Words containing y, n, e
5 letter words containing y, n, e
- bendy — A bendy object bends easily into a curved or angled shape.
- benny — an amphetamine tablet, esp benzedrine: a stimulant
- boyne — a river in the E Republic of Ireland, rising in the Bog of Allen and flowing northeast to the Irish Sea: William III of England defeated the deposed James II in a battle (Battle of the Boyne) on its banks in 1690, completing the overthrow of the Stuart cause in Ireland. Length: about 112 km (70 miles)
- byrne — Donn [don] /dɒn/ (Show IPA), Donn-Byrne, Brian Oswald.
- coney — a kind of rabbit or a pika: early term no longer in scientific use
6 letter words containing y, n, e
7 letter words containing y, n, e
- abeyant — temporarily inactive, stopped, or suspended.
- abhenry — the cgs unit of inductance in the electromagnetic system; the inductance that results when a rate of change of current of 1 abampere per second generates an induced emf of 1 abvolt: equivalent to 10–9 henry
- agentry — the duty or activity of an agent
- alcyone — the daughter of Aeolus and wife of Ceyx, who drowned herself in grief for her husband's death. She was transformed into a kingfisher
- allenby — Edmund Henry Hynman, 1st Viscount. 1861–1936, British field marshal who captured Palestine and Syria from the Turks in 1918; high commissioner in Egypt (1919–25)
8 letter words containing y, n, e
- a-plenty — in sufficient quantity; in generous amounts (usually used following the noun it modifies): He had troubles aplenty.
- abeyance — a state of being suspended or put aside temporarily
- absently — in an absent-minded or preoccupied manner; inattentively
- aerodyne — any heavier-than-air machine, such as an aircraft, that derives the greater part of its lift from aerodynamic forces
- aeronomy — the science of the earth's upper atmosphere
9 letter words containing y, n, e
- abernathy — Ralph David1926-90; U.S. clergyman & civil rights leader
- abernethy — a crisp unleavened biscuit
- aberrancy — departing from the right, normal, or usual course.
- acesodyne — mitigating pain; anodyne.
- acetylene — Acetylene is a colourless gas which burns with a very hot bright flame. It is often used in lamps and for cutting and welding metal.
10 letter words containing y, n, e
- aberrantly — in an aberrant manner
- absorbency — capable of absorbing heat, light, moisture, etc.; tending to absorb.
- acceptancy — the act of accepting; acceptance.
- accidently — happening by chance or accident; not planned; unexpected: an accidental meeting.
- acotyledon — any plant, such as a fern or moss, that does not possess cotyledons
11 letter words containing y, n, e
- abandonedly — in an unrestrained manner
- abhorrently — causing repugnance; detestable; loathsome: an abhorrent deed.
- acanthocyte — an abnormal red blood cell having spiny projections, found in the blood of persons with abetalipoproteinemia and certain malabsorption disorders.
- accentually — of or relating to accent or stress.
- acceptingly — in an accepting manner
12 letter words containing y, n, e
- accidentally — happening by chance or accident; not planned; unexpected: an accidental meeting.
- actinomycete — any bacterium of the group Actinomycetes, usually filamentous in form
- adjunctively — in an adjunctive manner
- aerodynamics — Aerodynamics is the study of the way in which objects move through the air.
- agranulocyte — a white blood cell without granules in its cytoplasm
13 letter words containing y, n, e
- accidentology — the study of the prevention of accidents
- acetate-rayon — Chemistry. a salt or ester of acetic acid.
- acetylaniline — acetanilide.
- acetylbenzene — acetophenone.
- acetylcholine — a chemical substance secreted at the ends of many nerve fibres, esp in the autonomic nervous system, and responsible for the transmission of nervous impulses. Formula: CH3CO2(CH2)2N(CH3)3+
14 letter words containing y, n, e
- absentmindedly — so lost in thought that one does not realize what one is doing, what is happening, etc.; preoccupied to the extent of being unaware of one's immediate surroundings.
- acetylcysteine — a substance, C 5 H 9 NO 3 S, used in solution as an inhalant to dissolve mucus in the treatment of chronic bronchitis, asthma, and emphysema and also used as an antidote in acetaminophen poisoning.
