Words containing a, l
5 letter words containing a, l
- a-law — (standard) The ITU-T standard for nonuniform quantising logarithmic compression. The equation for A-law is | A | ------- (m/mp) |m/mp| =< 1/A | 1+ln A y = | | sgn(m) | ------ (1 + ln A|m/mp|) 1/A =< |m/mp| =< 1 | 1+ln A Values of u=100 and 255, A=87.6, mp is the Peak message value, m is the current quantised message value. (The formulae get simpler if you substitute x for m/mp and sgn(x) for sgn(m); then -1 <= x <= 1.) Converting from u-LAW to A-LAW introduces quantising errors. u-law is used in North America and Japan, and A-law is used in Europe and the rest of the world and international routes.
- fa-la — a text or refrain in old songs.
6 letter words containing a, l
8 letter words containing a, l
- sea-lion — any of several large eared seals, as Eumetopias jubatus (Steller's sea lion) of the northern Pacific, and Zalophus californicus (California sea lion) of the Pacific coast of North America.
9 letter words containing a, l
- aqua-lung — a type of scuba apparatus no longer much used
- lava-lava — the principal garment for both sexes in Polynesia, especially in Samoa, consisting of a piece of printed cloth worn as a loincloth or skirt.
- lava-like — resembling lava in behaviour or consistency
- opa-locka — a town in S Florida.
- tana-lake — a river in E Africa, in Kenya, flowing SE to the Indian Ocean. 500 miles (800 km) long.
10 letter words containing a, l
- a-language — (language) An early ALGOL-like surface syntax for Lisp.
- calla-lily — Also called calla lily, arum lily. any of several plants belonging to the genus Zantedeschia, of the arum family, especially Z. aethiopica, having arrow-shaped leaves and a large white spathe enclosing a yellow spike.
- chug-a-lug — to consume (a drink) in one gulp
- mar-a-lago — an estate and resort in Palm Beach, Florida; used by Donald Trump as a presidential retreat
- pizza-like — similar to or resembling pizza
11 letter words containing a, l
12 letter words containing a, l
- chuck-a-luck — a gambling game in which players bet on the way three dice, contained in an hourglass-shaped cage, will fall when the cage is pivoted
- ring-a-levio — a children's game in which members of one group try to find and capture hiding members of another group: a captured player is kept in a circle drawn on the ground and is set free when tagged by a teammate
13 letter words containing a, l
- cock-a-leekie — a soup made by boiling chicken with leeks
- penny-a-liner — a hack writer.
- ring-a-lievio — a game played usually between two teams in which the members of one team attempt to find, capture, and imprison the members of the other, who can be freed only by a teammate not yet captured.
- ultra-leftism — the beliefs of extremely left-wing political parties or groups
- ultra-leftist — a person with extremely left-wing political views
16 letter words containing a, l
On this page, we collect all words with A, L. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 43 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains A, L that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.