Words containing ace
3 letter words containing ace
- ace — An ace is a playing card with a single symbol on it. In most card games, the ace of a particular suit has either the highest or the lowest value of the cards in that suit.
4 letter words containing ace
- aced — a playing card or die marked with or having the value indicated by a single spot: He dealt me four aces in the first hand.
- aceh — an autonomous region of N Indonesia, in N Sumatra; mountainous with rain forests; scene of separatist conflict since the late 1990s; coastal areas suffered badly in the Indian Ocean tsunami of December 2004. Capital: Banda Aceh. Pop: 3 930 905 (2000). Area: 55 392 sq km (21 381 sq miles)
- acer — any tree or shrub of the genus Acer, often cultivated for their brightly coloured foliage
- aces — a playing card or die marked with or having the value indicated by a single spot: He dealt me four aces in the first hand.
- bace — (rare) A blow; a drubbing.
5 letter words containing ace
6 letter words containing ace
- acedia — spiritual sloth or apathy
- acerra — (in Ancient Rome) A small box for holding incense.
- acetal — 1,1-diethoxyethane; a colourless volatile liquid used as a solvent and in perfumes. Formula: CH3CH(OC2H5)2
- acetic — of, containing, producing, or derived from acetic acid or vinegar
- acetin — any of three types of liquid acetate, formed from glycerol and acetic acid, chiefly used in explosives and solvents
7 letter words containing ace
8 letter words containing ace
- ace-high — esteemed; respected
- aceldama — the place near Jerusalem that was bought with the 30 pieces of silver paid to Judas for betraying Jesus (Matthew 27:8; Acts 1:19)
- acentric — without a centre
- acephate — a white solid compound, C 4 H 10 NO 3 PS, used as an insecticide against a wide range of plant pests, including aphids, budworms, and tent caterpillars.
- aceramic — not producing pottery: an aceramic South American culture.
9 letter words containing ace
- acellular — not made up of or containing cells
- acephalic — having no head or one that is reduced and indistinct
- acerbated — Simple past tense and past participle of acerbate.
- acerbates — Third-person singular simple present indicative form of acerbate.
- acervulus — a small, asexual spore-producing structure produced by certain parasitic fungi on a host plant
10 letter words containing ace
- about-face — An about-face is a complete change of attitude or opinion.
- acebutolol — a beta blocker, C 18 H 28 N 2 O 4 , used in the management of hypertension, angina pectoris, and cardiac arrhythmias.
- acephalous — having no head or one that is reduced and indistinct, as certain insect larvae
- acerbating — Present participle of acerbate.
- acerbation — (rare) Bitterness of feeling.
11 letter words containing ace
- acerbically — in an acerbic manner
- acetabulums — Plural form of acetabulum.
- acetanilide — a white crystalline powder used in the manufacture of dyes and rubber, as an analgesic in medicine, and as a precursor in penicillin manufacture. Formula: C6H5NHCOCH3
- acetoacetic — (organic chemistry) Of or pertaining to acetoacetic acid or its derivatives.
- acetobacter — any of several ellipsoidal or rodshaped aerobic bacteria of the genus Acetobacter, certain species of which are used in making vinegar.
12 letter words containing ace
- acanthaceous — of or relating to the Acanthaceae, a mainly tropical and subtropical family of flowering plants that includes the acanthus
- acenaphthene — (organic compound) A hydrocarbon, found in coal tar, derived from naphthalene by the addition of a short aliphatic bridge.
- acenesthesia — loss of the physical awareness of one's body.
- acepromazine — an orange-colored oil, C19H22N2OS, used as a tranquilizer, esp. to immobilize large animals, and to relieve nausea
- acetaldehyde — a colourless volatile pungent liquid, miscible with water, used in the manufacture of organic compounds and as a solvent and reducing agent. Formula: CH3CHO
13 letter words containing ace
- acetabuliform — saucer-shaped, as the fruiting bodies of certain lichens.
- acetaminophen — a white crystalline powder, CH3CONHC6H4OH, used for reducing fever and relieving pain
- acetanisidine — methacetin.
- acetate-rayon — Chemistry. a salt or ester of acetic acid.
- acetazolamide — a drug which operates by blocking the production of hydrogen ions and hydrogen carbonate, used to treat various conditions including epilepsy and glaucoma
14 letter words containing ace
- acetylcysteine — a substance, C 5 H 9 NO 3 S, used in solution as an inhalant to dissolve mucus in the treatment of chronic bronchitis, asthma, and emphysema and also used as an antidote in acetaminophen poisoning.
- air-to-surface — launched from an aircraft and directed at a land target
- amaranthaceous — of, relating to, or belonging to the Amaranthaceae (or Amarantaceae), a family of tropical and temperate herbaceous or shrubby flowering plants that includes the amaranths and cockscomb
- anacardiaceous — of, relating to, or belonging to the Anacardiaceae, a chiefly tropical family of trees and shrubs many of which have edible drupes. The family includes the cashew, mango, pistachio, and sumach
- balsaminaceous — of, relating to, or belonging to the Balsaminaceae, a family of flowering plants, including balsam and touch-me-not, that have irregular flowers and explosive capsules
15 letter words containing ace
- acetophenetidin — phenacetin
- acetylsalicylic — as in acetylsalicylic acid, aspirin
- alsace-lorraine — an area of NE France, comprising the modern regions of Alsace and Lorraine: under German rule 1871–1919 and 1940–44. Area: 14 522 sq km (5607 sq miles)
- amaryllidaceous — of, relating to, or belonging to the Amaryllidaceae, a family of widely cultivated flowering plants having bulbs and including the amaryllis, snowdrop, narcissus, and daffodil
- asclepiadaceous — of, relating to, or belonging to the Asclepiadaceae, a family of mostly tropical and subtropical flowering plants, including the milkweed and swallowwort, having pollen in the form of a waxy mass (pollinium): now usually regarded as a subfamily of the Apocynaceae
16 letter words containing ace
- acetylandromedol — grayanotoxin.
- acetylsalicylate — a salt or ester of acetylsalicylic acid.
- caryophyllaceous — of, relating to, or belonging to the Caryophyllaceae, a family of flowering plants including the pink, carnation, sweet william, and chickweed
- diacetylmorphine — heroin.
- dihydroxyacetone — (organic compound) The compound CO(CH2OH)2 that has a number of industrial uses.
17 letter words containing ace
- acenaphthoquinone — (organic compound) A polycyclic aromatic quinone derived from acenaphthene, used as an intermediate for the manufacturing of dyes, pharmaceuticals and pesticides.
- aristolochiaceous — belonging to the Aristolochiaceae, the birthwort family of plants.
- biopharmaceutical — of or relating to drugs produced using biotechnology
- chloracetophenone — chloroacetophenone.
- diphenylacetylene — tolan.
18 letter words containing ace
- chloroacetophenone — a white, crystalline, water-insoluble, poisonous solid, C 8 H 7 ClO, used in solution as a tear gas. Abbreviation: CN.
- phenylacetaldehyde — a colorless, oily, water-insoluble liquid, C 3 H 1 4 O, having a hyacinthlike odor: used chiefly in perfumery.
- surface-to-surface — (of a missile, message, etc.) capable of traveling from a base on the surface of the earth to a target also on the surface.
19 letter words containing ace
20 letter words containing ace
21 letter words containing ace
26 letter words containing ace
- ethylenediaminetetraacetic — Alternative spelling of ethylenediaminetetracetic.
On this page, we collect all words with ACE. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 2243 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains ACE that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.