Words containing ack
3 letter words containing ack
- ack — (military, now historical) The letter A as used in signalling and other types of communications.
4 letter words containing ack
- back — If you move back, you move in the opposite direction to the one in which you are facing or in which you were moving before.
- cack — nonsense
- dack — to remove the trousers from (someone) by force
- fack — (UK dialectal) One of the four stomachs of a ruminating animal; rumen; paunch.
- gack — (often, repeated several times) The sound of a cat coughing up a hairball.
5 letter words containing ack
- aback — towards the back; backwards
- ackee — a sapindaceous tree, Blighia sapida, native to tropical Africa and cultivated in the Caribbean for its fruit, edible when cooked
- acker — a pimple
- ackey — a silver coin minted in England in the late 18th and early 19th centuries for use in western Africa.
- alack — used to express regret, surprise, dismay, etc.
6 letter words containing ack
- ackton — a quilted garment worn under mail in the 13th and 14th centuries; gambeson.
- arrack — a coarse spirit distilled in various Eastern countries from grain, rice, sugar cane, etc
- attack — To attack a person or place means to try to hurt or damage them using physical violence.
- backed — having a back or backing
- backer — A backer is someone who helps or supports a project, organization, or person, often by giving or lending money.
7 letter words containing ack
- ack-ack — anti-aircraft fire
- airpack — an apparatus consisting of a face mask connected to a portable air supply, as an air tank that can be strapped to one's back, used especially by firefighters and search teams in areas of smoke, poisonous fumes, intense heat, etc.
- backbar — Shipbuilding. a short length of angle iron fitted over flanges of two angle irons butted together side by side to connect or reinforce them.
- backfit — to retrofit, overhaul, esp an industrial plant
- backhoe — A backhoe is a large vehicle which is used for moving large amounts of earth.
8 letter words containing ack
- ack-emma — in the morning; a.m
- arc-back — an undesirable phenomenon, occurring in rectifier tubes, in which current flows in the reverse direction, from anode to cathode, as a result of arcing, limiting the usable voltage of the tube.
- attacked — to set upon in a forceful, violent, hostile, or aggressive way, with or without a weapon; begin fighting with: He attacked him with his bare hands.
- back-end — (programming) Any software performing either the final stage in a process, or a task not apparent to the user. A common usage is in a compiler. A compiler's back-end generates machine language and performs optimisations specific to the machine's architecture. The term can also be used in the context of network applications. E.g. "The back-end of the system handles socket protocols". Contrast front end.
- backache — Backache is a dull pain in your back.
9 letter words containing ack
- alackaday — alack
- amberjack — any of several large carangid fishes of the genus Seriola, esp S. dumerili, with golden markings when young, occurring in tropical and subtropical Atlantic waters
- antiblack — showing discrimination against Black people
- antwackie — old-fashioned
- applejack — a brandy made from apples; distilled cider
10 letter words containing ack
- adirondack — a member of an Algonquian people living mainly north of the St. Lawrence River.
- answerback — a reply or answering message from a computer or other electronic device, as by means of teletypewriter or simulated voice.
- back-alley — Back-alley activities are carried out unofficially, secretly, and often illegally.
- back-check — to skate back toward one's defensive zone obstructing or impeding the movement or progress of one or more opponents on attack. Compare check1 (def 15), fore-check.
- back-cloth — backdrop (def 1).
11 letter words containing ack
- acknowledge — If you acknowledge a fact or a situation, you accept or admit that it is true or that it exists.
- back-burner — a condition of low priority or temporary deferment (usually used in the phrase on the back burner): Put other issues on the back burner until after the election.
- back-loaded — to defer to a later date, as wages, benefits, or costs: The union agreed to back-load pay raises.
- back-logged — a reserve or accumulation, as of stock, work, or business: a backlog of business orders.
- back-mutate — to undergo back mutation.
12 letter words containing ack
- acknowledged — recognized as being true or existing
- acknowledger — to admit to be real or true; recognize the existence, truth, or fact of: to acknowledge one's mistakes.
- acknowledges — to admit to be real or true; recognize the existence, truth, or fact of: to acknowledge one's mistakes.
- assbackwards — in an order or way reverse from the usual: You've sewn the sleeve on assbackwards.
- back-patting — an act or instance of offering praise or congratulation: The winners indulged in a certain amount of mutual back-patting.
13 letter words containing ack
- anti-kickback — a percentage of income given to a person in a position of power or influence as payment for having made the income possible: usually considered improper or unethical.
- back-slapping — Back-slapping is noisy, cheerful behaviour which people use in order to show affection or appreciation to each other.
- back-stabbing — Back-stabbing consists of unkind and disloyal actions or remarks that are likely to harm someone such as a friend or colleague.
- backpedalling — to retard the forward motion by pressing backward on the pedal, especially of a bicycle with coaster brakes.
- backscratcher — an implement with a long handle, used for scratching one's back
14 letter words containing ack
- acknowledgedly — by general agreement, admittedly
- acknowledgment — An acknowledgment is a statement or action which recognizes that something exists or is true.
- anxiety-attack — an intense attack of anxiety characterized by feelings of impending doom and trembling, sweating, pounding heart, and other physical symptoms.
- back-and-forth — backward and forward; side to side; to and fro: a back-and-forth shuttling of buses to the stadium; the back-and-forth movement of a clock's pendulum.
- back-clearance — Machinery. the gradual termination of a groove on the body of an object not ending there, as the upper termination of a flute in a twist drill. Also called back clearance. a space in a depressed area of an object into which a machine tool or grinding wheel may safely enter at the end of a pass or operation.
15 letter words containing ack
- acknowledgeable — to admit to be real or true; recognize the existence, truth, or fact of: to acknowledge one's mistakes.
- acknowledgement — An acknowledgement is a statement or action which recognizes that something exists or is true.
- black-and-white — displaying only black and white tones; without color, as a picture or chart: a black-and-white photograph.
- black-marketeer — to sell articles in the black market.
- cream-crackered — exhausted
16 letter words containing ack
- clackmannanshire — a council area and historical county of central Scotland; became part of the Central region in 1975 but reinstated as an independent unitary authority in 1996; mainly agricultural. Administrative centre: Alloa. Pop: 47 680 (2003 est). Area: 142 sq km (55 sq miles)
- packet-switching — a method of efficient data transmission whereby the initial message is broken into relatively small units, or packets, that are routed independently and subsequently reassembled.
17 letter words containing ack
- bouncebackability — the ability to recover after a setback, esp in sport
- jack-in-the-green — (in England, formerly) a man who wore or supported a leaf-covered wooden framework while dancing in May-Day celebrations
- lackadaisicalness — without interest, vigor, or determination; listless; lethargic: a lackadaisical attempt.
- self-acknowledged — widely recognized; generally accepted: an acknowledged authority on Chinese art.
18 letter words containing ack
19 letter words containing ack
24 letter words containing ack
- black-english-vernacular — Also called African American Vernacular English, African American English, Afro-American English, Black English Vernacular, Black Vernacular English.a dialect of American English characterized by pronunciations, syntactic structures, and vocabulary associated with and used by some North American black people and exhibiting a wide variety and range of forms varying in the extent to which they differ from standard English.
On this page, we collect all words with ACK. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 3252 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains ACK that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.