Words containing ah
2 letter words containing ah
- ah — Ah is used in writing to represent a noise that people make in conversation, for example to acknowledge or draw attention to something, or to express surprise or disappointment.
3 letter words containing ah
4 letter words containing ah
- adah — one of the two wives of Lamech. Gen. 4:19.
- ahab — the king of Israel from approximately 869 to 850 bc and husband of Jezebel: rebuked by Elijah (I Kings 16:29–22:40)
- ahaz — a king of Judah, 735?–715? b.c. II Kings 16; II Chron. 28:9.
- ahdl — Analog Hardware Design Language
- ahem — In writing, ahem is used to show that someone is being ironic. Ahem is also used to show that someone wants to get another person's attention.
5 letter words containing ah
- aahed — Simple past tense and past participle of aah.
- admah — one of the cities that was destroyed along with Sodom and Gomorrah. Deut. 29:23.
- adnah — a Manassite deserter from Saul's to David's army. I Chron. 12:20.
- ahead — Something that is ahead is in front of you. If you look ahead, you look directly in front of you.
- aheap — in a heap
6 letter words containing ah
- achsah — the daughter of Caleb who was promised in marriage to the conqueror of the city of Debir. Josh. 15:16–19; Judges 1:12–15.
- ahidjo — Ahmadou [ah-mah-doo] /ɑ mɑˈdu/ (Show IPA), 1924–1989, statesman: president of Cameroon 1960–82.
- ahimsa — (in Hindu, Buddhist, and Jainist philosophy) the law of reverence for, and nonviolence to, every form of life
- ahmadi — a member of the Ahmadiya.
- ahmose — 1580–1557 b.c, founder of the New Kingdom of ancient Egypt.
7 letter words containing ah
- -aholic — one who exhibits an obsessive need for or interest in (something specified)
- abraham — the first of the patriarchs, the father of Isaac and the founder of the Hebrew people (Genesis 11–25)
- aggadah — a homiletic passage of the Talmud
- ahaziah — a son of Ahab and his successor as king of Israel, reigned 853?–852? b.c. I Kings 22:40.
- aheight — at a significant height
8 letter words containing ah
- abdullah — 1882–1951, emir of Transjordan (1921–46) and first king of Jordan (1946–51). He joined the Arab revolt against Turkish rule in World War I; assassinated 1951
- adonijah — a son of David, put to death at the order of Solomon. II Sam. 3:4; I Kings 2:19–25.
- ahankara — the false identification of the purusha, or true inner self, with the body, the mind, or the outside world.
- ahemeral — not constituting a full 24-hour day
- ahmadiya — a modern sect, divided into an older group (Qadianis) and a newer group (Lahore party)
9 letter words containing ah
- aggadatah — any traditional homiletic interpretation of scripture
- ahasuerus — a king of ancient Persia and husband of Esther, generally identified with Xerxes
- ahimelech — a priest who was killed by Saul for helping David. I Sam. 21:1–9; 22:9–23.
- ahistoric — not related to or concerned with documented history
- ahmedabad — a city in W India, in Gujarat: famous for its mosque. Pop: 3 515 361 (2001)
10 letter words containing ah
- ahithophel — a member of David's council, who became one of Absalom's advisers in his rebellion and hanged himself when his advice was overruled (II Samuel 15:12–17:23)
- ahmadiyyah — a messianic Islamic sect founded in Qadian, India, in 1889 by Mirza Ghulam Ahmad; it split into two branches in 1914
- ahmednagar — a city in W India, in Maharashtra: formerly one of the kingdoms of Deccan. Pop: 307 455 (2001)
- ahorseback — on horseback
- ahvenanmaa — group of Finn. islands at the entrance to the Gulf of Bothnia: 590 sq mi (1,528 sq km); pop. 25,000
11 letter words containing ah
- ahistorical — not related to history; not historical
- ahmadinejad — Mahmoud (mæhˈmuːd). born 1956, Iranian politician; president of Iran (2005–13)
- brahmachari — a student of the Vedas, especially one committed to brahmacharya.
- brahmajnana — jnana.
- brahmaputra — a river in S Asia, rising in SW Tibet as the Tsangpo and flowing through the Himalayas and NE India to join the Ganges at its delta in Bangladesh. Length: about 2900 km (1800 miles)
12 letter words containing ah
- abel-meholah — a city in ancient Palestine, east of the Jordan River: the home of Elisha. Judges 7:22; I Kings 4:12; 19:16.
- brahmacharya — the stage of life of the student, entailing study of the Vedas and complete celibacy, usually lasting for twelve years.
- chickahominy — a member of a North American Indian tribe of the Powhatan confederacy that inhabited eastern Virginia.
- chiliahedron — a thousand-sided polyhedron
- decahydrates — Plural form of decahydrate.
13 letter words containing ah
- ahistorically — In an ahistorical way.
- brahma-vihara — a meeting place of Buddhist monks.
- chattahoochee — river flowing from N Ga. southward along the Ga.-Ala. border into the Apalachicola: 436 mi (702 km)
- decahistidine — An oligopeptide consisting of ten histidine moieties.
- dodecahedrane — (organic compound) One of the Platonic hydrocarbons, C20H20, having the carbon atoms at the vertices of a regular dodecahedron.
14 letter words containing ah
- blah-blah-blah — and so on; and so forth.
- bremsstrahlung — the radiation produced when an electrically charged particle, esp an electron, is slowed down by the electric field of an atomic nucleus or an atomic ion
- caloosahatchee — a river in S Florida, flowing W to the Gulf of Mexico near Fort Myers. 75 miles (121 km) long.
- diaheliotropic — exhibiting diaheliotropism
- straight-ahead — not deviating from what is usual or expected; conventional or traditional; standard: a straight-ahead novel with a happy ending.
15 letter words containing ah
- al-iskandariyah — Arabic name of Alexandria.
- diaheliotropism — the tendency among plants to respond to the light of the sun by orienting their leaves perpendicular to the sun's rays, such that the upper surface of the leaves receives maximum light
- docosahexaenoic — Of or pertaining to docosahexaenoic acid or its derivatives.
- hexahydrothymol — menthol.
- mahrisch-ostrau — German name of Moravská Ostrava.
16 letter words containing ah
17 letter words containing ah
18 letter words containing ah
20 letter words containing ah
- decahydronaphthalene — a colorless, aromatic liquid, C 10 H 18 , insoluble in water and soluble in alcohol and ether: used as a solvent for oils, fats, etc., in cleaning fluids, lubricants, etc.
- tetrahydrocannabinol — a compound, C 21 H 30 O 2 , that is the physiologically active component in cannabis preparations (marijuana, hashish, etc.) derived from the Indian hemp plant or produced synthetically. Abbreviation: THC.
- tetrahydrogestrinone — a synthetic anabolic steroid. Formula: C21H28O2
23 letter words containing ah
- icosidodecadodecahedron — A polyhedron having 44 faces, 60 vertices, 120 edges, 12 self intersected faces and 12 nonconvex faces.
On this page, we collect all words with AH. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 1241 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains AH that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.