Words containing acan
5 letter words containing acan
- acana — (botany) A tree from the West Indies that was valued for its wood and was one of two species, Manilkara albescens or Manilkara bidentata, both from the Sapotaceae family.
- lacan — Jacques, 1901–81, French philosopher and psychoanalyst.
- tacan — an electronic ultrahigh-frequency navigation system for aircraft which gives a continuous indication of bearing and distance from a transmitting station
6 letter words containing acan
7 letter words containing acan
- acantha — a pointed, projecting structure, such as a thorn or prickle
- acanthi — Irregular plural form of acanthus.
- ithacan — one of the Ionian Islands, off the W coast of Greece: legendary home of Ulysses. 37 sq. mi. (96 sq. km). Greek Itháki.
- jacanas — Plural form of jacana.
- monacan — a native or inhabitant of Monaco.
8 letter words containing acan
- acanthin — an organic chemical used in medicine as a treatment for snake venom
- acantho- — indicating a spine or thorn
- acanthus — any shrub or herbaceous plant of the genus Acanthus, native to the Mediterranean region but widely cultivated as ornamental plants, having large spiny leaves and spikes of white or purplish flowers: family Acanthaceae
- agaçant — provocative
- barbacan — barbican.
9 letter words containing acan
10 letter words containing acan
- acanaceous — possessing prickles or thorns
- acanthosis — (medicine) A benign abnormal thickening of the stratum spinosum, or prickle cell, layer of the epidermis.(First attested in the late 19th century.).
- coelacanth — a primitive marine bony fish of the genus Latimeria (subclass Crossopterygii), having fleshy limblike pectoral fins and occurring off the coast of E Africa: thought to be extinct until a living specimen was discovered in 1938
- macanalyst — An analysis CASE tool for the Macintosh from Excel Software, Inc.
- pyracantha — firethorn.
11 letter words containing acan
- acanthocyte — an abnormal red blood cell having spiny projections, found in the blood of persons with abetalipoproteinemia and certain malabsorption disorders.
- acanthodian — any small, spiny-finned, sharklike fish of the extinct order Acanthodii, from the Paleozoic Era.
- acanthology — the study of spines, as in sea urchins or certain spiny-headed worms, particularly as they relate to taxonomic classification.
- anacanthous — having no spines or thorns.
- coelacanths — Plural form of coelacanth.
12 letter words containing acan
13 letter words containing acan
- entomostracan — any small crustacean of the group (formerly subclass) Entomostraca, including the branchiopods, ostracods, and copepods
- heterostracan — any of several ostracoderms of the order Heterostraci, from the Silurian and Devonian Periods, having the anterior part of the body enclosed in bony plates.
- malacostracan — belonging or pertaining to the crustacean subclass Malacostraca, which includes the lobsters, shrimps, crabs, etc.
14 letter words containing acan
15 letter words containing acan
16 letter words containing acan
17 letter words containing acan
- acanthopterygians — Plural form of acanthopterygian.
On this page, we collect all words with ACAN. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 69 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains ACAN that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.