Words containing abs
3 letter words containing abs
- abs — Abs are the same as abdominals.
4 letter words containing abs
5 letter words containing abs
- abset — (language) An early declarative language from the University of Aberdeen.
- absit — permission for a student to be absent from university for a short period
- absys — (language) An early declarative language from the University of Aberdeen which anticipated a number of features of Prolog.
- crabs — the lowest throw in a game of chance, esp two aces in dice
- drabs — Plural form of drab.
6 letter words containing abs
- abdabs — a case of extreme anxiety
- absail — Misspelling of abseil.
- abscam — the code name for an FBI investigation (1978–80) of bribery, involving members of Congress.
- abseil — To abseil down a cliff or rock face means to slide down it in a controlled way using a rope, with your feet against the cliff or rock.
- absent — If someone or something is absent from a place or situation where they should be or where they usually are, they are not there.
7 letter words containing abs
- absalom — the third son of David, who rebelled against his father and was eventually killed by Joab (II Samuel 15–18)
- abscess — An abscess is a painful swelling containing pus.
- abscind — to cut off
- abscise — to separate or be separated by abscission
- abscond — If someone absconds from somewhere such as a prison, they escape from it or leave it without permission.
8 letter words containing abs
- abscisic — Of or pertaining to abscisic acid or its derivatives. (First attested in the mid 20th century.).
- abscisin — a plant hormone that plays a major role in adapting plants to suit different weather conditions
- abscissa — the horizontal or x-coordinate of a point in a two-dimensional system of Cartesian coordinates. It is the distance from the y-axis measured parallel to the x-axis
- absconds — Third-person singular simple present indicative form of abscond.
- abseiled — Simple past tense and past participle of abseil.
9 letter words containing abs
- absailing — Misspelling of abseiling.
- abscessed — a localized collection of pus in the tissues of the body, often accompanied by swelling and inflammation and frequently caused by bacteria.
- abscesses — Plural form of abscess.
- abscising — Present participle of abscise.
- abscissae — (in plane Cartesian coordinates) the x-coordinate of a point: its distance from the y-axis measured parallel to the x-axis.
10 letter words containing abs
- abscessing — Present participle of abscess.
- abscession — A separating; removal.
- abscission — the separation of leaves, branches, flowers, and bark from plants by the formation of an abscission layer
- absconders — Plural form of absconder.
- absconding — running away, esp from an open prison or to avoid prosecution or punishment
11 letter words containing abs
- abscessions — Plural form of abscession.
- abscondence — secret concealment or seclusion, or the action of absconding
- abscondment — An act of absconding or escaping.
- absenteeism — Absenteeism is the fact or habit of frequently being away from work or school, usually without a good reason.
- absentness' — not in a certain place at a given time; away, missing (opposed to present): absent from class.
12 letter words containing abs
- absentminded — so lost in thought that one does not realize what one is doing, what is happening, etc.; preoccupied to the extent of being unaware of one's immediate surroundings.
- absinthiated — containing wormwood
- absoluteness — the quality of being absolute
- absolutistic — relating to absolutism or absolutists
- absorptional — Relating to absorption.
13 letter words containing abs
- absent-minded — Someone who is absent-minded forgets things or does not pay attention to what they are doing, often because they are thinking about something else.
- absorbability — to suck up or drink in (a liquid); soak up: A sponge absorbs water.
- absquatulated — Simple past tense and past participle of absquatulate.
- abstentionism — the policy of withholding one's vote or refusing to participate in some other aspect of the political process
- abstentionist — a person who practises or advocates abstention or abstentionism
14 letter words containing abs
- absentmindedly — so lost in thought that one does not realize what one is doing, what is happening, etc.; preoccupied to the extent of being unaware of one's immediate surroundings.
- absorbefacient — a medicine or other agent that promotes absorption
- absorptiometer — an instrument that measures absorption of light, esp by a solution
- absorptiometry — (chemistry) Analysis using an absorptiometer.
- absorptiveness — the quality of being absorptive
15 letter words containing abs
- absent-mindedly — so lost in thought that one does not realize what one is doing, what is happening, etc.; preoccupied to the extent of being unaware of one's immediate surroundings.
- absorbabilities — Plural form of absorbability.
- abstentiousness — The state or quality of being abstentious.
- self-absorption — preoccupation with oneself or one's own affairs.
- semiabstraction — a work of art whose subject matter is semi-abstract
16 letter words containing abs
17 letter words containing abs
- axis-of-abscissas — x-axis (def 1).
On this page, we collect all words with ABS. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 375 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains ABS that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.