Words containing y, a, h
4 letter words containing y, a, h
- achy — If you feel achy, your body hurts.
- ahoy — Ahoy is something that people in boats shout in order to attract attention.
- ashy — of a pale greyish colour; ashen
- ayah — (in the East, Africa, and other parts of the former British Empire) a maidservant, nursemaid, or governess, esp one of Indian or Malay origin
- ayuh — (rural New England, especially Maine) Yes; an expression of affirmation.
5 letter words containing y, a, h
6 letter words containing y, a, h
- aliyah — immigration to the Holy Land
- anyhoo — anyhow: Anyhoo, what do you think of my idea?
- anyhow — Anyhow means the same as anyway.
- anywho — anyhow: Anyhoo, what do you think of my idea?
- apathy — You can use apathy to talk about someone's state of mind if you are criticizing them because they do not seem to be interested in or enthusiastic about anything.
7 letter words containing y, a, h
- abhenry — the cgs unit of inductance in the electromagnetic system; the inductance that results when a rate of change of current of 1 abampere per second generates an induced emf of 1 abvolt: equivalent to 10–9 henry
- acharya — a prominent religious teacher and spiritual guide
- alchemy — Alchemy was a form of chemistry studied in the Middle Ages, which was concerned with trying to discover ways to change ordinary metals into gold.
- anarchy — If you describe a situation as anarchy, you mean that nobody seems to be paying any attention to rules or laws.
- anchory — ancré.
8 letter words containing y, a, h
- ach-y-fi — an expression of disgust or abhorrence
- achilary — having no labellum or lip, or one that is undeveloped, as in the flower of certain orchids.
- achingly — You can use achingly for emphasis when you are referring to things that create feelings of wanting something very much, but of not being able to have it.
- ahmadiya — a modern sect, divided into an older group (Qadianis) and a newer group (Lahore party)
- aldehyde — any organic compound containing the group -CHO. Aldehydes are oxidized to carboxylic acids and take part in many addition reactions
9 letter words containing y, a, h
- abashedly — ashamed or embarrassed; disconcerted: My clumsiness left me abashed.
- abernathy — Ralph David1926-90; U.S. clergyman & civil rights leader
- abernethy — a crisp unleavened biscuit
- acheilary — having no labellum or lip, or one that is undeveloped, as in the flower of certain orchids.
- acropathy — any disease of the extremities.
10 letter words containing y, a, h
11 letter words containing y, a, h
- aberystwyth — a resort and university town in Wales, in Ceredigion on Cardigan Bay. Pop: 15 935 (2001)
- abhorrently — causing repugnance; detestable; loathsome: an abhorrent deed.
- acanthocyte — an abnormal red blood cell having spiny projections, found in the blood of persons with abetalipoproteinemia and certain malabsorption disorders.
- acanthology — the study of spines, as in sea urchins or certain spiny-headed worms, particularly as they relate to taxonomic classification.
- achlamydate — not chlamydate; having neither mantle nor pallium.
12 letter words containing y, a, h
- acetaldehyde — a colourless volatile pungent liquid, miscible with water, used in the manufacture of organic compounds and as a solvent and reducing agent. Formula: CH3CHO
- achlamydeous — (of flowers such as the willow) having neither petals nor sepals
- achlorhydria — the absence of free hydrochloric acid in the gastric juice
- alchemically — in an alchemical manner
- alcoholicity — the strength of an alcoholic liquor
13 letter words containing y, a, h
- acetylcholine — a chemical substance secreted at the ends of many nerve fibres, esp in the autonomic nervous system, and responsible for the transmission of nervous impulses. Formula: CH3CO2(CH2)2N(CH3)3+
- achromaticity — achromatism.
- acrylaldehyde — acrolein.
- actinotherapy — radiotherapy, especially using ultraviolet rays.
- aeroemphysema — A form of emphysema that results from rapid decompression.
14 letter words containing y, a, h
- acanthocytosis — a condition characterized by large numbers of acanthocytes in the blood.
- agrotechnology — the technology of agriculture, as the methods or machinery needed for efficient production.
- anachronically — something or someone that is not in its correct historical or chronological time, especially a thing or person that belongs to an earlier time: The sword is an anachronism in modern warfare.
