Words containing ada
3 letter words containing ada
- ada — a high-level computer programming language designed for dealing with real-time processing problems: used for military and other systems
4 letter words containing ada
- aada — (military) initialism of anti-aircraft defended area.
- adad — a coded card or other device that when inserted into a telephone allows the user to reach a number without dialing.
- adah — one of the two wives of Lamech. Gen. 4:19.
- adak — an island in SW Alaska, in the Andreanof group of the Aleutian Islands.
- adam — the first man, created by God: the progenitor of the human race (Genesis 2–3)
5 letter words containing ada
- abada — (obsolete) The rhinoceros.
- ada-o — (language) An Ada subset developed at the University of Karlsruhe in 1979, used for compiler bootstrapping. It lacks overloading, derived types, real numbers, tasks and generics.
- adage — An adage is something which people often say and which expresses a general truth about some aspect of life.
- adam7 — (graphics, algorithm) One of the progressive coding methods used in PNG images. Adam7, named after its author, Adam M. Costello, consists of seven distinct passes over the image. Each pass transmits a subset of the pixels in the image. The pass in which each pixel is transmitted is defined by replicating the following 8-by-8 pattern over the entire image, starting at the top left: 1 6 4 6 2 6 4 6 7 7 7 7 7 7 7 7 5 6 5 6 5 6 5 6 7 7 7 7 7 7 7 7 3 6 4 6 3 6 4 6 7 7 7 7 7 7 7 7 5 6 5 6 5 6 5 6 7 7 7 7 7 7 7 7 (2000-09-12)
- adama — Admah.
6 letter words containing ada
- abadan — a port in SW Iran, on an island in the Shatt-al-Arab delta. Pop: 307 000 (2005 est)
- adabas — (database) A relational database system by Software AG. While it was initially designed for large IBM mainframe systems (e.g. S/370 in the late 1970s), it has been ported to numerous other platforms over the last few years such as several flavors of Unix including AIX. ADABAS stores its data in tables (and is thus "relational") but also uses some non-relational techniques, such as multiple values and periodic groups.
- adages — a traditional saying expressing a common experience or observation; proverb.
- adagio — Adagio written above a piece of music means that it should be played slowly.
- adamas — Admah.
7 letter words containing ada
- adagial — proverbial
- adagios — Plural form of adagio.
- adaline — (architecture) Name given by Widrow to adaptive linear neurons, that is neurons (see McCulloch-Pitts) which learn using the Widrow-Huff Delta Rule. See also Madaline.
- adamant — If someone is adamant about something, they are determined not to change their mind about it.
- adamawa — a state of Nigeria, in the E on the border with Cameroon. Capital: Yola. Pop: 3 168 101 (2006). Area: 36 917 sq km (14 254 sq miles)
8 letter words containing ada
- abradant — abrading
- adabazar — former name of Adapazari.
- adamance — a state of resoluteness
- adamancy — a state of resoluteness
- adamsite — a yellow poisonous crystalline solid that readily sublimes; diphenylaminechlorarsine. It is used in chemical warfare as a vomiting agent. Formula: C6H4AsClNHC6H4; relative density: 1.65; melting pt: 195°C; boiling pt: 410°C
9 letter words containing ada
- abradable — capable of being abraded
- adamantly — utterly unyielding in attitude or opinion in spite of all appeals, urgings, etc.
- adamently — Misspelling of adamantly.
- adapazari — city in NW Turkey: pop. 152,000
- adaptable — If you describe a person or animal as adaptable, you mean that they are able to change their ideas or behaviour in order to deal with new situations.
10 letter words containing ada
- adactylous — possessing no fingers or toes
- adamakegen — (tool) A program that generates makefiles for Ada programs. Adamakegen was written by Owen O'Malley <[email protected]>. It requires Icon and runs under Verdix and SunAda.
- adamantane — a white crystalline alicyclic hydrocarbon, C 10 H 16 , consisting of four fused cyclohexane rings, with the carbon atoms arranged as in the diamond lattice.
- adamantean — of or relating to adamant
- adamantine — very hard; unbreakable or unyielding
11 letter words containing ada
- abracadabra — Abracadabra is a word that someone says when they are performing a magic trick in order to make the magic happen.
- adaptations — Plural form of adaptation.
- adaptedness — suitability
- adaptogenic — acting to normalize and regulate the systems of the body
- aficionadas — Plural form of aficionada.
12 letter words containing ada
13 letter words containing ada
- adam's-needle — a North American liliaceous plant, Yucca filamentosa, that has a tall woody stem, stiff pointed leaves, and large clusters of white flowers arranged in spikes. It is cultivated as an ornamental plant
- adaptableness — The state or quality of being adaptable; adaptability.
- aggradational — (geology) Pertaining to or formed by aggradation.
- biodegradable — Something that is biodegradable breaks down or decays naturally without any special scientific treatment, and can therefore be thrown away without causing pollution.
- degradability — susceptible to chemical breakdown.
14 letter words containing ada
- adaptationally — in an adaptational manner
- adaptativeness — Adaptability.
- biodegradation — to decay and become absorbed by the environment: toys that will biodegrade when they're discarded.
- cadaverousness — of or like a corpse.
- intergradation — the act or process of intergrading or the state of being intergraded.
15 letter words containing ada
- adamawa-eastern — a branch of the Niger-Congo family of languages, centered in Nigeria, Cameroon, Chad, and the Central African Republic, including Sango and Zande.
- asclepiadaceous — of, relating to, or belonging to the Asclepiadaceae, a family of mostly tropical and subtropical flowering plants, including the milkweed and swallowwort, having pollen in the form of a waxy mass (pollinium): now usually regarded as a subfamily of the Apocynaceae
- lackadaisically — without interest, vigor, or determination; listless; lethargic: a lackadaisical attempt.
- maladaptiveness — The quality of being maladaptive.
- photodegradable — (of a substance) capable of being broken down by light.
16 letter words containing ada
- biodegradability — capable of decaying through the action of living organisms: biodegradable paper; biodegradable detergent.
- lambada-calculus — (humour, logic) (A pun on "lambda-calculus") Teaching logic thru spanish dance steps. Invented by P. van der Linden <[email protected]>.
- machine-readable — of or relating to data encoded on an appropriate medium and in a form suitable for processing by computer.
- nonbiodegradable — Not biodegradable.
- self-degradation — the act of degrading.
17 letter words containing ada
18 letter words containing ada
- counter-adaptation — the act of adapting.
On this page, we collect all words with ADA. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 631 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains ADA that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.