Words containing z, a
3 letter words containing z, a
4 letter words containing z, a
- adze — a heavy hand tool with a steel cutting blade attached at right angles to a wooden handle, used for dressing timber
- ahaz — a king of Judah, 735?–715? b.c. II Kings 16; II Chron. 28:9.
- anza — Juan Bautista de [hwahn bou-tees-tah th e] /ʰwɑn baʊˈtis tɑ ðɛ/ (Show IPA), 1735–88, Spanish frontiersman and army officer, born in Mexico: explored western coast of U.S.
- aza- — denoting the presence of nitrogen, esp a nitrogen atom in place of a -CH group or an -NH group in place of a -CH2 group
- azan — the call to prayer five times a day, usually by a muezzin from a minaret
5 letter words containing z, a
- abuzz — If someone says that a place is abuzz with rumours or plans, they mean that everyone there is excited about them.
- abzug — Bella (Savitzky) [suh-vit-skee] /səˈvɪt ski/ (Show IPA), 1920–98, U.S. politician and women's-rights activist: congresswoman 1971–76.
- achaz — Ahaz.
- adoze — asleep; dozing
- adzed — an axlike tool, for dressing timbers roughly, with a curved, chisellike steel head mounted at a right angle to the wooden handle.
6 letter words containing z, a
- abkhaz — a member of a Georgian people living east of the Black Sea
- ablaze — Something that is ablaze is burning very fiercely.
- abrazo — an embrace used as a greeting or on parting in Spain and Latin America
- adzing — an axlike tool, for dressing timbers roughly, with a curved, chisellike steel head mounted at a right angle to the wooden handle.
- adzuki — a leguminous plant, Phaseolus angularis, that has yellow flowers and pods containing edible brown seeds; widely cultivated as a food crop in China and Japan
7 letter words containing z, a
- abruzzi — a region of S central Italy, between the Apennines and the Adriatic. Capital: Aquila. Pop: 1 273 284 (2003 est). Area: 10 794 sq km (4210 sq miles)
- adazzle — dazzling; glitteringly bright: a street adazzle with Christmas displays.
- agassiz — Jean Louis Rodolphe (ʒɑ̃ lwi rɔdɔlf). 1807–73, Swiss natural historian and geologist, settled in the US after 1846
- agatize — to turn into agate
- agenize — to whiten (flour) using agene
8 letter words containing z, a
- abkhazia — a disputed region of NW Georgia, between the Black Sea and the Caucasus Mountains: a subtropical region, with mountains rising over 3900 m (13 000 ft); Abkhazian separatists seized control of the region in 1993; Russia formally recognized it as an independent republic following the Russian-Georgian war of 2008, although Georgia still claims the region as part of its territory. Capital: Sukhumi. Pop: 220 600 (2006 est). Area: 8600 sq km (3320 sq miles)
- accurize — to improve the accuracy of (a firearm).
- activize — to make active
- adabazar — former name of Adapazari.
- adfreeze — to adhere through the binding power of ice.
9 letter words containing z, a
- abkhazian — a Caucasian language of Abkhazia, best known for its rich consonantism.
- academize — to reduce (a subject) to a rigid set of rules, principles, precepts, etc.: futile attempts to academize the visual arts.
- accurized — to improve the accuracy of (a firearm).
- actualize — to make actual or real
- adapazari — city in NW Turkey: pop. 152,000
10 letter words containing z, a
- abdul-aziz — 1830-76; sultan of Turkey (1861-76)
- absolutize — to make absolute
- actinozoan — anthozoan
- adrenalize — to stir to action; excite: The promise of victory adrenalized the team.
- advertized — to announce or praise (a product, service, etc.) in some public medium of communication in order to induce people to buy or use it: to advertise a new brand of toothpaste.
11 letter words containing z, a
- abnormalize — to make abnormal.
- academicize — academize.
- accessorize — To accessorize something such as a set of furniture or clothing means to add other things to it in order to make it look more attractive.
- acclimatize — When you acclimatize or are acclimatized to a new situation, place, or climate, you become used to it.
- acculturize — to cause (a nation, tribe, or other ethnic group) to adopt the culture of another people.
12 letter words containing z, a
13 letter words containing z, a
- accessorizing — to fit or equip with accessories: to accessorize a car with special seat covers.
