Words containing adr
4 letter words containing adr
5 letter words containing adr
6 letter words containing adr
- adrate — the price or tariff that businesses pay to advertise
- adread — to dread
- adrian — Edgar Douglas, Baron Adrian. 1889–1977, English physiologist, noted particularly for his research into the function of neurons: shared with Sherrington the Nobel prize for physiology and medicine 1932
- adrift — If a boat is adrift, it is floating on the water and is not tied to anything or controlled by anyone.
- adroit — Someone who is adroit is quick and skilful in their thoughts, behaviour, or actions.
7 letter words containing adr
- adrenal — on or near the kidneys
- adreno- — adrenal glands
- cadrans — an instrument which measures the angles of gems and is used during the cutting process
- diadrom — the complete course or oscillation of something, especially of a pendulum
- gadroon — Architecture. an elaborately carved or indented convex molding.
8 letter words containing adr
- adrastea — a small satellite of Jupiter, discovered in 1979
- adrastos — a king of Argos and leader of the Seven against Thebes.
- adrastus — a king of Argos and leader of the Seven against Thebes, of whom he was the sole survivor
- adrenals — Plural form of adrenal.
- adriatic — of or relating to the Adriatic Sea, or to the inhabitants of its coast or islands
9 letter words containing adr
- adrenalin — Adrenalin is a substance which your body produces when you are angry, scared, or excited. It makes your heart beat faster and gives you more energy.
- adrenally — in a manner relating to the adrenal glands
- aquadrome — a venue for water sports
- breadroom — a room or compartment where bread is kept, esp on a ship
- breadroot — a leguminous plant, Psoralea esculenta, of central North America, having an edible starchy root
10 letter words containing adr
- adrenaline — a hormone that is secreted by the adrenal medulla in response to stress and increases heart rate, pulse rate, and blood pressure, and raises the blood levels of glucose and lipids. It is extracted from animals or synthesized for such medical uses as the treatment of asthma. Chemical name: aminohydroxyphenylpropionic acid; formula: C9H13NO3
- adrenalise — (British spelling) To render frightening or thrilling, such as to stimulate the production of adrenalin.
- adrenalize — to stir to action; excite: The promise of victory adrenalized the team.
- adrenalone — An adrenergic agonist used as a topical vasoconstrictor and hemostatic.
- adrenergic — releasing or activated by adrenaline or an adrenaline-like substance
11 letter words containing adr
- adrammelech — one of the gods worshiped by the Sepharvites. II Kings 17:31. Compare Anammelech.
- adrenalised — Simple past tense and past participle of adrenalise.
- adrenalitis — (pathology) Inflammation of one or both adrenal glands, leading to an insufficiency of cortisol and/or aldosterone.
- adrenalized — tense or highly charged
- ambassadrix — (rare) an ambassadress.
12 letter words containing adr
13 letter words containing adr
- adrenalectomy — the surgical removal of one or both adrenal glands
- maladroitness — lacking in adroitness; unskillful; awkward; bungling; tactless: to handle a diplomatic crisis in a very maladroit way.
- nonadrenergic — Not adrenergic.
- noradrenaline — norepinephrine.
- noradrenergic — Having the quality of noradrenaline.
14 letter words containing adr
- adrenergically — in a manner relating to the release or activation of adrenaline
- adrenocortical — relating to the adrenal cortex
- adrenoreceptor — a receptor that binds with epinephrine, norepinephrine, or related compounds.
- antiadrenergic — Preventing or counteracting the effects of adrenaline.
- hypoadrenalism — underactivity of the adrenal gland, as in Addison's disease.
15 letter words containing adr
- adrenalectomies — Plural form of adrenalectomy.
- adrenoreceptors — Plural form of adrenoreceptor.
- beta-adrenergic — pertaining to or involving beta receptors
- hyperadrenalism — a glandular disorder caused by the overactivity of the adrenal glands and often resulting in obesity
- quadragenarians — Plural form of quadragenarian.
16 letter words containing adr
19 letter words containing adr
20 letter words containing adr
On this page, we collect all words with ADR. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 367 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains ADR that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.