Words containing w, e, l, a
4 letter words containing w, e, l, a
5 letter words containing w, e, l, a
- dwale — Deadly nightshade or belladonna.
- kwela — a type of pop music popular among the Black communities of South Africa
- lawed — the principles and regulations established in a community by some authority and applicable to its people, whether in the form of legislation or of custom and policies recognized and enforced by judicial decision.
- lawer — Obsolete form of lawyer.
- lawes — Henry ("Harry") 1596–1662, English composer.
6 letter words containing w, e, l, a
7 letter words containing w, e, l, a
- alawite — a member of a Shiʿite sect inhabiting the coastal district of Latakia in northwest Syria.
- alewife — a North American fish, Pomolobus pseudoharengus, similar to the herring Clupea harengus: family Clupeidae (herrings)
- allowed — to let have; give as one's share; grant as one's right: to allow a person $100 for expenses.
- aweless — feeling no awe
- beltway — A beltway is a road that goes around a city or town, to keep traffic away from the centre.
8 letter words containing w, e, l, a
- alleyway — An alleyway is the same as an alley.
- avowedly — acknowledged; declared: an avowed enemy.
- bakewell — Robert. 1725–95, English agriculturist; radically improved livestock breeding, esp of cattle and sheep
- bellmawr — a borough in SW New Jersey.
- bestowal — to present as a gift; give; confer (usually followed by on or upon): The trophy was bestowed upon the winner.
9 letter words containing w, e, l, a
- afterglow — The afterglow is the glow that remains after a light has gone, for example after the sun has gone down.
- allentown — a city in E Pennsylvania, on the Lehigh River. Pop: 105 958 (2003 est)
- alley-way — an alley or lane.
- allowable — If people decide that something is allowable, they let it happen without trying to stop it.
- allowance — An allowance is money that is given to someone, usually on a regular basis, in order to help them pay for the things that they need.
10 letter words containing w, e, l, a
- afterworld — a world inhabited after death
- alderwoman — (in England and Wales until 1974) one of the senior female members of a local council, elected by other councillors
- allowables — that may be allowed; legitimate; permissible: an allowable tax deduction.
- answerable — If you are answerable to someone, you have to report to them and explain your actions.
- answerless — not having or offering an answer
11 letter words containing w, e, l, a
- acknowledge — If you acknowledge a fact or a situation, you accept or admit that it is true or that it exists.
- all-weather — All-weather sports take place on an artificial surface instead of on grass.
- alpha-waves — a pattern of slow brain waves (alpha waves) in normal persons at rest with closed eyes, thought by some to be associated with an alert but daydreaming mind.
- amperes-law — the law that a magnetic field induced by an electric current is, at any point, directly proportional to the product of the current intensity and the length of the current conductor, inversely proportional to the square of the distance between the point and the conductor, and perpendicular to the plane joining the point and the conductor.
- arm-wrestle — (of two people) to sit facing each other with the elbows resting on a table and clasping hands with each other, each trying to force the other's arm flat onto the table while keeping his or her own elbow touching the table
12 letter words containing w, e, l, a
- acknowledged — recognized as being true or existing
- acknowledger — to admit to be real or true; recognize the existence, truth, or fact of: to acknowledge one's mistakes.
- acknowledges — to admit to be real or true; recognize the existence, truth, or fact of: to acknowledge one's mistakes.
- all-powerful — An all-powerful person or organization has the power to do anything they want.
- baden-powell — Robert Stephenson Smyth (smɪθ, smaɪθ), 1st Baron Baden-Powell. 1857–1941, British general, noted for his defence of Mafeking (1899–1900) in the Boer War; founder of the Boy Scouts (1908) and (with his sister Agnes) the Girl Guides (1910)
13 letter words containing w, e, l, a
- allhallowtide — the season of All Saints' Day (Allhallows)
- answerability — liable to be asked to give account; responsible: He is answerable to a committee for all his decisions.
- anticlockwise — If something is moving anticlockwise, it is moving in the opposite direction to the direction in which the hands of a clock move.
- assemblywoman — In the United States, an assemblywoman is a female elected member of an assembly of people who make decisions and laws.
- bottle-washer — a menial or factotum
14 letter words containing w, e, l, a
- acknowledgedly — by general agreement, admittedly
- acknowledgment — An acknowledgment is a statement or action which recognizes that something exists or is true.
- blanket-flower — any composite plant of the genus Gaillardia, having showy heads of yellow or red flowers.
- brother-in-law — Someone's brother-in-law is the brother of their husband or wife, or the man who is married to their sister.
- crawfordsville — a city in W central Indiana.
15 letter words containing w, e, l, a
- acknowledgeable — to admit to be real or true; recognize the existence, truth, or fact of: to acknowledge one's mistakes.
- acknowledgement — An acknowledgement is a statement or action which recognizes that something exists or is true.
- attorney-at-law — a lawyer qualified to represent in court a party to a legal action
- black-and-white — displaying only black and white tones; without color, as a picture or chart: a black-and-white photograph.
- cauliflowerette — a single floret from the head of a cauliflower.
16 letter words containing w, e, l, a
- asalam-wa-leikum — a salutation used in India
- bethmann-hollweg — Theobald von [tey-oh-bahlt fuh n] /ˈteɪ oʊˌbɑlt fən/ (Show IPA), 1856–1921, German statesman: chancellor 1909–17.
- counselor-at-law — a lawyer, esp one who conducts cases in court; attorney
- follow-my-leader — a game in which the players must repeat the actions of the leader
- knowledgeability — possessing or exhibiting knowledge, insight, or understanding; intelligent; well-informed; discerning; perceptive.
17 letter words containing w, e, l, a
- down-at-the-heels — of a shabby, run-down appearance; seedy: He is rapidly becoming a down-at-heel drifter and a drunk.
- downwardly-mobile — See under vertical mobility (def 1).
- flower-of-an-hour — a malvaceous Old World herbaceous plant, Hibiscus trionum, having pale yellow flowers with a bladder-like calyx
- ladies-in-waiting — plural of lady-in-waiting.
- self-acknowledged — widely recognized; generally accepted: an acknowledged authority on Chinese art.
18 letter words containing w, e, l, a
- farewell-to-spring — a slender, showy plant, Clarkia amoena, of the evening primrose family, native to western North America, having satiny, cup-shaped, lilac-crimson or reddish-pink flowers and roundish fruit.
- flame-of-the-woods — an Indian evergreen shrub, Ixora coccinea, of the madder family, having red, tubular flowers in dense clusters.
19 letter words containing w, e, l, a
20 letter words containing w, e, l, a
21 letter words containing w, e, l, a
- devil's-walking-stick — Hercules-club (def 2).
- lotus-of-the-true-law — a Mahayana sutra, forming with its references to Amida and the Bodhisattvas the basis for the doctrine that there is something of Buddha in everyone, so that salvation is universally available: a central text of Mahayana Buddhism.
- watenstedt-salzgitter — former name of Salzgitter.
22 letter words containing w, e, l, a
- the-leaning-tower-pisa — a round, marble campanile in Pisa, Italy, begun in 1174 and now 17 feet (5.2 meters) out of the perpendicular in its height of 179 feet (54 meters).
On this page, we collect all words with W, E, L, A. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 5071 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains W, E, L, A that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.