- acetazolamide — a drug which operates by blocking the production of hydrogen ions and hydrogen carbonate, used to treat various conditions including epilepsy and glaucoma
- acetylbenzene — acetophenone.
- actualization — the act or process of actualizing.
- advertizement — a paid announcement, as of goods for sale, in newspapers or magazines, on radio or television, etc.
14 letter words containing z, a
- africanization — to replace the European or white staff of (an organization in Africa) with black Africans.
- aggrandizement — If someone does something for aggrandizement, they do it in order to get power, wealth, and importance for themselves.
- allegorization — to make into an allegory; narrate allegorically.
- aminophenazone — a crystalline compound used to reduce pain and fever. Formula: C13H17N3O
- antagonization — to make hostile or unfriendly; make an enemy or antagonist of: His speech antagonized many voters.
15 letter words containing z, a
- accessorization — to fit or equip with accessories: to accessorize a car with special seat covers.
- acclimatization — The act of acclimatizing; the process of inuring to a new climate, or the state of being so inured.
- adjectivization — Grammar. to make into an adjective, as by adding a suffix: The noun mirth can be adjectivized by adding -ful or -less to form the adjectives mirthful and mirthless.
- americanization — Americanization is the process by which people or countries become more and more similar to Americans and the United States.
- anesthetization — to render physically insensible, as by an anesthetic.
16 letter words containing z, a
- amidinohydrazone — any of a group of pesticides, originally developed as antimalarial and antitubercular drugs, that impair cell respiration in cockroaches, red ants, and other insects.
- anathematization — to pronounce an anathema against; denounce; curse.
- anthropomorphize — to attribute or ascribe human form or behaviour to (a god, animal, object, etc)
- autoimmunization — antibody production by an organism in response to and against any of its own tissues, cells, or cell components.
- characterization — Characterization is the way an author or an actor describes or shows what a character is like.
17 letter words containing z, a
- anthropomorphized — Simple past tense and past participle of anthropomorphize.
- anzhero-sudzhensk — a city in the S Russian Federation in Central Asia.
- ashby-de-la-zouch — a town in central England, in Leicestershire: Mary, Queen of Scots, was imprisoned (1569) in the castle. Pop: 11 409 (2001)
- autosensitization — autoimmunization.
- benzeneazobenzene — azobenzene.
18 letter words containing z, a
- agro-industrialize — to industrialize the agriculture of: to agro-industrialize a developing nation.
- anti-globalization — a political belief opposed to the emergence of a single world market dominated by multinational companies
- bosnia-herzegovina — a country in SE Europe; a constituent republic of Yugoslavia until 1991; in a state of civil war (1992–95); Serbian and Croatian forces were also involved: mostly barren and mountainous, with forests in the east. Languages: Bosnian, Croatian, and Serbian (formerly all regarded together as Serbo-Croat). Religion: Muslim, Serbian Orthodox, and Roman Catholic. Currency: marka (pegged to the euro). Capital: Sarajevo. Pop: 3 875 723 (2013 est). Area: 51 129 sq km (19 737 sq miles)
- conditionalization — the derivation from an argument of a conditional statement with the conjunction of the premises as antecedent and the conclusion as consequent. If the argument is valid, conditionalization yields a truth
- decompartmentalize — to remove excessive compartmentalization from (an organization)
19 letter words containing z, a
- conventionalization — to make conventional.
- cosmopolitanization — to make cosmopolitan.
- cross-fertilization — fertilization by the fusion of male and female gametes from different individuals of the same species
- de-compartmentalize — to divide into categories or compartments.
- de-internationalize — to make international, as in scope or character: a local conflict that was internationalized into a major war.
20 letter words containing z, a
21 letter words containing z, a
- deprovincialization's — to make provincial in character.
22 letter words containing z, a
- agro-industrialization — to industrialize the agriculture of: to agro-industrialize a developing nation.
- charleville-mézières — twin towns on opposite sides of the River Meuse in NE France. Pop: 55 490 (1999)
- deinstitutionalization — to release (a person with mental or physical disabilities) from a hospital, asylum, home, or other institution with the intention of providing treatment, support, or rehabilitation primarily through community resources under the supervision of health-care professionals or facilities.
23 letter words containing z, a
- de-compartmentalization — to divide into categories or compartments.
On this page, we collect all words with Z, A. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 6442 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains Z, A that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.