Words containing acant
6 letter words containing acant
- vacant — having no contents; empty; void: a vacant niche.
7 letter words containing acant
8 letter words containing acant
- acanthin — an organic chemical used in medicine as a treatment for snake venom
- acantho- — indicating a spine or thorn
- acanthus — any shrub or herbaceous plant of the genus Acanthus, native to the Mediterranean region but widely cultivated as ornamental plants, having large spiny leaves and spikes of white or purplish flowers: family Acanthaceae
- agaçant — provocative
- vacantly — having no contents; empty; void: a vacant niche.
9 letter words containing acant
10 letter words containing acant
- acanthosis — (medicine) A benign abnormal thickening of the stratum spinosum, or prickle cell, layer of the epidermis.(First attested in the late 19th century.).
- coelacanth — a primitive marine bony fish of the genus Latimeria (subclass Crossopterygii), having fleshy limblike pectoral fins and occurring off the coast of E Africa: thought to be extinct until a living specimen was discovered in 1938
- pyracantha — firethorn.
- tragacanth — a gummy substance derived from various low, spiny, Asian shrubs belonging to the genus Astragalus, of the legume family, especially A. gummifer: used to impart firmness to pills and lozenges, stiffen calicoes, etc.
11 letter words containing acant
- acanthocyte — an abnormal red blood cell having spiny projections, found in the blood of persons with abetalipoproteinemia and certain malabsorption disorders.
- acanthodian — any small, spiny-finned, sharklike fish of the extinct order Acanthodii, from the Paleozoic Era.
- acanthology — the study of spines, as in sea urchins or certain spiny-headed worms, particularly as they relate to taxonomic classification.
- anacanthous — having no spines or thorns.
- coelacanths — Plural form of coelacanth.
12 letter words containing acant
14 letter words containing acant
- acanthocytosis — a condition characterized by large numbers of acanthocytes in the blood.
15 letter words containing acant
16 letter words containing acant
17 letter words containing acant
- acanthopterygians — Plural form of acanthopterygian.
On this page, we collect all words with ACANT. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 41 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains ACANT that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.