Words containing ade
3 letter words containing ade
- ade — George1866-1944; U.S. humorist
4 letter words containing ade
- -ade — a sweetened drink made of various fruits
- aden — the main port and commercial capital of Yemen, on the N coast of the Gulf of Aden, an arm of the Indian Ocean at the entrance to the Red Sea: capital of South Yemen until 1990: formerly an important port of call on shipping routes to the East. Pop: 584 000 (2005 est)
- bade — Bade is a past tense of bid2.
- cade — a juniper tree, Juniperus oxycedrus of the Mediterranean region, the wood of which yields an oily brown liquid (oil of cade) used to treat skin ailments
- dade — (obsolete, intransitive) To walk unsteadily, like a child; to move slowly.
5 letter words containing ade
6 letter words containing ade
7 letter words containing ade
- abraded — Simple past tense and past participle of abrade.
- abrader — Something that abrades; a tool or machine for abrading. (First attested in the late 19th century.).
- abrades — Third-person singular simple present indicative form of abrade.
- academe — The academic world of universities is sometimes referred to as academe.
- academy — Academy is sometimes used in the names of schools and colleges, especially those specializing in particular subjects or skills, or private high schools in the United States.
8 letter words containing ade
- academes — the campus activity, life, and interests of a college or university; the academic world.
- academia — Academia refers to all the academics in a particular country or region, the institutions they work in, and their work.
- academic — Academic is used to describe things that relate to the work done in schools, colleges, and universities, especially work which involves studying and reasoning rather than practical or technical skills.
- academus — an Arcadian whose estate became a meeting place for Athenian philosophers.
- accolade — If someone is given an accolade, something is done or said about them which shows how much people admire them.
9 letter words containing ade
- academese — pedantic, pretentious, and often confusing academic jargon: a presumably scholarly article written in incomprehensible academese.
- academian — (historical, obsolete) A follower of w Plato. (Attested from the mid 16th century until the late 17th century.)Brown, Lesley, ed. The Shorter Oxford English Dictionary. 5th. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 2003.
- academics — of or relating to a college, academy, school, or other educational institution, especially one for higher education: academic requirements.
- academies — Plural form of academy.
- academise — to reduce (a subject) to a rigid set of rules, principles, precepts, etc.: futile attempts to academize the visual arts.
10 letter words containing ade
- abdelkader — ?1807–83, Algerian nationalist, who resisted the French invasion of Algeria and established (1837) an independent state. He surrendered to the French in 1847
- academical — academic.
- adelantado — a military title given to Conquistadors allowing the bearer the right to become governor or justice of a region
- adenectomy — surgical removal of a gland
- adenopathy — enlargement of the lymph nodes
11 letter words containing ade
- academicals — traditional academic clothing; cap and gown
- academician — An academician is a member of an academy, usually one which has been formed to improve or maintain standards in a particular field.
- academicism — adherence to rules and traditions in art, literature, etc; conventionalism
- academicize — academize.
- adenoiditis — inflammation of the adenoid tissue.
12 letter words containing ade
13 letter words containing ade
- adenoidectomy — surgical removal of the adenoids
- adenopathies' — enlargement or disease of the glands, especially the lymphatic glands: a patient with prominent adenopathy. See also lymphadenopathy.
- adenosquamous — Having both glandular (adenoid) and squamous characteristics.
- airheadedness — The quality of being airheaded.
- anti-academic — of or relating to a college, academy, school, or other educational institution, especially one for higher education: academic requirements.
14 letter words containing ade
15 letter words containing ade
16 letter words containing ade
17 letter words containing ade
- baden-wurttemberg — a state of SW Germany. Capital: Stuttgart. Pop: 53 938 (2003 est). Area: 35 742 sq km (13 800 sq miles)
- cardiac-tamponade — Medicine/Medical. the use of a tampon, as to stop a hemorrhage.
- intradepartmental — Within a department.
- lymphadenopathies — Plural form of lymphadenopathy.
- wooden-headedness — thick-headed, dull; stupid.
18 letter words containing ade
19 letter words containing ade
- cap-de-la-madeleine — a city in S Quebec, in E Canada, near Three Rivers, on the St. Lawrence.
On this page, we collect all words with ADE. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 1652 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains ADE that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.