Words containing afr
4 letter words containing afr
- afro — Afro hair is very tightly curled and sticks out all around your head.
5 letter words containing afr
6 letter words containing afr
- afraes — Associate Fellow of the Royal Aeronautical Society
- afraid — If you are afraid of someone or afraid to do something, you are frightened because you think that something very unpleasant is going to happen to you.
- afreet — a powerful evil demon or giant monster
- afresh — If you do something afresh, you do it again in a different way.
- africa — the second largest of the continents, on the Mediterranean in the north, the Atlantic in the west, and the Red Sea, Gulf of Aden, and Indian Ocean in the east. The Sahara desert divides the continent unequally into North Africa (an early centre of civilization, in close contact with Europe and W Asia, now inhabited chiefly by Arabs) and Africa south of the Sahara (relatively isolated from the rest of the world until the 19th century and inhabited chiefly by Negroid peoples). It was colonized mainly in the 18th and 19th centuries by Europeans and now comprises independent nations. The largest lake is Lake Victoria and the chief rivers are the Nile, Niger, Congo, and Zambezi. Pop: 1 100 000 000 (2013 est). Area: about 30 300 000 sq km (11 700 000 sq miles)
7 letter words containing afr
- afrasia — N Africa and SW Asia considered together.
- afreets — Plural form of afreet.
- african — African means belonging or relating to the continent of Africa, or to its countries or people.
- biafran — of or relating to Biafra or its inhabitants
- safrole — a colorless or faintly yellow liquid, C 1 0 H 1 0 O 2 , obtained from sassafras oil or the like: used chiefly in perfumery, for flavoring, and in the manufacture of soaps.
8 letter words containing afr
- afrasian — of Afrasia.
- africana — objects of cultural or historical interest of African origin
- afro-pop — African pop music played on electric instruments and inspired by Western pop or soul music.
- safranin — any of a class of chiefly red organic dyes, phenazine derivatives, used for dyeing wool, silk, etc.
- safronal — an oily liquid derived from saffron
9 letter words containing afr
- afrikaans — Afrikaans is one of the official languages of South Africa.
- afrikaner — Afrikaner means belonging or relating to the white people in South Africa whose ancestors were Dutch.
- afro-comb — a comb with a handle and long teeth used esp on curly hair
- safranine — any of a class of chiefly red organic dyes, phenazine derivatives, used for dyeing wool, silk, etc.
- sassafras — an American tree, Sassafras albidum, of the laurel family, having egg-shaped leaves and long clusters of greenish-yellow flowers.
10 letter words containing afr
- africander — one of a breed of red beef cattle, raised originally in southern Africa, well adapted to high temperatures.
- africanism — something characteristic of Africa or Africans, esp a characteristic feature of an African language when introduced into a non-African language
- africanist — a person specializing in the study of African affairs or culture
- africanize — to make African, esp to give control of (policy, government, etc) to Africans
- afrikander — a breed of humpbacked beef cattle originally raised in southern Africa
11 letter words containing afr
- afroasiatic — designating or of a family of African and Asian languages generally divided into the branches Berber, Cushitic, Semitic, Chadic, and ancient Egyptian
- afrocentric — centered on, emphasizing, or showing the influence of African or, sometimes, African-American history and culture
- pan-african — of or relating to all African nations or peoples.
- pro-african — Also, Africa. of or from Africa; belonging to the black peoples of Africa.
12 letter words containing afr
- africanness' — Also, Africa. of or from Africa; belonging to the black peoples of Africa.
- afrikanerdom — (in South Africa) Afrikaner nationalism based on pride in the Afrikaans language and culture, conservative Calvinism, and a sense of heritage as pioneers
- afrikanerism — a word, term, or usage peculiar to or originating among Afrikaners.
- afro-asiatic — a family of languages of SW Asia and N Africa, consisting of the Semitic, ancient Egyptian, Berber, Cushitic, and Chadic subfamilies
- afro-british — of or relating to British people of African descent
14 letter words containing afr
- africanization — to replace the European or white staff of (an organization in Africa) with black Africans.
- africanthropus — a genus of hominids of eastern Africa, assumed from a number of now lost skull fragments to have been a form of archaic Homo : no longer in technical use.
- afro-caribbean — Afro-Caribbean refers to people from the Caribbean whose ancestors came from Africa.
- afro-pessimism — the belief that the provision of aid to African countries is futile
- pan-africanism — the idea or advocacy of a political alliance or union of all the African nations.
16 letter words containing afr
17 letter words containing afr
- african-caribbean — African-Caribbean refers to people from the Caribbean whose ancestors came from Africa.
On this page, we collect all words with AFR. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 149 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains AFR that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.