Words containing abb
4 letter words containing abb
- abba — Swedish pop group (1972–82): comprised Benny Andersson (born 1946), Agnetha Faltskog (born 1950), Anni-Frid Lyngstad (born 1945), and Bjorn Ulvaeus (born 1945); numerous hit singles included "Waterloo" (1974), "Dancing Queen" (1977), and "The Winner Takes It All" (1980)
- abbe — Ernst. 1840–1905, German physicist, noted for his work in optics and the microscope condenser known as the Abbe condenser
- abbr — abbreviated
- abbs — Plural form of abb.
- abby — a female given name, form of Abigail.
5 letter words containing abb
- abbai — the part of the Blue Nile above Lake Tana.
- abbas — Ferhat. 1899–1985, Algerian nationalist leader: joined the National Liberation Front (1956); president of the provisional government of the Algerian republic (1958–61)
- abbat — Archaic spelling of abbot.
- abbed — displaying well-developed abdominal muscles
- abbes — a member of the secular clergy.
6 letter words containing abb
- abbacy — the office, term of office, or jurisdiction of an abbot or abbess
- abbado — Claudio. 1933–2014, Italian conductor; principal conductor of the London Symphony Orchestra (1979–88); director of the Vienna State Opera (1986–91), and the Berlin Philharmonic (1989–2001)
- abbasi — (historical) A silver coin of Persia, introduced by Safavid Shah Abbas in 16th century, worth about twenty cents.
- abbess — An abbess is the nun who is in charge of the other nuns in a convent.
- abbeys — Plural form of abbey.
7 letter words containing abb
- -babble — jargon or wordy and confusing language related to or characteristic of a (specified) field, group, etc.
- abbasid — any caliph of the dynasty that ruled the Muslim empire from Baghdad (750–1258) and claimed descent from Abbas, uncle of Mohammed
- abbozzo — (art) A rough drawing or model.
- abbrev. — abbreviation
- babbage — Charles 1792–1871, English mathematician and inventor, who built a calculating machine that anticipated the modern electronic computer
8 letter words containing abb
- abbacies — Plural form of abbacy.
- abbassid — a member of the dynasty of caliphs that ruled Baghdad ( a.d. 750-1258) and claimed descent from Mohammed's uncle, Abbas
- abbatial — of or relating to an abbot, abbess, or abbey
- abbesses — Plural form of abbess.
- babbitry — the attitude and behavior of a Babbitt.
9 letter words containing abb
- abbatical — (obsolete) alternate form of abbatial (Attested from the mid 17th century until the mid 19th century.).
- abbeville — a town in N France: brewing, sugar-refining, and carpet industries. Pop: 24 567 (1999)
- archabbey — An abbey which is the seat of an archabbot (high monastic rank within an order or congregation).
- archabbot — In certain Catholic (notably Benedictine) congregations, the title of the general superior, ranking above all other abbots, vested in a particular abbey, which hence is called an archabbey (usually its motherhouse, such as Beuron, which gave its name to a Benedictine congregation).
- babbitted — Simple past tense and past participle of babbitt.
10 letter words containing abb
- abba-dabba — a person or thing of little importance.
- abbotsford — estate (1812-32) of Sir Walter Scott, on the Tweed in SE Scotland
- abbreviate — If you abbreviate something, especially a word or a piece of writing, you make it shorter.
- babbitting — Present participle of babbitt.
- babblative — having a tendency to babble; loquacious
11 letter words containing abb
- abbevillian — the period represented by Lower Palaeolithic European sites containing the earliest hand axes, dating from the Mindel glaciation
- abbreviated — made into a shorter form
- abbreviates — Third-person singular simple present indicative form of abbreviate.
- abbreviator — to shorten (a word or phrase) by omitting letters, substituting shorter forms, etc., so that the shortened form can represent the whole word or phrase, as ft. for foot, ab. for about, R.I. for Rhode Island, NW for Northwest, or Xn for Christian.
- backstabbed — Simple past tense and past participle of backstab.
12 letter words containing abb
13 letter words containing abb
- abbreviations — a shortened or contracted form of a word or phrase, used to represent the whole, as Dr. for Doctor, U.S. for United States, lb. for pound.
- back-stabbing — Back-stabbing consists of unkind and disloyal actions or remarks that are likely to harm someone such as a friend or colleague.
- cabbalistical — cabbalistic
- flabbergasted — to overcome with surprise and bewilderment; astound.
- flabbergaster — to overcome with surprise and bewilderment; astound.
14 letter words containing abb
- flabbergasting — to overcome with surprise and bewilderment; astound.
- flabberghasted — Simple past tense and past participle of flabberghast.
- rabble-rousing — of, relating to, or characteristic of a rabble-rouser.
- shabby-genteel — trying to maintain dignity and self-respect despite shabbiness.
- shabby-looking — appearing old and in bad condition
15 letter words containing abb
- cabbalistically — Alternative spelling of cabalistically.
16 letter words containing abb
17 letter words containing abb
- headline-grabbing — A headline-grabbing statement or activity is one that is intended to attract a lot of attention, especially from the media.
18 letter words containing abb
- attention-grabbing — An attention-grabbing remark or activity is one that is intended to make people notice it.
On this page, we collect all words with ABB. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 444 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains ABB that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.