Words containing aca
3 letter words containing aca
- aca — Associate of the Institute of Chartered Accountants
4 letter words containing aca
5 letter words containing aca
- abaca — a Philippine plant, Musa textilis, related to the banana: family Musaceae. Its leafstalks are the source of Manila hemp
- acad. — academy
- acana — (botany) A tree from the West Indies that was valued for its wood and was one of two species, Manilkara albescens or Manilkara bidentata, both from the Sapotaceae family.
- acara — Any of a number of Central American and South American freshwater fish in the family Cichlidae.
- acari — plural of acarus.
6 letter words containing aca
- abacas — Plural form of abaca.
- acacia — An acacia or an acacia tree is a tree which grows in warm countries and which usually has small yellow or white flowers.
- acadia — the Atlantic Provinces of Canada
- acajou — a type of mahogany used by cabinet-makers in France
- acarid — any of the small arachnids of the order Acarina (or Acari), which includes the ticks and mites
7 letter words containing aca
- abacate — Avocado.
- acacias — Plural form of acacia.
- academe — The academic world of universities is sometimes referred to as academe.
- academy — Academy is sometimes used in the names of schools and colleges, especially those specializing in particular subjects or skills, or private high schools in the United States.
- acadian — denoting or relating to Acadia or its inhabitants
8 letter words containing aca
- academes — the campus activity, life, and interests of a college or university; the academic world.
- academia — Academia refers to all the academics in a particular country or region, the institutions they work in, and their work.
- academic — Academic is used to describe things that relate to the work done in schools, colleges, and universities, especially work which involves studying and reasoning rather than practical or technical skills.
- academus — an Arcadian whose estate became a meeting place for Athenian philosophers.
- acalypha — Any of the genus Acalypha of flowering plants in the family Euphorbiaceae.
9 letter words containing aca
- academese — pedantic, pretentious, and often confusing academic jargon: a presumably scholarly article written in incomprehensible academese.
- academian — (historical, obsolete) A follower of w Plato. (Attested from the mid 16th century until the late 17th century.)Brown, Lesley, ed. The Shorter Oxford English Dictionary. 5th. Oxford: Oxford University Press, 2003.
- academics — of or relating to a college, academy, school, or other educational institution, especially one for higher education: academic requirements.
- academies — Plural form of academy.
- academise — to reduce (a subject) to a rigid set of rules, principles, precepts, etc.: futile attempts to academize the visual arts.
10 letter words containing aca
- academical — academic.
- acalculiac — One who is unable to employ basic mathematical skills, often as a medical condition.
- acanaceous — possessing prickles or thorns
- acanthosis — (medicine) A benign abnormal thickening of the stratum spinosum, or prickle cell, layer of the epidermis.(First attested in the late 19th century.).
- acaricidal — destructive or fatal to mites and ticks
11 letter words containing aca
- abracadabra — Abracadabra is a word that someone says when they are performing a magic trick in order to make the magic happen.
- academicals — traditional academic clothing; cap and gown
- academician — An academician is a member of an academy, usually one which has been formed to improve or maintain standards in a particular field.
- academicism — adherence to rules and traditions in art, literature, etc; conventionalism
- academicize — academize.
12 letter words containing aca
- abracadabras — Plural form of abracadabra.
- academically — in relation to an academy
- academicians — Plural form of academician.
- acanthaceous — of or relating to the Acanthaceae, a mainly tropical and subtropical family of flowering plants that includes the acanthus
- acatalectics — Plural form of acatalectic.
13 letter words containing aca
- acaridomatium — a place on a plant leaf suitable for mites to live
- acatamathesia — the inability to understand what the senses detect, in particular conversation
- anti-academic — of or relating to a college, academy, school, or other educational institution, especially one for higher education: academic requirements.
- anti-macassar — a small covering, usually ornamental, placed on the backs and arms of upholstered furniture to prevent wear or soiling; a tidy.
- antimacassars — Plural form of antimacassar.
14 letter words containing aca
- acanthocytosis — a condition characterized by large numbers of acanthocytes in the blood.
- anacardiaceous — of, relating to, or belonging to the Anacardiaceae, a chiefly tropical family of trees and shrubs many of which have edible drupes. The family includes the cashew, mango, pistachio, and sumach
- bibliomaniacal — relating to a bibliomaniac
- extracanonical — not included in the canon of Scripture
- genethliacally — from a genethliac point of view
15 letter words containing aca
- academicianship — A membership in a national academy of arts or sciences.
- acanthocephalan — any of the parasitic wormlike invertebrates of the phylum Acanthocephala, the adults of which have a spiny proboscis and live in the intestines of vertebrates
- cacodaemoniacal — Demonic; evil.
- carpometacarpal — Anatomy. of or relating to the carpus and the metacarpus.
- carpometacarpus — a bone in the wing of a bird that consists of the metacarpal bones and some of the carpal bones fused together
16 letter words containing aca
- acanthocephalans — Plural form of acanthocephalan.
- acanthopterygian — of, relating to, or belonging to the Acanthopterygii, a large group of teleost fishes having spiny fin rays. The group includes most saltwater bony fishes
- keratoacanthomas — Plural form of keratoacanthoma.
- megalomaniacally — In a megalomaniacal manner.
- whatchamacallits — Plural form of whatchamacallit.
17 letter words containing aca
On this page, we collect all words with ACA. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 495 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains ACA that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.