Words containing act
3 letter words containing act
- act — When you act, you do something for a particular purpose.
4 letter words containing act
- acta — an official record of public events
- actg — acting
- acth — adrenocorticotrophic hormone; a polypeptide hormone, secreted by the anterior lobe of the pituitary gland, that stimulates growth of the adrenal gland and the synthesis and secretion of corticosteroids. It is used in treating rheumatoid arthritis, allergic and skin diseases, and many other disorders
- acti — Plural form of actus.
- acto — a short, realistic play, usually in Spanish, that dramatizes the social and economic problems of Chicanos.
5 letter words containing act
- acted — anything done, being done, or to be done; deed; performance: a heroic act.
- acter — A play or film with a particular number of acts.
- actin — a protein that participates in many kinds of cell movement, including muscle contraction, during which it interacts with filaments of a second protein, myosin
- actis — a son of Rhoda and Helius who, when banished from his home for fratricide, fled to Egypt, where he taught astrology. The Colossus of Rhodes was built in his honor.
- acton — a jacket or jerkin, originally of quilted cotton, worn under a coat of mail
6 letter words containing act
- actant — (in valency grammar) a noun phrase functioning as the agent of the main verb of a sentence
- actin- — actino-
- acting — Acting is the activity or profession of performing in plays or films.
- action — Action is doing something for a particular purpose.
- actium — a town of ancient Greece that overlooked the naval battle in 31 bc at which Octavian's fleet under Agrippa defeated that of Mark Antony and Cleopatra
7 letter words containing act
- abactor — a cattle thief
- abreact — to alleviate (emotional tension) through abreaction
- actable — that can be acted
- actaeon — a hunter of Boeotia who, having accidentally seen Artemis bathing, was turned into a stag and torn apart by his own hounds
- actinal — of or denoting the oral part of a radiate animal, such as a jellyfish, sea anemone, or sponge, from which the rays, tentacles, or arms grow
8 letter words containing act
- abstract — An abstract idea or way of thinking is based on general ideas rather than on real things and events.
- actinian — belonging or pertaining to the order or suborder Actiniaria, comprising the sea anemones.
- actinide — a member of the actinide series
- actinism — that property of ultraviolet light, X-rays, or other radiations, by which chemical changes are produced
- actinium — a radioactive element of the actinide series, occurring as a decay product of uranium. It is used as an alpha-particle source and in neutron production. Symbol: Ac; atomic no: 89; half-life of most stable isotope,227Ac: 21.6 years; relative density: 10.07; melting pt: 1051°C; boiling pt: 3200 ± 300°C
9 letter words containing act
10 letter words containing act
- abacterial — not caused by or characterized by the presence of bacteria
- abreaction — the release and expression of emotional tension associated with repressed ideas by bringing those ideas into consciousness
- abstracted — Someone who is abstracted is thinking so deeply that they are not fully aware of what is happening around them.
- abstracter — One who abstracts, or makes an abstract, as in records or documents. (First attested in the late 17th century.).
- abstractly — in an abstract manner, theoretically
11 letter words containing act
- ablactation — the weaning of an infant
- abstracting — thought of apart from concrete realities, specific objects, or actual instances: an abstract idea.
- abstraction — An abstraction is a general idea rather than one relating to a particular object, person, or situation.
- abstractive — that abstracts or can abstract
- acetobacter — any of several ellipsoidal or rodshaped aerobic bacteria of the genus Acetobacter, certain species of which are used in making vinegar.
12 letter words containing act
13 letter words containing act
- abstractional — relating to abstraction
- achromobacter — any of several rod-shaped bacteria of the genus Achromobacter, found in soil and water.
- acinetobacter — a bacterium that causes infections such as pneumonia, particularly in people who have a compromised immune system
- actinobiology — the branch of biology concerned with the effects of radiation on living organisms
- actinomorphic — (esp of a flower) having radial symmetry, as buttercups
14 letter words containing act
- abstractedness — The state of being abstracted; abstract character. (First attested in the mid 17th century.).
- abstractionism — the theory and practice of the abstract, esp of abstract art
- abstractionist — a person who produces abstract works of art.
- actinobacillus — a bacillus causing disease in animals
- anisodactylous — Zoology. having the toes unlike, or unequal in number.
15 letter words containing act
- actinochemistry — the branch of chemistry dealing with actinism; photochemistry.
- actinopterygian — belonging or pertaining to the Actinopterygii, a group of bony fishes.
- autodidacticism — any self-directed learning or self-education
- characteristics — Also, characteristical. pertaining to, constituting, or indicating the character or peculiar quality of a person or thing; typical; distinctive: Red and gold are the characteristic colors of autumn.
- chemoattractant — a chemical substance that provokes chemotaxis, esp one that causes a bacterium to move in the direction in which its concentration is increasing
16 letter words containing act
- actinobacillosis — a disease of cattle and sheep, caused by infection with an Actinobacillus lignieresii and characterized by soft tissue lesions, esp of the tongue
- actinodermatitis — dermatitis from exposure to radiation, esp ultraviolet light or X-rays
- actinopterygians — Plural form of actinopterygian.
- attorney-in-fact — a person authorized by power of attorney to act on the authorizer's behalf outside a court of law.
- autodidactically — a person who has learned a subject without the benefit of a teacher or formal education; a self-taught person.
17 letter words containing act
- anti-anaphylactic — exaggerated allergic reaction to a foreign protein resulting from previous exposure to it.
- anticlimactically — of, like, pertaining to, or expressing anticlimax.
- attorneys-in-fact — a person authorized by power of attorney to act on the authorizer's behalf outside a court of law.
- bacteriorhodopsin — a purple protein containing retinal and found in the plasma membrane of certain bacteria (genus Halobacterium): it directly supplies electrochemical energy from sunlight
- betagalactosidase — any of a family of enzymes capable of liberating galactose from carbohydrates.
18 letter words containing act
- characteristically — Also, characteristical. pertaining to, constituting, or indicating the character or peculiar quality of a person or thing; typical; distinctive: Red and gold are the characteristic colors of autumn.
- non-characteristic — Also, characteristical. pertaining to, constituting, or indicating the character or peculiar quality of a person or thing; typical; distinctive: Red and gold are the characteristic colors of autumn.
- nurse-practitioner — a registered nurse who has received special training for diagnosing and treating routine or minor ailments. Abbreviation: NP.
- recharacterization — portrayal; description: the actor's characterization of a politician.
- self-actualization — the achievement of one's full potential through creativity, independence, spontaneity, and a grasp of the real world.
19 letter words containing act
20 letter words containing act
- lacto-ovo-vegetarian — Also called lactovarian [lak-tuh-vair-ee-uh n] /ˌlæk təˈvɛər i ən/ (Show IPA), ovolactarian, ovo-lacto-vegetarian. a vegetarian whose diet includes dairy products and eggs.
- ovo-lacto-vegetarian — lacto-ovo-vegetarian.
- uncharacteristically — Also, characteristical. pertaining to, constituting, or indicating the character or peculiar quality of a person or thing; typical; distinctive: Red and gold are the characteristic colors of autumn.
21 letter words containing act
- self-characterization — portrayal; description: the actor's characterization of a politician.
23 letter words containing act
- astronomical-refraction — Physics. the change of direction of a ray of light, sound, heat, or the like, in passing obliquely from one medium into another in which its wave velocity is different.
On this page, we collect all words with ACT. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 2650 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains ACT that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.