Words containing abol
6 letter words containing abol
- abolla — a cloak worn by Roman soldiers, worn draped over one shoulder and fastened with a metal brooch
7 letter words containing abol
8 letter words containing abol
9 letter words containing abol
- abolished — Formally put an end to (a system, practice, or institution).
- abolisher — Agent noun of abolish; one who abolishes. (First attested from the mid 17th century.).
- abolishes — Third-person singular simple present indicative form of abolish.
- abolition — The abolition of something such as a system or practice is its formal ending.
- anabolism — a metabolic process in which complex molecules are synthesized from simpler ones with the storage of energy; constructive metabolism
10 letter words containing abol
- abolishing — Present participle of abolish.
- ametabolic — (of certain insects) having no obvious metamorphosis
- catabolise — to cause (a nutrient or other substance) to undergo catabolism.
- catabolism — a metabolic process in which complex molecules are broken down into simple ones with the release of energy; destructive metabolism
- catabolite — a substance produced as a result of catabolism
11 letter words containing abol
- abolishable — Capable of being abolished. (First attested from the mid 17th century.).
- abolishment — to do away with; put an end to; annul; make void: to abolish slavery.
- abolitional — aiming to abolish something, esp slavery
- ametabolism — a form of growth or life cycle with little or no metamorphosis
- ametabolous — without metamorphosis
12 letter words containing abol
- abolitionary — Relating to or favoring abolition.
- abolitionism — the principle or policy of abolition, especially of slavery of blacks in the U.S.
- abolitionist — An abolitionist is someone who campaigns for the abolition of a particular system or practice.
- abolitionize — (esp. prior to the Civil War) to convert (persons, a region, a state, etc.) to abolitionism.
- antimetabole — the repetition of words in reverse order for emphasis
13 letter words containing abol
- abolitionists — (especially prior to the Civil War) a person who advocated or supported the abolition of slavery in the U.S.
- antimetabolic — inhibiting metabolism
- catabolically — In terms of catabolism.
- hemimetabolic — (zoology) Having an incomplete metamorphosis, the larvae differing from the adults chiefly in lacking wings.
- holometabolic — Of, pertaining to, or undergoing holometabolism.
14 letter words containing abol
- antimetabolite — any drug that acts by disrupting the normal growth of a cell. Sulfonamide drugs are antimetabolites and some antimetabolites are used in cancer treatment
- diabolicalness — The state or quality of being diabolical.
- hemimetabolism — incomplete metamorphosis.
- hemimetabolous — incomplete metamorphosis.
- holometabolism — The complete metamorphosis of an insect.
15 letter words containing abol
- antimetabolites — Plural form of antimetabolite.
- hypercatabolism — an abnormally high metabolic breakdown of a substance or tissue which leads to weight loss and physical deterioration
- hypermetabolism — Biology, Physiology. the sum of the physical and chemical processes in an organism by which its material substance is produced, maintained, and destroyed, and by which energy is made available. Compare anabolism, catabolism.
- paurometabolous — designating or of a group of insect orders, as orthopterans or hemipterans, in which metamorphosis to the adult state from the juvenile state is gradual and without any sudden, radical change of body form
16 letter words containing abol
- heterometabolism — insect development in which the young hatch in a form very similar to the adult and then mature without a pupal stage
- heterometabolous — undergoing development in which the young are born adultlike in form, often maturing without a pupal stage.
- pro-abolitionist — (especially prior to the Civil War) a person who advocated or supported the abolition of slavery in the U.S.
On this page, we collect all words with ABOL. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 111 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains ABOL that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.