Words containing ae
3 letter words containing ae
- aea — Atomic Energy Authority
- aec — Atomic Energy Commission
- aes — any of various early forms of bronze or copper money used in ancient Rome. Compare as2 (def 1).
- aew — airborne early warning (aircraft)
- bae — an affectionate term used to address or refer to one’s girlfriend, boyfriend, spouse, etc.: I love you, bae.
4 letter words containing ae
5 letter words containing ae
- aeaea — the island inhabited by Circe.
- aecia — the fruiting body of rust fungi, which bears chainlike or stalked spores.
- aedes — any mosquito of the genus Aedes (formerly Stegomyia) of tropical and subtropical regions, esp A. aegypti, which transmits yellow fever and dengue
- aedon — a daughter of Pandareus who mistakenly killed her son. Zeus took pity on her and turned her into a nightingale.
- aegir — the god of the sea
6 letter words containing ae
- achaea — a department of Greece, in the N Peloponnese. Capital: Patras. Pop: 318 928 (2001). Area: 3209 sq km (1239 sq miles)
- aeacus — a king of Aegina who, after he dies, becomes one of the three judges of the dead in the lower world, with Minos and Rhadamanthus
- aecium — a globular or cup-shaped structure in some rust fungi in which aeciospores are produced
- aedile — a magistrate of ancient Rome in charge of public works, games, buildings, and roads
- aeetes — a king of Colchis, father of Medea and keeper of the Golden Fleece
7 letter words containing ae
- achaean — a member of a principal Greek tribe in the Mycenaean era
- actaeon — a hunter of Boeotia who, having accidentally seen Artemis bathing, was turned into a stag and torn apart by his own hounds
- aechmea — any of various epiphytic bromeliads of the genus Aechmea, native to tropical America, having stiff, spiny leaves and clusters of red, yellow, or blue flowers: popular as a houseplant.
- aecidia — an aecium in which the spores are always formed in chains and enclosed in a cup-shaped peridium.
- aegates — ancient name of Egadi.
8 letter words containing ae
9 letter words containing ae
- abscissae — (in plane Cartesian coordinates) the x-coordinate of a point: its distance from the y-axis measured parallel to the x-axis.
- aedoeagus — aedeagus.
- aegisthus — a cousin to and the murderer of Agamemnon, whose wife Clytemnestra he had seduced. He usurped the kingship of Mycenae until Orestes, Agamemnon's son, returned home and killed him
- aeolipile — a device illustrating the reactive forces of a gas jet: usually a spherical vessel mounted so as to rotate and equipped with angled exit pipes from which steam within it escapes
- aepyornis — any of the large extinct flightless birds of the genus Aepyornis, remains of which have been found in Madagascar
10 letter words containing ae
- achaemenes — flourished 7th century b.c, Persian king: traditional founder of the Achaemenid dynasty.
- achaemenid — any member of a Persian dynasty of kings, including Cyrus the Great, that ruled from about 550 to 331 bc, when Darius III was overthrown by Alexander the Great
- aeciospore — any of the spores produced in an aecium of the rust fungi, which spread to and infect the primary host
- aedileship — the office of an aedile, or the duration of an aedile's term of office
- aedilitian — one of a board of magistrates in charge of public buildings, streets, markets, games, etc.
11 letter words containing ae
- achaemenian — of or relating to the Achaemenids or their language, as recorded in cuneiform inscriptions.
- aegospotami — a river of ancient Thrace that flowed into the Hellespont. At its mouth the Spartan fleet under Lysander defeated the Athenians in 405 bc, ending the Peloponnesian War
- aelurophile — ailurophile.
- aelurophobe — ailurophobe.
- aeneolithic — Chalcolithic.
12 letter words containing ae
13 letter words containing ae
- aeroacoustics — the study of the generation and transmittance of sound by fluid flow
- aerodigestive — of or relating to the organs and tissues of the respiratory tract and the upper part of the digestive tract
- aerodontalgia — a toothache caused by lowered barometric pressure, as in high-altitude flight.
- aeroemphysema — A form of emphysema that results from rapid decompression.
- aeromagnetics — the science of measuring magnetic characteristics associated with atmospheric conditions of the earth.
14 letter words containing ae
15 letter words containing ae
- aegyptopithecus — a genus of extinct anthropoid ape of the Oligocene Period known from remains found in Egypt.
- aerodynamically — the branch of mechanics that deals with the motion of air and other gases and with the effects of such motion on bodies in the medium. Compare aerostatics (def 1).
- anaesthesiology — the science of administering anesthetics.
- caernarvonshire — (until 1974) a county of NW Wales, now part of Gwynedd
- haemagglutinate — to cause the clumping of red blood cells in (a blood sample)
16 letter words containing ae
- acroparaesthesia — a persistent sensation of numbness and tingling in the hands and feet
- aerometeorograph — an aircraft instrument that records temperature, humidity, and atmospheric pressure
- aerotherapeutics — the treatment of disease by the use of air, esp. by exposing patients to changes in atmospheric pressure
- archaeoastronomy — the scientific study of the beliefs and practices concerning astronomy that existed in ancient and prehistoric civilizations
- archaeomagnetism — an archaeological technique for dating certain clay objects by measuring the extent to which they have been magnetized by the earth's magnetic field
17 letter words containing ae
- aerobic-exercises — Also called aerobic exercises. (used with a plural verb) any of various sustained exercises, as jogging, rowing, swimming, or cycling, that stimulate and strengthen the heart and lungs, thereby improving the body's utilization of oxygen.
- anaesthesiologist — anesthesiology.
- cyclooctatetraene — a colorless, flammable liquid cyclic hydrocarbon, C 8 H 8 , used in organic research.
- haemoglobinometer — an instrument used to determine the haemoglobin content of blood
- haemoglobinopathy — (medicine) Any of a group of inherited disorders in which haemoglobin does not function properly.
18 letter words containing ae
- aerothermodynamics — the study of the exchange of heat between solids and gases, esp of the heating effect on aircraft flying through the air at very high speeds
- carboxyhaemoglobin — haemoglobin coordinated with carbon monoxide, formed as a result of carbon monoxide poisoning. As carbon monoxide is bound in preference to oxygen, tissues are deprived of oxygen
- micropalaeontology — the branch of palaeontology concerned with the study of microscopic fossils
- palaeoanthropology — the branch of anthropology concerned with primitive man
21 letter words containing ae
On this page, we collect all words with AE. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 1796 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains AE that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.