- anaglyphoscope — a pair of spectacles for viewing an anaglyph.
- anesthesiology — the science of anesthesia and anesthetics
15 letter words containing y, a, h
- achlorophyllous — containing no chlorophyll.
- actinochemistry — the branch of chemistry dealing with actinism; photochemistry.
- adenohypophysis — the anterior lobe of the pituitary gland
- aegyptopithecus — a genus of extinct anthropoid ape of the Oligocene Period known from remains found in Egypt.
- al-iskandariyah — Arabic name of Alexandria.
16 letter words containing y, a, h
- acanthopterygian — of, relating to, or belonging to the Acanthopterygii, a large group of teleost fishes having spiny fin rays. The group includes most saltwater bony fishes
- amidinohydrazone — any of a group of pesticides, originally developed as antimalarial and antitubercular drugs, that impair cell respiration in cockroaches, red ants, and other insects.
- aminocyclohexane — cyclohexylamine.
- antihypertension — Pathology. elevation of the blood pressure, especially the diastolic pressure. an arterial disease characterized by this condition.
- antihypertensive — able to inhibit or control hypertension
17 letter words containing y, a, h
- angiocardiography — the making of X-ray pictures of the heart and its blood vessels after injecting a radiopaque substance
- anthropogeography — a branch of anthropology dealing with the geographical distribution of humankind and the relationship between human beings and their environment.
- anthropologically — the science that deals with the origins, physical and cultural development, biological characteristics, and social customs and beliefs of humankind.
- anti-anaphylactic — exaggerated allergic reaction to a foreign protein resulting from previous exposure to it.
- anti-metaphysical — pertaining to or of the nature of metaphysics.
18 letter words containing y, a, h
- aerothermodynamics — the study of the exchange of heat between solids and gases, esp of the heating effect on aircraft flying through the air at very high speeds
- anthropocentricity — the state or quality of being anthropocentric.
- arachibutyrophobia — Fear of peanut butter sticking to the roof of one's mouth.
- bats-in-the-belfry — a hairy Eurasian campanulaceous plant, Campanula trachelium, with bell-shaped blue-purple flowers
- beggar-my-neighbor — beggar-your-neighbor.
19 letter words containing y, a, h
- anarcho-syndicalism — syndicalism.
- anarcho-syndicalist — syndicalism.
- anthropocentrically — regarding the human being as the central fact of the universe.
- anthropomorphically — ascribing human form or attributes to a being or thing not human, especially to a deity.
- bacteriochlorophyll — a pale blue-gray form of chlorophyll that is unique to the photosynthetic but anaerobic purple bacteria.
20 letter words containing y, a, h
- acetylcholinesterase — an enzyme in nerve cells that is responsible for the destruction of acetylcholine and thus for switching off excitation of the nerve
- acetylmethylcarbinol — acetoin.
- barothermohygrograph — an automatic instrument for recording pressure, temperature, and humidity.
- beggar-your-neighbor — a children's card game for two, played with 52 cards, that is won when a player captures all of the cards.
- decahydronaphthalene — a colorless, aromatic liquid, C 10 H 18 , insoluble in water and soluble in alcohol and ether: used as a solvent for oils, fats, etc., in cleaning fluids, lubricants, etc.
21 letter words containing y, a, h
- dacryocystorhinostomy — A surgical procedure to restore the flow of tears into the nose from the lacrimal sac when the nasolacrimal duct does not function.
22 letter words containing y, a, h
- alpha-naphthylthiourea — ANTU.
- carboxymethylcellulose — a white, water-soluble polymer derived from cellulose, used as a coating and sizing for paper and textiles, a stabilizer for various foods, and an appetite suppressor.
- chemical-sympathectomy — sympathectomy (def 2).
- dehydroepiandrosterone — the most abundant steroid in the human body, that is involved in the manufacture of testosterone, oestrogen, progesterone, and corticosterone
- dihydroxyphenylalanine — dopa.
24 letter words containing y, a, h
29 letter words containing y, a, h
31 letter words containing y, a, h
On this page, we collect all words with Y, A, H. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 9442 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains Y, A, H that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.