposite the apex
- abbatial — of or relating to an abbot, abbess, or abbey
- abnormal — Someone or something that is abnormal is unusual, especially in a way that is worrying.
9 letter words containing al
- aaronical — Aaronic.
- abactinal — (of organisms showing radial symmetry) situated away from or opposite to the mouth; aboral
- abdominal — Abdominal is used to describe something that is situated in the abdomen or forms part of it.
- abysmally — of or like an abyss; immeasurably deep or great.
- acalculia — an inability to make simple mathematical calculations
10 letter words containing al
- abacterial — not caused by or characterized by the presence of bacteria
- abalienate — (civil law, transitive) To transfer the title of from one to another; to alienate.
- abdominals — You can refer to your abdominal muscles as your abdominals when you are talking about exercise.
- abmodality — the differing of a measurable trait in an individual case from the mean for a population.
- abnormalcy — abnormality.
11 letter words containing al
- abderhalden — Emil [ey-meel] /ˈeɪ mil/ (Show IPA), 1877–1950, Swiss chemist and physiologist.
- abdominally — of, in, on, or for the abdomen: abdominal wall; abdominal pains.
- abiological — not involving living organisms
- abiotically — in a way that involves the absence of life or the absence of living forms
- abnormality — An abnormality in something, especially in a person's body or behaviour, is an unusual part or feature of it that may be worrying or dangerous.
12 letter words containing al
- aberrational — characterized by aberration
- aboriginalia — objects from Aboriginal culture used as decorations, esp when they produce a distorted, sentimental view of Aborigines and Aboriginal history
- aboriginally — of, relating to, or typical of aborigines: aboriginal customs.
- academically — in relation to an academy
- accidentally — happening by chance or accident; not planned; unexpected: an accidental meeting.
13 letter words containing al
- abnormalities — an abnormal condition, state, or quality; irregularity; deviation.
- aboriginality — the state of being Aboriginal, esp with regard to having a common Aboriginal culture
- accidentalism — the state of being accidental
- acquisitional — relating to the act of acquisition
- acronymically — in an acronymic manner
14 letter words containing al
- adrenocortical — relating to the adrenal cortex
- aeroballistics — the ballistics of projectiles dropped, launched, or fired from aircraft
- aetiologically — etiology.
- agriculturally — the science, art, or occupation concerned with cultivating land, raising crops, and feeding, breeding, and raising livestock; farming.
- aguascalientes — a state in central Mexico. Pop: 943 506 (2000). Area: 5471 sq km (2112 sq miles)
15 letter words containing al
- acanthocephalan — any of the parasitic wormlike invertebrates of the phylum Acanthocephala, the adults of which have a spiny proboscis and live in the intestines of vertebrates
- aerodynamically — the branch of mechanics that deals with the motion of air and other gases and with the effects of such motion on bodies in the medium. Compare aerostatics (def 1).
- agriculturalist — An agriculturalist is someone who is an expert on agriculture and who advises farmers.
- agro-industrial — the large-scale production, processing, and packaging of food using modern equipment and methods.
- al-iskandariyah — Arabic name of Alexandria.
16 letter words containing al
18 letter words containing al
19 letter words containing al
20 letter words containing al
- abetalipoproteinemia — a rare inherited disorder of fat metabolism due to an inability to synthesize certain apolipoproteins necessary for the transport of triglycerides, leading to diarrhea, steatorrhea, and failure to thrive.
21 letter words containing al
- aleksandr-nikolaevich — Alexander (Aleksandr Nikolaevich) 1899–1977, Russian pianist and composer, in the U.S.
22 letter words containing al
- agro-industrialization — to industrialize the agriculture of: to agro-industrialize a developing nation.
On this page, we collect all words with AL. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 31465 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains AL that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.