Words containing acro
4 letter words containing acro
- acro — Of or pertaining to something that combines acrobatic elements with that of something else.
5 letter words containing acro
- acro- — denoting something at a height, summit, top, tip, beginning, or end
- acron — the unsegmented, preoral portion of the body of an arthropod.
- macro — very large in scale, scope, or capability.
- nacro — (in England and Wales) an organization that aims to reduce crime by supporting people in finding alternatives to crime, for example, by resettling ex-offenders and providing education and advice in communities
6 letter words containing acro
- across — If someone or something goes across a place or a boundary, they go from one side of it to the other.
- acrost — Eye dialect of across.
- dacron — a synthetic polyester fiber or a washable, wrinkle-resistant fabric made from it
- macro- — Prefix large. Opposite of micro-. In the mainstream and among other technical cultures (for example, medical people) this competes with the prefix mega-, but hackers tend to restrict the latter to quantification.
- macron — a horizontal line used as a diacritic over a vowel to indicate that it has a long sound or other specified pronunciation, as (ā) in fate (fāt).
7 letter words containing acro
- acrobat — An acrobat is an entertainer who performs difficult physical acts such as jumping and balancing, especially in a circus.
- acrogen — any flowerless plant, such as a fern or moss, in which growth occurs from the tip of the main stem
- acronic — acronical
- acronym — An acronym is a word composed of the first letters of the words in a phrase, especially when this is used as a name. An example of an acronym is NATO which is made up of the first letters of the 'North Atlantic Treaty Organization'.
- acroter — a plinth bearing a statue, etc, at either end or at the apex of a pediment
8 letter words containing acro
- acrobats — Plural form of acrobat.
- acrodont — (of the teeth of some reptiles) having no roots and being fused at the base to the margin of the jawbones
- acrolect — the most standard form of language
- acrolein — a colourless or yellowish flammable poisonous pungent liquid used in the manufacture of resins and pharmaceuticals. Formula: CH2:CHCHO
- acrolith — (esp in ancient Greek sculpture) a wooden, often draped figure with only the head, hands, and feet in stone
9 letter words containing acro
- acrobatic — An acrobatic movement or display involves difficult physical acts such as jumping and balancing, especially in a circus.
- acrodonts — Plural form of acrodont.
- acrodrome — (of the veins of a leaf) running parallel to the edges of the leaf and fusing at the tip
- acrodynia — (pathology) An epidemic disease of the skin characterized by increased sensibility of the soles and palms, with pricking sensations in them and rheumatoid pains in the hands and feet.
- acrolects — Plural form of acrolect.
10 letter words containing acro
- acroamatic — relating to oral communication
- acrobatics — Acrobatics are acrobatic movements.
- acrobatism — the art, or feats, of the acrobat
- acrogenous — (botany) Increasing by growth from the extremity.
- acrogynous — having the female reproductive organ arising from the apical cell of the stem, thereby terminating its growth, as certain liverworts.
11 letter words containing acro
- acroamatics — Esoteric lectures.
- acrocarpous — (of mosses) having clustered upright stems and the reproductive parts borne at the tip of a stem
- acrocentric — (of a chromosome) having the centromere at one end
- acrocephaly — oxycephaly
- acrochordon — (medicine) A soft, pedunculated or pensile wart, consisting of myomatous or edematous fibrous tissue, often found on the neck or eyelids of elderly persons.
12 letter words containing acro
- acrocyanosis — cyanosis of the hands and feet due to poor circulation of the blood
- acrophonetic — relating to the use of symbols to represent sounds
- acrostically — In the manner of an acrostic.
- anacrogynous — having the female sex organs arising from any cell below the apex of the stem, thereby not terminating its growth, as certain liverworts.
- macro-cosmic — the great world or universe; the universe considered as a whole (opposed to microcosm).
13 letter words containing acro
- acrobatically — In an acrobatic manner.
- acronymically — in an acronymic manner
- macro-mineral — any mineral required in the diet in relatively large amounts, especially calcium, iron, magnesium, phosphorus, potassium, and zinc.
- macro-segment — a stretch of speech preceded and followed but not interrupted by a pause.
- macrocephalic — Cephalometry. being or having a head with a large cranial capacity.
14 letter words containing acro
- macro-mutation — a mutation that has a profound effect on the resulting organism, as a change in a regulatory gene that controls the expression of many structural genes.
- macro-organism — an organism that can be seen with the naked eye.
- macroaggregate — A relatively large aggregated particle.
- macrobiologist — One who studies macrobiology.
- macrocephalous — Having a large head.
15 letter words containing acro
- acroanaesthesia — (pathology) Loss of sensation in the extremities.
- macro-sociology — the sociological study of large-scale social systems and long-term patterns and processes.
- macro-structure — the gross structure of a metal, as made visible to the naked eye by deep etching.
- macroaggregated — in the form of a macroaggregate
- macrophotograph — a photograph taken at very close range
16 letter words containing acro
- acroparaesthesia — a persistent sensation of numbness and tingling in the hands and feet
- across-the-board — applying to all employees, members, groups, or categories; general: The across-the-board pay increase means a raise for all employees.
- macro-linguistic — a field of study concerned with language in its broadest sense and including cultural and behavioral features associated with language.
- macroclimatology — the study of the climatic conditions of a large area.
- macroenvironment — (biology) The large-scale and long-term environment and conditions that affect an organism.
17 letter words containing acro
- acromioclavicular — (anatomy) Pertaining to both the acromion and the clavicle.
- macro-linguistics — a field of study concerned with language in its broadest sense and including cultural and behavioral features associated with language.
- macroevolutionary — Pertaining to, or as a result of macroevolution.
- macroinstructions — Plural form of macroinstruction.
- macroinvertebrate — (zoology) An invertebrate that is large enough to be seen without the use of a microscope.
18 letter words containing acro
- macroinvertebrates — Plural form of macroinvertebrate.
On this page, we collect all words with ACRO. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 296 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains ACRO that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.