Words containing agar
4 letter words containing agar
- agar — a complex gelatinous carbohydrate obtained from seaweeds, esp those of the genus Gelidium, used as a culture medium for bacteria, a laxative, in food such as ice cream as a thickening agent (E406), etc
5 letter words containing agar
6 letter words containing agar
- agaric — any saprotrophic basidiomycetous fungus of the family Agaricaceae, having gills on the underside of the cap. The group includes the edible mushrooms and poisonous forms such as the fly agaric
- nagari — a group of related scripts, including Devanagari, derived from Brahmi and used for the writing of many of the languages of India.
- vagary — an unpredictable or erratic action, occurrence, course, or instance: the vagaries of weather; the vagaries of the economic scene.
7 letter words containing agar
- agarics — Plural form of agaric.
- agarita — a tall shrub, Mahonia trifoliolata, of the barberry family, of southwestern North America, having stiff, oblong leaflets with spiny teeth and a red fruit used in jelly.
- agarose — a polysaccharide gelatinous substance usually extracted from agar, used mainly in agarose gel electrophoresis and in microbial cultures
- bagarre — a brawl, fight, scuffle
- gagarin — Yuri Alekseyevich [yoo r-ee al-ik-sey-uh-vich;; Russian yoo-ryi uh-lyi-ksye-yi-vyich] /ˈyʊər i ˌæl ɪkˈseɪ ə vɪtʃ;; Russian ˈyu ryɪ ʌ lyɪˈksyɛ yɪ vyɪtʃ/ (Show IPA), 1934–68, Russian astronaut: first human being to make an orbital space flight (1961).
8 letter words containing agar
- agaricin — an impure form of agaric acid: formerly used in medicine as an agent for stopping excessive perspiration.
- agaricus — any mushroom of the genus Agaricus, comprising the meadow mushrooms and a commercially grown species, A. brunnescens.
- agartala — a city in NE India, capital of the state of Tripura. Pop: 189 327 (2001)
- jamnagar — a city in W Gujarat, in W central India.
- srinagar — Also, Cashmere. a former princely state in SW Asia, adjacent to India, Pakistan, Sinkiang, and Tibet: sovereignty in dispute between India and Pakistan since 1947.
9 letter words containing agar
- agar-agar — a complex gelatinous carbohydrate obtained from seaweeds, esp those of the genus Gelidium, used as a culture medium for bacteria, a laxative, in food such as ice cream as a thickening agent (E406), etc
- bhaunagar — a seaport in S Gujarat, in W India.
- bhavnagar — a port in W India, in S Gujarat. Pop: 510 958 (2001)
- nagarjuna — c. 150–c. 250 ad, Indian Buddhist monk, founder of the Madhyamika (Middle Path) school of Mahayana Buddhism: noted for his philosophical writings
- teagarden — Weldon John [wel-dn] /ˈwɛl dn/ (Show IPA), ("Jack") 1905–64, U.S. jazz trombonist and singer.
10 letter words containing agar
- ahmednagar — a city in W India, in Maharashtra: formerly one of the kingdoms of Deccan. Pop: 307 455 (2001)
- biratnagar — a city in SE Nepal.
- devanagari — a syllabic script in which Sanskrit, Hindi, and other modern languages of India are written
- ulhasnagar — a city in W Maharashtra, in W central India, NE of Mumbai.
11 letter words containing agar
- gandhinagar — a region in W India, N of the Narmada River.
12 letter words containing agar
19 letter words containing agar
- niagara-on-the-lake — a town in SE Ontario, in S Canada, on Lake Ontario, at the mouth of the Niagara River, on the border between Canada and New York.
On this page, we collect all words with AGAR. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 43 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains AGAR that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.