Words containing ago
3 letter words containing ago
- ago — You use ago when you are referring to past time. For example, if something happened one year ago, it is one year since it happened. If it happened a long time ago, it is a long time since it happened.
4 letter words containing ago
- agog — If you are agog, you are excited about something, and eager to know more about it.
- agon — (in ancient Greece) a festival at which competitors contended for prizes. Among the best known were the Olympic, Pythian, Nemean, and Isthmian Games
- dago — a member of a Latin race, esp a Spaniard or Portuguese
- iago — the villain in Shakespeare's Othello.
- kago — (in Japan) a small basketwork palanquin strung from a pole each end of which rests on the shoulder of a bearer.
5 letter words containing ago
6 letter words containing ago
- agogic — Music. stress given to a note through prolonged duration.
- agogos — Plural form of agogo.
- agoing — in motion
- agonal — relating to agony, esp before death
- agones — (in ancient Greece) a contest in which prizes were awarded in any of a number of events, as athletics, drama, music, poetry, and painting.
7 letter words containing ago
- -agogue — indicating a person or thing that leads or incites to action
- agogics — Music. stress given to a note through prolonged duration.
- agonies — extreme and generally prolonged pain; intense physical or mental suffering.
- agonise — to suffer extreme pain or anguish; be in agony.
- agonism — Competitive struggle (especially political).
8 letter words containing ago
- -phagous — that eats (something specified)
- agonised — Simple past tense and past participle of agonise.
- agonists — Plural form of agonist.
- agonized — Agonized describes something that you say or do when you are in great physical or mental pain.
- agonizes — Third-person singular simple present indicative form of agonize.
9 letter words containing ago
- agonising — to suffer extreme pain or anguish; be in agony.
- agonistes — a person enduring an inner struggle
- agonistic — striving for effect; strained
- agonizing — Something that is agonizing causes you to feel great physical or mental pain.
- analagous — Misspelling of analogous, common other spelling.
10 letter words containing ago
- agonistics — The range of activities associated with aggressive encounters between members of the same species, including threat, attack, appeasement, or retreat.
- agonizedly — in an agonized way
- agoraphobe — a person suffering from agoraphobia
- anagogical — of or relating to an anagoge.
- anaxagoras — ?500–428 bc, Greek philosopher who maintained that all things were composed of minute particles arranged by an eternal intelligence
11 letter words containing ago
- agonisingly — Alternative spelling of agonizingly.
- agonistical — relating to conflict or struggle
- agonizingly — accompanied by, filled with, or resulting in agony or distress: We spent an agonizing hour waiting to hear if the accident had been serious or not.
- agonothetes — a person who presided over the ancient Olympic Games
- agoraphobia — an abnormal fear of being in open or public places
12 letter words containing ago
- andragogical — the methods or techniques used to teach adults: Many educators believe that the principles of andragogy, as advanced by Malcolm Knowles, have great relevance to adult education; others are not so certain.
- antagonising — Present participle of antagonise.
- antagonistic — If a person is antagonistic to someone or something, they show hatred or dislike towards them.
- antagonizing — to make hostile or unfriendly; make an enemy or antagonist of: His speech antagonized many voters.
- anthophagous — That feeds on flowers.
13 letter words containing ago
- agonistically — in an agonistic manner
- archipelagoes — Plural form of archipelago.
- chandernagore — a port in E India, in S West Bengal on the Hooghly River: a former French settlement (1686–1950). Pop: 162 166 (2001)
- clinodiagonal — the diagonal axis of a monoclinic crystal
- contrafagotto — a contrabassoon
14 letter words containing ago
- antagonistical — Alternative form of antagonistic.
- antagonization — to make hostile or unfriendly; make an enemy or antagonist of: His speech antagonized many voters.
- brachydiagonal — the shorter lateral axis of a rhombic prism
- deuteragonists — Plural form of deuteragonist.
- diagonalisable — (of a square matrix or linear map) able to be diagonalised
15 letter words containing ago
- anthropophagous — Who practices anthropophagy.
- bacteriophagous — Pertaining to the predation and consumption of bacterium.
- blagoveshchensk — a city and port in E Russia, in Siberia on the Amur River. Pop: 222 000 (2005 est)
- diagonalisation — (UK) In matrix algebra, the process of converting a square matrix into a diagonal matrix, usually to find the eigenvalues of the matrix.
- diagonalization — (in linear algebra) the process of diagonalizing
16 letter words containing ago
- antagonistically — acting in opposition; opposing, especially mutually.
- nagorno-karabakh — a region in SW Azerbaijan: residents mostly Armenian. 1700 sq. mi. (4400 sq. km).
- oesophagogastric — (anatomy) Of or pertaining to the oesophagus and the stomach.
- phantasmagorical — having a fantastic or deceptive appearance, as something in a dream or created by the imagination.
17 letter words containing ago
- intragovernmental — Within a government.
18 letter words containing ago
- neo-pythagoreanism — a philosophical system, established in Alexandria and Rome in the second century b.c., consisting mainly of revived Pythagorean doctrines with elements of Platonism and Stoicism.
- phantasmagorically — having a fantastic or deceptive appearance, as something in a dream or created by the imagination.
26 letter words containing ago
- esophagogastroduodenoscopy — (medicine) upper gastrointestinal endoscopy.
On this page, we collect all words with AGO. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 628 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains AGO that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.