- acknowledgedly — by general agreement, admittedly
- advantageously — providing an advantage; furnishing convenience or opportunity; favorable; profitable; useful; beneficial: an advantageous position; an advantageous treaty.
- adventitiously — associated with something by chance rather than as an integral part; extrinsic.
15 letter words containing y, n, e
- absent-mindedly — so lost in thought that one does not realize what one is doing, what is happening, etc.; preoccupied to the extent of being unaware of one's immediate surroundings.
- actinochemistry — the branch of chemistry dealing with actinism; photochemistry.
- actinopterygian — belonging or pertaining to the Actinopterygii, a group of bony fishes.
- adenohypophysis — the anterior lobe of the pituitary gland
- aerodynamically — the branch of mechanics that deals with the motion of air and other gases and with the effects of such motion on bodies in the medium. Compare aerostatics (def 1).
16 letter words containing y, n, e
- acanthopterygian — of, relating to, or belonging to the Acanthopterygii, a large group of teleost fishes having spiny fin rays. The group includes most saltwater bony fishes
- acetylandromedol — grayanotoxin.
- administratively — pertaining to administration; executive: administrative ability.
- amidinohydrazone — any of a group of pesticides, originally developed as antimalarial and antitubercular drugs, that impair cell respiration in cockroaches, red ants, and other insects.
- aminocyclohexane — cyclohexylamine.
17 letter words containing y, n, e
- anthropogeography — a branch of anthropology dealing with the geographical distribution of humankind and the relationship between human beings and their environment.
- anti-metaphysical — pertaining to or of the nature of metaphysics.
- archconfraternity — a confraternity having the right to associate itself with confraternities that are similar to it, and to impart to them its privileges and indulgences.
- ashton-under-lyne — a town in NW England, in Tameside unitary authority, Greater Manchester. Pop: 43 236 (2001)
- attorneys-in-fact — a person authorized by power of attorney to act on the authorizer's behalf outside a court of law.
18 letter words containing y, n, e
- aerothermodynamics — the study of the exchange of heat between solids and gases, esp of the heating effect on aircraft flying through the air at very high speeds
- anthropocentricity — the state or quality of being anthropocentric.
- anti-revolutionary — of, pertaining to, characterized by, or of the nature of a revolution, or a sudden, complete, or marked change: a revolutionary junta.
- auxiliary-equation — Mathematics. the characteristic polynomial of a given matrix, equated to zero. Also called auxiliary equation. an equation with one variable and equated to zero, which is derived from a given linear differential equation and in which the coefficient and power of the variable in each term correspond to the coefficient and order of a derivative in the original equation.
- bats-in-the-belfry — a hairy Eurasian campanulaceous plant, Campanula trachelium, with bell-shaped blue-purple flowers
19 letter words containing y, n, e
- anthropocentrically — regarding the human being as the central fact of the universe.
- beggar-my-neighbour — a card game in which one player tries to win all the cards of the other player
- champigny-sur-marne — a suburb of Paris, on the River Marne. Pop: 75 556 (2006)
- cinematographically — a motion-picture projector.
- common-iliac-artery — Also called common iliac artery. either of two large arteries that conduct blood to the pelvis and the legs.
20 letter words containing y, n, e
- acetylcholinesterase — an enzyme in nerve cells that is responsible for the destruction of acetylcholine and thus for switching off excitation of the nerve
- acetylmethylcarbinol — acetoin.
- beggar-your-neighbor — a children's card game for two, played with 52 cards, that is won when a player captures all of the cards.
- belgorod-dnestrovsky — a seaport in SW Ukraine, on the Black Sea.
- counterrevolutionary — Counterrevolutionary activities are activities intended to reverse the effects of a previous revolution.
21 letter words containing y, n, e
22 letter words containing y, n, e
- alpha-naphthylthiourea — ANTU.
23 letter words containing y, n, e
- chlorotrifluoroethylene — a colorless, flammable gas, C 2 H 2 ClF, that polymerizes to form oils, greases, and waxes.
24 letter words containing y, n, e
- assembly-of-the-notables — a prominent, distinguished, or important person.
29 letter words containing y, n, e
On this page, we collect all words with Y, N, E. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 16333 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains Y, N, E that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.